|Welcome to the MiceChat news Round-up!|
The Magic Kingdom in Orlando, Florida opened its gates to the general public this coming weekend in 1971. Though the official dedication wouldn’t happen until the end of October, almost 10,000 visitors were there opening day to see what new magic the Disney team had created. Happy 45th Birthday Magic Kingdom!
Today’s Disney News Round Up is filled with Halloween tricks and treats in the parks.
MiceChat Halloween Haunt
Our 10th anniversary Knott’s Berry Farm Halloween Haunt event is on October 1st this year. Get an amazing all-you-can-eat BOO-ffet, pre-scare walk-through of a maze, meet the designers, early entry into Haunt, VIP front of line access, VIP seating for the Elvira show. It’s a full night of food, friendship and frightful fun. This is your last chance to secure your spot. Get your tickets HERE while they are still available.
|This Week’s Top Stories|
Disneyand Photo Update – Drop into the Season
Disneyland Resort has fallen into the leaf pile of Autumn as Mickey’s Halloween Party launches and Tower of Terror drops a few key details. There’s quite a bit to show you this week. Be sure to read all the way through to the end for photos of Mickey’s Halloween Party.
It’s back! . . . .
Anabella Hotel’s MiceChat discount has returned. Whether you need a room after Mickey’s Halloween Party or are planning your upcoming Disneyland vacation, the Anabella Hotel offers great MiceChat exclusive rates. Call reservations at 800.863.4888 and ask for the MiceChat rate for a minimum 20% discount (Pending availability).
|All Things Disneyland!|
Permanent security screening on entrance to parks?
Poll has been started to see what people would like to see happen to the permanent “Temporary” security checks that have been in place since 2001.
8 Rides in 3 Hours!
DL Lover in LA posted a fun little trip report trying to do as many rides in three hours!
Return of the Southern California AP
This AP is set to return again! What are your feelings on this overly used AP for California ?
Hyperspace IS coming back y’all.
Looks like Hypersace is going to be back after the Halloween time is over, possibility of it even being permanent till StarWars Land opens?
|Upcoming MiceChat Events|
- October 1st – MiceChat Knott’s Scary Farm Halloween Haunt Event. Join us in the fog for a night of spooky treats and VIP experiences. For one low price, you’ll get a chicken dinner, early entry into the event, tours, meet and greets with Knott’s creatives, front of line for the mazes, VIP seating for shows, and a night of fun with your mice pals at the haunt which started it all. We have a VERY limited number of tickets available this year, get your name on the list HERE so you don’t miss out.
- October 10th – Mickey’s Halloween Party @ Disneyland – Join the MiceChatters for a not so scary Halloween event on Monday October 10th. Please buy your own tickets directly from Disney. Then sign up for our event list HERE to be notified about event meeting times and locations. It promises to be a night filled with candy, friendship and fireworks!
- November 3rd and 4th – New York Meet-ups and events. The MiceChatters invade NYC in November before their New York to Puerto Rico cruise. We’ll be seeing Aladdin and Cirque Du Soleil Paramour as well as taking a city tour. If you are interested in any or all of these activities, please contact [email protected] for more information.
|Walt Disney World Resorts|
Stitch’s Great Escape to become Seasonal
Stitch has called the Magic Kingdom home for roughly 10 years but will be moving to “seasonal operation” when the public demands.
|Other Themeparks & More!|
Can virtual reality improve a Disney ride? See below. ~ Trekkie Dad
Goofy’s Sky School
mickEblu thinks adding virtual reality to this California Adventure ride would be a marked improvement.
I’m guessing nobody will be too surprised if/when this actually happens…
While it may still be a blue sky concept, is Disney Parks and Resorts planning to blackout annual passes when new attractions open?
|Podcasts & Videos|
MiceChat Podcast: Disney Attractions Dropping Out and Dropping In: Fireworks, parades, dazzling rides with cutting-edge technology. . . all of these things help make the Disney Parks experience irresistible. So it comes as no shock that theme park fans are up in arms when any of those elements are threatened. Today’s update brings conversation about the loss of Tower of Terror at Disney California Adventure, the cancellation of three Diamond Anniversary spectaculars at the Disneyland Resort, and lots of talk about why this is so shocking. Plus, we’ll take a look at new theme park attractions on the way and what fans should be excited about in the future. Gossip, Drama, ACTION!
Mousetalgia: Join Team Mousetalgia for an Emporium of spooktacular stories! First, special guest Katelynn Burmark joins us this week to talk all about Disneyland’s Halloween Parties, sharing tips, tricks and tales from her experiences having attended the party every year since they began in 2007. Next, Jeff visits LACMA’s exhibition “At Home With Monsters,” Guillermo del Toro’s collection of horror-related artifacts, which includes a controversial Marc Davis Haunted Mansion changing portrait. Then, Jeff visits “Kevin and Jody: A Retrospective” show and sale at Pop! Comics. Finally, in a special segment, we investigate a mystery involving Disney’s latest coffee table tome: “The Walt Disney Studios – A Lot to Remember” is recalled from online sellers and pulled off the shelves – but why? Bonus feature: Kristen calls in a report from D23′s Seattle 25th anniversary screening of Beauty and the Beast, which featured comments from Beauty herself, Paige O’Hara. Plus listener email, more Mickey’s Halloween Party Q & A – and more.
The Sweep Spot: In this episode we welcome Disney Author and Historian Jim Korkis to our show to help us go on a Tour of Disneyland in the year 1956. This is a wonderful journey that your sure to love and learn much from. Plus our latest in the Current Events.
Plus, don’t miss these other featured MiceChat columns!
- Fab News: Sketchy Concepts and Naughty Names
- Garner Holt on the Big and Little Screens
- Star Wars News: AP’s Blacked Out For Star Wars Land?
- A Stroll Through The Park – The Importance Of Disneyland
- Dateline Universal Orlando – Halloween Horror Nights 26
- Disneyand Photo Update – Drop into the Season
|Word from our Sponsor|
|The Round-Up crew Thanks you!|
The MiceEars Crew puts a lot of time and effort into making the Disney News Round-Up happen. Our thanks to: Editor CV-DisneyFan and the MiceEars Crew: Aladdin, TrekkieDad, DLandFansAZ, RJH76 and Dustysage.
If you have questions for our Editor or our MiceEars Disney News crew they can be e-mailed at: [email protected] !