Disney Cruise Line will scare up Halloween sailings and deck the halls for Christmas again this year, as well as ring in the New Year into 2017 with its fan favorite annual events.
With the Disney Wonder undergoing its redesign during Halloween celebrations this year, the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Magic will take on the festivities in her absence on most voyages from September to October 2016. Amidst special decorations onboard will be the following fun experiences to enjoy:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party: a candy-filled celebration complete with games, dancing and appearances from the Disney characters wearing their Halloween costumes
- A Nightmare Before Christmas—Sing and Scream: an interactive film experience and meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally
- Haunted Stories of the Sea: true and tall tales will be told under the stars by a mysterious sea captain storyteller
- Creepy Cabaret: a live performance of Halloween holiday tunes by ghost musicians in the atrium
- Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids: an adults-only costume contest and Villainous Takeover of the dance floor
- Spooky Movies: stateroom and Funnel Vision poolside screenings of Halloween movies
- Ghoulish Delights: special holiday-themed menu items like chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Spooky Juice.”
- Plus, more fun such as mask making and a ghoulish takeover of ship announcements
Halloween itineraries set sail on the Disney Dream for 3- and 4-night Bahamian voyages leaving September 2 to October 31; the Disney Fantasy for 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings embarking September 3 to October 29 and the Disney Magic for 5-night Canadian Coast cruises and 7- and 8-night Bahamian cruises departing October 2 to 29.
Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year
The holidays will continue with Very Merrytime Cruises aboard Disney Cruise Line’s entire fleet – Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – for Thanksgiving Day with a feast, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse dressed for the occasion and NFL football game screenings on the jumbo Funnel Vision screen. And then Christmas celebrations will include the following:
- “Mickey’s Tree-Lighting Magic”: an atrium carol-singing and Christmas tree-lighting event at the start of the cruise led by Disney characters
- “Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball”: a special Broadway-style atrium gathering with Santa and Mrs. Claus ahead of a snowy appearance by Queen Elsa and Princess Anna from Frozen
- Dickens-inspired carolers: Christmas singing throughout the ship by classic carolers, Disney friends and young cruisers
- Family holiday activities: gingerbread house making and Santa Claus meet-and-greets
- Youth holiday crafts: stocking decorating, gingerbread men cookie baking, holiday card making and animation cell creating
- “Deck the Deck Holiday Party”: a holiday-style tropical deck fiesta with Disney characters, games like hula hooping and limbo with giant candy canes and family dancing such as the “Yuletide Slide” and a poolside conga line
- A special holiday edition of the cheerful farewell celebration: a special musical cruise sendoff from Mickey Mouse, other Disney characters and the ship’s crew
Also decked out during Christmas time will be Disney’s Castaway Cay private island in the Bahamas with “snow flurries,” its own Christmas tree, Disney character meet-and-greets and holiday island tunes.
Plus, on the actual day of Christmas, Santa Claus and his helpers will layout a special surprise for children in the atrium, and a traditional feast will be prepared in the rotational dining rooms for dinner. Services will also be offered on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve as well as for Hanukkah daily from December 24 to January 1.
Additional opportunities can be enjoyed in the form of special stateroom amenities delivery available for purchased in advance like gift packages, treat baskets and mini decorated Christmas trees. Other merchandise onboard will also reflect the holiday such as popular Disney Cruise Line ornaments.
Lastly, a special New Year’s Eve party, music, sparkling wine in commemorative flutes and a midnight countdown will herald 2017 onboard.
Very Merrytime Cruises can be booked on the Disney Magic for 4- and 5- night Bahamian cruises, 5-,6- and 7-night Eastern Caribbean sailings and 7-night Western Caribbean voyages departing November 5 to December 23; the Disney Wonder for 4- and 7-night Western Caribbean sailings and 7-night Bahamian voyages embarking from November 10 to December 23; the Disney Dream for 3- and 4-night Bahamian cruises leaving from November 7 to December 22 and the Disney Fantasy for 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises departing from November 19 to December 24.
For more information about these sailings, visit the Disney Cruise Line website. To book your Disney cruise call upon MiceChat’s very own Fairy Godmother Travel.
Are you planning to reserve a holiday sailing on Disney Cruise Line? Share your thoughts in the comments section below…