Hello my MiceChatters and Fabanistas! May is here and it’s almost Gumball Rally Time! Are you getting excited? Do you want to sign up? Do Pasta? Volunteer?
LEGO Star Wars Original Series to Debut on Disney XD
“LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures” will premiere MONDAY, JUNE 20 (10:00 a.m. EDT), on Disney XD. Set between the events of “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi,” the series follows the Freemakers, a family of scavengers who operate a salvage and repair shop in space. The action comedy series (it’s LEGO, after all) will also feature familiar characters and locations from the Star Wars films and shows. The show will also introduce new heroes and villains to the LEGO Star Wars universe.
Photo credit: ™ & © The LEGO Group & Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC. All rights reserved.
During the series’ premiere week, Disney XD will debut a new episode each day, beginning Monday, June 20 through Thursday, June 23. The first episode will also be available via Video on Demand (VOD) and the Disney XD app for users on tablets, phones, set top boxes and computers on Monday, June 20.
The series is about the Freemaker family, siblings who scour the galaxy for useful debris that they use to build new vehicles of their own design. They are:
- Rowan, the spunky Force-sensitive 12-year-old with a thirst for adventure, is voiced by Nicolas Cantu (“Sofia the First”, “The Amazing World of Gumball”).
- Kordi, voiced by Vanessa Lengies (“Glee”), is his quick-witted older sister. She manages the family business and is the glue that holds the family together.
- Zander, voiced by Eugene Byrd (“Arrow”), is the oldest brother and the family’s self-proclaimed starship connoisseur. He’s also an ace pilot and charming rogue
- R0-GR, also known as Roger, Lucasfilm’s Matthew Wood, a refurbished battle droid from the Clone Wars adopted by the Freemaker family.
The story begins when Rowan discovers the Kyber Saber, an ancient artifact with a powerful connection to the Force. (Lightsabers are, for the most part, made from Kyber crystals – real, from Ilum or a very few other places, or synthetic) They are thrown into the middle of a struggle between good and evil and learn the value of being a family during their adventures.
Fab News is sponsored by my Patreon Patrons and DVCResaleMarket.com
“Zootopia” Arrives Home on June 7
Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and Disney Movies Anywhere
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ comedy-adventure, “Zootopia” made more than $900 million at the global box office to date. It deserved it and more. It’s a good movie. Great animation, great character design, great writing, great acting, all-around wonderful Disney film. It did everyone who worked on it proud and then some. And now it’s going to be available at home and on all the devices, and I hope it does just as well and better on those. I want good things to succeed so the people who only understand money get the hint that good things make more money, so they’ll keep doing good things. Like Zootopia.
On June 7, 2016, Zootopia gets to On-Demand, just as it is, the fantastic movie. BUT, if you get it from Digital HD, Blu-ray, Disney Movies Anywhere (which I love), or DVD, there is a menagerie of bonus material. Disney’s been super-generous with the bonus material lately, have you noticed?
Bonus features include*:
BLU-RAY 3D, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- Zoology: The Roundtables – Ginnifer Goodwin hosts an in-depth look at the movie’s characters, animation, environments and more. The artists at Disney Animation give a rare and in-depth look at the complexities of bringing an all-animal world to life from the ground-breaking technology behind the characters’ fur and clothing to the varied and vast environments of Tundratown, Sahara Square and the Rainforest District as well as the deep thought and research given to bringing 64 unique animal species to life through animation.
- The Origin of an Animal Tale – Follow the story’s development from its origins to a big story shift that turned the film upside down. In this feature-length documentary, filmmakers give a candid look into the difficulties of creating the story of Zootopia and the bold decision to switch the main character late in the production process, putting one resolute rabbit center stage.
- Research: A True-Life Adventure – The filmmakers traveled the globe to find inspiration for the diverse characters and amazing city of Zootopia. They reflect on the importance of research and how a deep dive into animal behavior at Disney Animal Kingdom theme park and a deep immersion into animal society on the African savanna shaped and inspired the characters of Zootopia and changed the filmmakers’ lives forever.
