Not only have Adventures by Disney river cruises been so successful that they have prompted more departure dates to be added for 2017, now an adults-only, food and wine one is coming, charted on AmaWaterways.
On October 21, 2017, the new AmaKristina will depart on an itinerary crafted in collaboration with Disney Culinary Director John State and Master Sommelier Brian Koziol along the Rhine River in Europe. The eight-day, seven-night voyage will depart Basel, Switzerland; sailing through Switzerland, France, Germany and the Netherlands and following the success of their other events such as the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
“At Adventures by Disney we’ve had an incredibly successful first season of European river cruise vacations,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “For 2017 we dreamt even bigger, expanding our offerings to include not only our already popular Danube sailings, but also exciting new experiences along the Rhine River. By adding this new food and wine themed sailing we’re able to give our adult guests an even more customized way to travel with us, and the line-up of experiences we’ve planned for this epicurean adventure allow us to showcase the rich culinary stories of this region in a luxuriously delicious way.”
Itinerary highlights onboard and off, according to Adventures by Disney, include the following:
- Learn about wine tasting and blending during vineyard tours and onboard seminars hosted by Brian Koziol, one of only 230 Master Sommeliers in the world.
- Share in the history and culinary mastery of the authentic dishes of Europe during intimate gourmet demonstrations and workshops with John State, culinary director for the Disneyland Resort.
- Stroll through charming Riquewihr, France on a guided walking tour that incorporates local gastronomic delights, including sausages and French macarons.
- Discover the art of the Strasbourg specialty, tart flambé, during an interactive class, complete with local beer and Alsatian wine pairings.
- Get hands-on during a French patisserie class in Strasbourg.
- Explore German vineyards and visit festive pubs while sampling the hearty cuisine of the Alsace region.
- Tour the Heineken Factory, savor a special caramel waffle demonstration and learn how to blend craft cocktails during a private workshop in Amsterdam.
This voyage is now just one of 15 scheduled in 2017 in partnership between Adventures by Disney and AmaWaterways, including, of course, the brands’ signature family-friendly river cruises.
“AmaWaterways is thrilled to expand our relationship with Adventures by Disney and present additional options for family and adult travelers that are looking for a unique way to explore Europe,” said Kristin Karst, co-owner and executive vice president of AmaWaterways. “Sailing aboard the exquisite AmaKristina, guests will enjoy flavorful dishes, perfectly paired wines and beautiful ports of call, while completely immersing themselves in the culture of a destination. October is also a fascinating time to cruise, as fall colors appear and the vineyards turn brilliant shades of yellow, orange and red. The food and wine sailing will truly be a magical experience for all!”
Reservations for the Adventures by Disney Rhine Food & Wine River Cruise are now available. For more details and to book, call 1-800-543-0865 or contact a travel agent (MiceChat has a great one – FairyGodmotherTravel)