|Welcome to the MiceChat News Round Up!|
|Welcome to the Round up for this week! Did you know that on this day back in 1955, Disneyland’s Dumbo Flying Elephants opened in Fantasyland on the very same day the Tomorrowland Boats were renamed “Phantom Boats of Tomorrowland?” Walt had originally hoped to have Dumbo ready on July 17, but the fiberglass elephants arrived too late to be ready for opening day.This week we have plenty Disney news to read about, from big changes around the Disneyland Resort to some of our very own MiceChatters getting stuck on the Indiana Jones ride! And, we have three great offers for you to take advantage of (or win) just read below and enjoy the round up.|
The big runDisney Disneyland half-marathon is coming up on Labor Day weekend, and our partners at the Anabella Hotel have a great offer for you. Not only are they offering a special deal with Food and Beverage credit and complementary late checkout (so runners have time to return to their rooms to shower and relax after the race . . . or go to the hot tub!), but they are also offering cocktails and appetizers with Terri Hardin on Saturday (Sept 3rd) at Tangerine Bar and Grill. You can get this deal even if you aren’t racing, So, take advantage of the offer, book a room, and join Terri at Tangerine:
MiceChat RunDisney Event at Anabella’s Tangerine, September 3rd
– Featuring former Imagineer TERRI HARDIN
Saturday evening, September 3rd, join us for cocktail and drink specials and some amazing inspiration from former Disney Imagineer and runDisney fangirl, Terri Hardin. The event will take place from 6pm until 7pm at the Tangerine Grill & Patio. Whether you are racing or not, come join us for drinks with Terri!
- The exclusive MiceChat Runners’ Special Rate for Labor Day Weekend Only is available to all MiceChatters (even if you aren’t racing)… and Only at The Anabella. You won’t find a better deal anywhere else! Ask for the MiceChat deal.
|Fun Giveaway from the Walt Disney Birthplace|
Doesn’t cost anything to enter. You’ve got some good odds on this one. give it a whirl!
|This Week’s Top Stories|
Disneyland Photo Update: Cha, Cha, Changes…
Like lines from the Bible, this text has been quoted a lot lately: “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” – Walt Disney Disneyland continues to grow and change, now more than ever. Here is a brief list of some upcoming changes and lots and LOTS of beautiful Disneyland photos…
You may have noticed that the Fabulous Disney Babe was missing this week. She is recovering from surgery and received news that she’ll also need to undergo a hysterectomy. Sadly, she does not have the funds for the procedure nor to pay for the one she just had. While dealing with the pain of recovery, she’s also suffering the pain and stress of wondering how to pay for it all. Shelly publishes Fab News twice a week and loves the MiceChat community. She is your champion, but she’s hurting right now. Please join us in supporting Shelly and her family through this difficult time. Please consider making a donation of any amount to the following campaign. Let’s show Shelly the same love and support she gives all of us:
|All Things Disneyland!|
This week we get to walk off the Indiana Jones attraction. We also learn about a revised Happiest Haunts tour in Disneyland. And while Disneyland Management is still being coy and secretive about the long term plans for Paint the Night, even more so with the announcement that the run down and ready for refurbishment Main Street Electrical parade is being sent back to Anaheim. ~ Aladdin
We got stuck on indiana jones – took video
BradleyC was on the Indiana Jones attraction, when it stopped. Guests were walked off the attraction, and here is his video!
Were getting MSEP Back
20 years after the Main Street Electrical Parade glowed away forever, it is returning to Main Street USA, in Disneyland, Anaheim. Unfortunately, the parade is dire need of refurbishment, after it’s run at WDW. Tell us what you think. Maybe Tokyo’s Dreamlights Parade would be a better choice!
Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour change for 2016
One of the season tours is returning for Halloween, however several aspects of the tour will be different from previous years, including a much shorter tour.
|MiceChatters Exclusive Deal!|
We have a special discount for our loyal MIceChatters! Use “MICECHAT” when purchasing online or over the phone and receive an 10% discount on the Golden Clef Gala Awards event on August 20, 2016! Visit: http://lamiradatheatre.com/goldenclefawardsgala/ to purchase tickets for this very special event!
|Rumors & Armchair Imagineering|
Disneyland resort plans to spend a lot of money over the next few years, and our armchair imagineers are always coming up with ideas on how. ~ Trekkie Dad
How to have the Fantasyland expansion (Arendelle) and still keep Toontown
Disneylandfan85 would hate to see Disneyland’s Toontown replaced in part or whole by Arendelle.
Tomorrowland futuristic restaurant
Would you like to see your food order delivered through a clear tube in the center of your table? asks Pixtopher.
|Walt Disney World Resorts|
Will the election affect Hall of Presidents for you?
With interesting election taking place this year, Co Foo is wondering if the outcome will change how you feel about the show?
Dopey Falls during Fantasmic at WDW
Jerryp49 brings us information about Dopey taking an unfortunate fall during Fantasmic!
MSEP ending soon?
