Hello, and welcome to Dateline Disney World. We’re very close to a huge change in the daily operation of Disney’s Animal Kingdom as the park begins offering regular nighttime hours to accommodate the new Rivers of Light show. With all that additional time to spend in the park Disney is adding all sorts of new things. Let’s see what they’ve got going on!
Rivers of Light will take place on Discovery River between Discovery Island and Expedition Everest. According to notes released by Disney “A pair of mystical hosts come to the river bearing gifts of light. During the show, the hosts set out from the shore on elaborate lantern vessels for a dramatic dance of water and light to summon animal spirits. With the storytellers as your guides, the wonders of “Rivers of Light” builds to a stunning crescendo.”
What Else is going on in the Disney World:
With all of Walt Disney World resort celebrating St Patrick’s Day this Thursday, we wanted to share all the special Irish themed activities and events. There are many ways you can celebrate the lucky day on Thursday and all weekend:
- Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant at Disney Springs, is celebrating St Patrick’s day with authentic Irish dishes and drinks. Leading the St Patrick’s Day festivities will be special musicians and wonderful dancers, showcasing an authentic Irish experience all day.
- Epcot will be hosting a wonderful celebration at Rose and Crown Pub in the World Showcase.
- New this year is the Cider House in the United Kingdom at World Showcase.
- Though part of the Epcot International Flower and Garden festival, this outdoor kitchen is a perfect spot to celebrate St Patrick’s Day with a Hard Cider or Lager.
- The America Gardens Theater, located at the American Adventure in World Showcase, will be hosting Little River band this weekend as part of the 2016 Garden Rocks Series.
- As you enjoy the celebrations Thursday and this weekend, be on the lookout resort wide for special St Patrick’s Day themed meals, desserts and merchandise.
That does it for this week! Are you excited for Animal Kingdom to fully transform into a nighttime park? Ready to see Rivers of Light next month? Let us know in the comments below!
If you appreciate what we do here and would like to support Dateline Disney World, you can shop at Amazon.com using my link (please CLICK HERE before you do). It won’t cost you any extra, and it’ll help out the column!!