- Z.P.D. Forensic Files – Find the movie’s hidden Easter Eggs. Every city has its hidden gems, especially when it has been created by the filmmakers of Disney Animation who love nothing more than sprinkling hidden references to some of Disney’s greatest animated features throughout the story.
- Scoretopia – Academy Award®-winning composer, Michael Giacchino spotlights five of cinema’s greatest percussionists and how they brought an organic, animalistic sound to his powerful and emotional music score.
- Deleted Characters – Directors Byron Howard and Rich Moore introduce citizens of Zootopia who did not make the final cut.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Alternate Opening – Young Judy Hopps rescues a fellow classmate and realizes she can reach beyond a life in carrot farming to a future in law enforcement.
- Wild Times! Pitch – Nick desperately pitches the bankers of Zootopia on funding Wild Times!, an amusement park made exclusively for the predators of Zootopia and a sure-fire, money-making scheme for Nick and his friends.
- Alternate Homesick Hopps – After a frustrating first day on the force, Judy has a conversation with her parents. See how this scene changed from a heartfelt conversation with her parents to tough love when her parents discover their daughter is only a meter maid and not a “real cop.”
- Detective Work – Judy borrows a fellow police officer’s computer to conduct research, which turns out to be no small task.
- o Alternate Jumbo Pop – In this early version of the story where Nick was the main character, the filmmakers and Jason Bateman were able to take hustling to a new level.
- Hopps’ Apartment – When Judy’s entire family pays her a surprise visit they are shocked to discover the company she’s keeping.
- The Taming Party – In this emotional clip from an early version of “Zootopia,” Judy attends her first “taming party” and gains a deeper understanding of the plight of the predator.
- “Try Everything” Music Video by Shakira
- “Try Everything” Music Video by Shakira
DIGITAL HD EXCLUSIVE:
- International Character Reel – See the variances in news reporters in Zootopia around the world!
Circle With Disney Debuts at Best Buy
Last year, I told you about Circle with Disney, a content-management app for parents that was being developed. Last week, it hit the shelves as an exclusive at Best Buy.
Circle with Disney is managed through a companion iOS app. It keeps parents informed about their little ones’ online activities and limits screen time on every device in the home, including smart phones, tablets, computers, and gaming consoles. Circle with Disney pairs with home Wi-Fi and gives parents the ability to filter content, set a bedtime for devices, and even completely pause the Internet. Each user’s profile and settings can be completely customized based on age and parents’ preferences.
Through a licensing partnership with Disney, Circle with Disney will also deliver a curated selection of Disney content including videos, blogs, gifs, emojis, music, games, characters and lots more through a unique experience called MyCircle.
Circle with Disney is available now for $99 at Best Buy retail stores nationwide and online at BestBuy.com, meetcircle.com and DisneyStore.com/circle. The Circle app can be downloaded for FREE from the Apple App Store.
DO. NOT. MISS.
You will count this as one of the most amazing experiences of your life.
Disney Magical Dice Now Live Globally in 155 Countries
Disney’s first mobile board game, Disney Magical Dice, is now available globally in 155 countries including the U.S. Netmarble Games Corp., the fastest-growing mobile game company in Asia, announced today. The game invites players to play as their favorite characters as they travel through the virtual board game, encountering different maps and Disney-themed cards, avatars, dice, and landmarks. By implementing classic Disney characters, storylines, and imagery, Disney Magical Dice is sure to appeal to players of all ages, all across the globe.
Exciting Disney Magical Dice features, include:
- Your Favorite Disney and Pixar Characters: Players can play as their favorite Disney and Pixar characters, including: Goofy, Daisy Duck, Dale, Chip, Donald Duck, Rapunzel, Maleficent, Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Snow White, Cinderella, Stitch, Aladdin, Alice, Woody, Buzz, Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook.
