|Welcome to the MiceChat News Round Up!|
|With only a couple weeks left in Disneyland’s Diamond celebration, it’s your last chance to enjoy all the 60th anniversary spectaculars and entertainment.With these offerings “ glowing away”, Disney recently announced the return of the classic “Main Street Electrical Parade” next spring. Are you excited for this Disneyland classic to return? Sad to see the 60th additions go away?The RoundUp has the latest news and features from around Disneyland and beyond!|
MiceChat Cocktail Party at Anabella’s Tangerine, September 3rd
– Featuring former Imagineer TERRI HARDIN
Saturday evening, September 3rd, join us for cocktail and drink specials and some amazing inspiration from former Disney Imagineer and runDisney fangirl, Terri Hardin. The event will take place from 6pm until 7pm at the Tangerine Grill & Patio. Whether you are racing or not, come join us for drinks with Terri!
- An exclusive MiceChat Runners’ Special Rate for Labor Day Weekend Only is available to all MiceChatters (even if you aren’t racing)… and Only at The Anabella. Get a great deal and late checkout, so you can relax and use the hot tub after the race. You won’t find a better deal anywhere else! Ask for the Mice Chat Runners Deal
MiceChat Halloween Haunt
Our 10th anniversary Knott’s Berry Farm Halloween Haunt event is on October 1st this year. Get an amazing all-you-can-eat BOO-ffet, pre-scare walk-through of a maze, meet the designers, early entry into Haunt, VIP front of line access, VIP seating for the Elvira show. It’s a full night of food, friendship and frightful fun. Get your tickets HERE while they are still available.
|This Week’s Top Stories|
Disneyland Photo Update: Summer is out, Halloween is in
It’s hard to believe but summer is coming to a rapid end. In this week’s Update we’ll show you what’s going on with current projects, events and fun stuff at the Disneyland Resort in California! The change of seasons is in the air. SoCal school children are on their way back to classes. Southern California Annual Passports are unblocked beginning today (after having been locked out for most of the summer). Haunted Mansion closed today so Jack Skellington can wreck the halls in the beloved annual overlay. And construction projects are taking place all over the resort.
|All Things Disneyland!|
We get a review of the Frozen show in the Hyperion theater from one of the movies biggest fans. Also, some family home movies include a surprise, that was only recently discovered. ~ Aladdin
A teaser Trip Report
Capt Hook sees the Frozen show in the Hyperion Theater for the first time. Here is his review!
Steve Martin identifies himself in my family’s home Disneyland footage
loungefly97 had shared some family home movies from trips to Disneyland in the 1950’s, and recently found out that Steve Martin appears in one of them!
Matt meets the Imagineers, Tour of Walt’s LA, and some Phoenix History.
For those looking for immediate Disney gratification, you’ll have to bear with me. First off, I’ve got a few stops to make. You’ll get a brief lesson in Phoenix History tied to LA to boot…
|Upcoming MiceChat Events|
- September 3rd – An Evening with Terri Hardin at the Anabella Hotel’s Tangerine Bar and Patio. Join us for cocktail and drink specials and some amazing inspiration from former Disney Imagineer and runDisney fangirl, Terri Hardin. The event will take place from 6pm until 7pm at the Tangerine Grill & Patio. The event is in celebration of the big runDisney event that weekend. But whether you are racing or not, come join us for drinks with Terri! There’s also an exclusive hotel rate and perks for MiceChatter for that weekend – MiceChat Runners Deal at the Anabella Hotel
- October 1st – MiceChat Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween Haunt Event. Join us in the fog for a night of spooky treats and VIP experiences. For one low price, you’ll get a chicken dinner, early entry into the event, tours, meet and greets with Knott’s creatives, front of line for the mazes, VIP seating for shows, and a night of fun with your mice pals at the haunt which started it all. We have a VERY limited number of tickets available this year, get your name on the list HERE so you don’t miss out.
- October 10th – Mickey’s Halloween Party @ Disneyland – Join the MiceChatters for a not so scary Halloween event on Monday October 10th. Please buy your own tickets directly from Disney. Then sign up for our event list HERE to be notified about event meeting times and locations. It promises to be a night filled with candy, friendship and fireworks!
- November 3rd and 4th – New York Meet-ups and events. The MiceChatters invade NYC in November before their New York to Puerto Rico cruise. We’ll be seeing Aladdin and Cirque Du Soleil Paramour as well as taking a city tour. If you are interested in any or all of these activities, please contact [email protected] for more information.
|Rumors & Armchair Imagineering|
There are no fewer than three threads started on the rumored replacement of the Peter Pan sequence with Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland’s Fantasmic ~ Trekkie Dad
- Fantasmic 2.0 Goodbye Peter Pan
- Jack Sparrow to replace Peter Pan in Fantasmic
- Fantasmic Improvements and Pirates
Costco to sell DCA Only APs!