HiddenMickey87 was inquiring about the Main Street Electrical Parade and the change coming in October.
|Podcasts & Videos|
MiceChat Podcast: Disney Attractions Dropping Out and Dropping In:
Fireworks, parades, dazzling rides with cutting-edge technology. . . all of these things help make the Disney Parks experience irresistible. So it comes as no shock that theme park fans are up in arms when any of those elements are threatened. Today’s update brings conversation about the loss of Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure, the cancellation of three Diamond Anniversary spectaculars at the Disneyland Resort, and lots of talk about why this is so shocking. Plus, we’ll take a look at new theme park attractions on the way and what fans should be excited about in the future. Gossip, Drama, ACTION!
Mousetalgia: This week, Mousetalgia is pleased to speak with two authors of important upcoming books about Disney animation history. Daniel Kothenschulte, editor of the 620+ page “The Walt Disney Film Archives: The Animated Movies 1921-1968″, joins us to talk about his incredible upcoming book from Taschen, with topics including the transformation of the Walt Disney Studios in the 1940s and Walt’s contribution to the “family film” genre. Then, author Didier Ghez joins us to continue discussing the Studios in the ’40s as we discuss his new book “They Drew as They Pleased: The Hidden Art of Disney’s Musical Years -The 1940s Part 1.” We discuss why the ’40s were considered musical years, the creation of the Disney Studios’ music library, Fantasia – Walt’s “playing field for invention,” and Walt’s opinion of women in animation in the Studio’s earlier days. Plus – Team Mousetalgia talks Disneyland news, including discussion about parades coming and going and the new parking garage and skybridge. Also – Newsies will be hitting the big screen!
The Sweep Spot: In this episode we welcome podcasters Chris Allison, and Chris Lyndon to join us in our discussion about the future of The Disneyland Resort, all with speculations, rumors, and ideas we have. We have our opinions on Star Wars Land, marvel, Tomorrowland and more. This is a fun discussion, but just our opinions on these issues. Plus the latest in the Disneyland Resort Current Events.
|Upcoming MiceChat Events
- August 20th – La Mirada Symphony Golden Clef Awards Show. We have a special discount for our loyal MIceChatters! Use code “MICECHAT” when purchasing online or over the phone and receive an 10% discount on tickets. Visit: http://lamiradatheatre.com/goldenclefawardsgala/ to purchase tickets for this very special event!
- September 3rd – An Evening with Terri Hardin at the Anabella Hotel’s Tangerine Bar and Patio. Join us for cocktail and drink specials and some amazing inspiration from former Disney Imagineer and runDisney fangirl, Terri Hardin. The event will take place from 6pm until 7pm at the Tangerine Grill & Patio. The event is in celebration of the big runDisney event that weekend. But whether you are racing or not, come join us for drinks with Terri! There’s also an exclusive hotel rate and perks for MiceChatter for that weekend – MiceChat Runners Deal at the Anabella Hotel
- October 1st – MiceChat Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween Haunt Event. Join us in the fog for a night of spooky treats and VIP experiences. For one low price, you’ll get a chicken dinner, early entry into the event, tours, meet and greets with Knott’s creatives, front of line for the mazes, VIP seating for shows, and a night of fun with your mice pals at the haunt which started it all. We have a VERY limited number of tickets available this year, get your name on the list HERE so you don’t miss out.
- October 10th – Mickey’s Halloween Party @ Disneyland – Join the MiceChatters for a not so scary Halloween event on Monday October 10th. Please buy your own tickets directly from Disney. Then sign up for our event list HERE to be notified about event meeting times and locations. It promises to be a night filled with candy, friendship and fireworks!
- November 3rd and 4th – New York Meet-ups and events. The MiceChatters invade NYC in November before their New York to Puerto Rico cruise. We’ll be seeing Aladdin and Cirque Du Soleil Paramour as well as taking a city tour. If you are interested in any or all of these activities, please contact [email protected] for more information.
Dateline Disney World – Hollywood Studios News and Photos
Welcome back to Dateline Disney World! This week, we’re heading into Disney’s Hollywood Studios to see what’s happening in the park. Quiet on the set . . .
Plus, don’t miss these other featured MiceChat columns!
- Howl-O-Scream “Evil Encore” at Busch Gardens Tampa Details
- Fab News: WDW Security Stops Armed Man
- Yesterland: Mission Tortilla Factory
- Star Wars News: NEW ROGUE ONE TRAILER and Star Wars Land Construction
- Lumination Colors The Night At Gilroy Gardens
- Disneyland Paris Revival-ish
- National Roller Coaster Day – What’s The Best Disney Coaster?
|Word from Our Sponsor!|
|The RoundUp Crew Thanks you!|
|The MiceEars Crew puts a lot of time and effort into making the Disney News Round-Up happen. Our thanks to: Editor CV-DisneyFan and the MiceEars Crew: Aladdin, TrekkieDad, DLandFansAZ, RJH76 and Dustysage.
If you have questions for our Editor or our MiceEars Disney News crew they can be e-mailed at: [email protected] !