- Fun Disney themed maps and landmarks: Mickey & Friends allows players to play the game with the popular and familiar original Disney characters including landmarks of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale, and Donald Duck. Fantasyland includes various objects from Disney’s stories including the magic mirror, glass slipper, and pumpkin carriage as landmarks and more!
- PvE Game Mode: Players can participate via the PvE stage-based practice mode that mixes a simple storyline with Disney characters. A tutorial introduces game rules, allowing players to adapt to the gameplay in an easy and engaging manner. Fans can play against various Disney characters in the different stages and earn their costume cards as rewards.
- Ready, Set, Play: In the PvP game mode players are matched up in real-time competition. Various modes include Free-For-All and Team Mode (2v2), and feature three different classes (Rookie, Minor, Major) for players to choose from depending on their experience with the game.
- Card Collection & Card Power-Up: Disney Magical Dice invites you to expand your collection of Disney character costume cards while naturally learning about how to strengthen your cards through Power-Up and Fusion.
- Player Strategy: Quality dice and card stats are influential in helping players win Disney Magical Dice. There are different stats for each dice and some dice stats are added to your card stats. Extra help comes in the form of magic beans. Players can collect magic beans through various in-game rewards and expert league victories.
- Competition via Rankings: Trigger the competitive nature of players through international and friend leaderboards. Various rewards are awarded in short intervals for the different ranks that players achieve.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Retold Using Emoji
In the all-new Star Wars: The Force Awakens As Told By Emoji video, fans can watch as Rey, Finn, BB-8 and the entire cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens tell their tale using the mechanics of a smartphone, including text threads, calendar alerts, lock screens and more. The video is the latest installment of Disney As Told By Emoji, a collection of videos that retell popular Disney stories by recasting our favorite characters as emoji living within a mobile phone. The series so far includesAladdin, Frozen, Tangled, and “Frozen Fever” retold with emojis and has more than 50 million views. Star Wars: The Force Awakens As Told By Emoji is live now, and viewers can look forward to future installments on Disney’s YouTube channel.
I’m all: “Hair flip. Of course.”
Cinderella Castle Serves as Backdrop for Magical Matrimony
Time to buy those lottery tickets, sell those kidneys and plan that vow renewal, Noe! You can now have a Disney Wedding inside the Magic Kingdom in the East Plaza Garden, with a picture-perfect view of Cinderella Castle for up to 100 of your closest personal friends, right after Rope Drop. In fact, morning guests might see a bride going “right down the middle of Main Street, USA”, instead of the usual trolley!
“Couples have been seeking a celebratory location showcasing the iconic Cinderella Castle,” said Korri McFann, Marketing Director for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to make those dreams a reality.”
After the vows, the happy couple are off to their reception at any of a number of fantastic, romantic venues inside the Walt Disney World Resort. Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings package collections start at $2,500, and custom experiences begin at $12,000. Premiere locations such as Magic Kingdom Park, with a completely customized ceremony and reception for 100 guests, start at $75,000. But honestly, if I had the money to burn, I’d do it in a heartbeat. My first wedding, in 1993, was a Disney Wedding, at the Beach Club, and it was fantastic.
Sounds Like Fun
The Tribute Bands are coming!
Bruce in the USA: A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen will perform July 10-16 during the Sounds Like Summer concert series at Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The event features some of the world’s greatest tribute bands including DSB-A Tribute to Journey, Stayin’ Alive-A Tribute to the Bee Gees, Hotel California-A Salute to the Eagles, and others. The series runs seven weeks from June 5 to July 23, 2016. All performances are scheduled to take place at the open-air America Gardens Theater in World Showcase.
Until the end of the month, you can save even more buying or selling Disney Vacation Club points with DVCResaleMarket.com – instead of the industry standard of 10% commission, Nick Cotton and his team of knowledgeable, friendly staff are only charging 8.5%. That’s a lot more Dole Whips on your vacation! Visit them and learn more about the difference between timeshare and pre-paid vacations, and what Disney Vacation Club is all about.
|FTC-Mandated Disclosure: Sponsorship for this edition of Fab News was provided by DVC Resale Market.|