Would you buy an annual pass that for admission to Disney California Adventure and not to Disneyland?
Marvel Land Layout
MicaBrink starts a discussion about Disney California Adventure’s proposed Marvel Land with a possible layout.
Put Monsters inc Laugh Floor in Stage 17
If Disney California Adventure’s Monsters Inc ride is not going away soon, TAYLORHOUD proposes bringing the Laugh Floor to Stage 17.
Main Street Electrical Parade: Dreamlights!
SoraFan thinks the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland could use some enhancements.
|Walt Disney World Resorts|
This week we find Aerosmith altered, banners posing as flags, a video trip report and more. – DLandFansAZ
The Shocker: WDW Digitally Alters Steven Tyler in Rock n’ Rollercoaster
PlutoHasFleas has, sorry for the pun, pointed out that Steven Tyler has been given the finger on Rock n’ Rollercoaster.
Occasional Vlog, Walt Disney World adventure
After a 14-month countdown, Occasional Vlog brings us a great video trip report or their Walt Disney World adventure.
Is This True?
PlutoHasFleas has posted an interesting question about the flags on Main Street for our sleuths to investigate.
Things To Do Outside the Parks
For those visiting, EpicOswald has asked for ideas for things to do outside the theme parks and our MiceChatters don’t disappoint.
|Other Themeparks & More!|
Read the interesting news and a review of some other California attractions. ~ Trekkie Dad
Knott’s Soak City is expanding!
moregumboplease thinks the new slides planned look pretty cool.
Great America to convert Vortex to floorless Patriot
The northern California theme park will reopen the coaster in 2017 with a new name and design.
The San Francisco Dungeon is (surprisingly) excellent!
jcruise86 has a short but positive review of this tourist attraction at Fisherman’s Wharf.
|Podcasts & Videos|
MiceChat Podcast: Disney Attractions Dropping Out and Dropping In: Fireworks, parades, dazzling rides with cutting-edge technology. . . all of these things help make the Disney Parks experience irresistible. So it comes as no shock that theme park fans are up in arms when any of those elements are threatened. Today’s update brings conversation about the loss of Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure, the cancellation of three Diamond Anniversary spectaculars at the Disneyland Resort, and lots of talk about why this is so shocking. Plus, we’ll take a look at new theme park attractions on the way and what fans should be excited about in the future. Gossip, Drama, ACTION!
Mousetalgia: It’s never to early to start planning for Halloween as far as Disneyland is concerned, so Team Mousetalgia gets the ball rolling with some Disneyland Resort updates. Mickey’s Halloween Party tickets are on sale and premium dates are just starting to sell out, and the resort announced a special “Trick or Tea” tea party and a revamped and sure-to-surprise “Happiest Haunts” tour. To help you prep for the season, Mousetalgia welcomes cosplay expert Rose Ivy from ER Collective to the show to help navigate the waters between Disney Bounding, Halloween costumes and cosplay, and Rose gives us some stories from her experiences in the field. Also, we conclude our reporting on the Disney Store’s “Ghost Post,” and we describe the final in-park elements of the unique experience.
The Sweep Spot: In this episode we talk about the different stores over the years in Tomorrowland. This is an interesting look into what used to be in Tomorrowland. Plus we have the latest in Disneyland Resort Current Events, with guests from Mouse Scouts Podcast.
Star Wars News: Trailers, Cantinas and Disneyland Star Wars Land Construction
This week we’re going to take a look at the reactions to the new Rogue One trailer, take a look inside the editing bay for Episode VIII and see what exactly is going on with those I-beams.
Plus, don’t miss these other featured MiceChat columns!
- Celebrating National Rollercoaster Day with the Coaster Crusade at Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando
- Theme Park Princess – A Parody Video from Fake Theme Park
- Yesterland: Antique Auto Ride at Knott’s Berry Farm
- Fab News: MiceChat Knott’s Haunt Event, Destination D & SOS
- Magic Kingdom News and Photos
|Word from Our Sponsor!|
|The RoundUp Crew Thanks you!|
|The MiceEars Crew puts a lot of time and effort into making the Disney News Round-Up happen. Our thanks to: Editor CV-DisneyFan and the MiceEars Crew: Aladdin, TrekkieDad, DLandFansAZ, RJH76 and Dustysage.
If you have questions for our Editor or our MiceEars Disney News crew they can be e-mailed at: [email protected] !