Happy holidays to all of my Fabanistas and all of the other MiceChatters out there. I’ve been away for a few weeks because my mom had a stroke. Is it just me or has 2016 been an especially trying year? Thank goodness we have so many good things to balance the awful things, and while below you’ll find a list of gifts and experiences that you can visit or wrap up, the most Fabulous Things seem to always be those people that love and care about us, that we are grateful for every day. Look in the mirror, please, you’ll see someone I’m grateful for.
And now, on to the Holiday Shopping Carnage (truly, this sentimental gal’s favorite part of the Holiday season!)
Fabulous News, Fabulous Things
This year, we are including some audience participation! Just tell me what on the list you’d like to give or receive, and remember, this is part 2. We did all the videos in part 1. For THIS one, however, there’s an extremely nice surprise. On December 24 at 5PM, I will assign all commenters for both this post and the other Fabulous Things post a number. I’ll then run it through random.org’s random number generator, and the winner will receive the online version of “look under your seat”. (Do not do this while driving.), a collection of some of the Fabulous Things from the list including artwork, collectibles, an attraction ticket or two and more, courtesy of Fairy Godmother Travel, Winchester Mystery House, Main Street Art Corner, Toddland, Baby Tattoo, and some other great folks.
Remember when, last post or so, long, long ago, we talked about FuelRod stations popping up in the parks? Well, you don’t have to buy them there – they can actually cost less if you buy them elsewhere. There aren’t a lot of public machines out yet, but you can buy them online: FuelRod “Power Ready to Go” Mobile Device Charge Kits Perfect Gift for Holiday Travelers – get your FuelRod this way, and it’s $12 less than buying it in the park!
And here’s a Fabulous Thing: use Promo Code JINGLE for a $2.00 Discount
JINGLE promo is effective through January 3, 2017. At any U.S. FuelRod kiosk, users enter the code JINGLE on the kiosk touchscreen and the discount will be applied to the purchase of the FuelRod charging kit. Travelers can find the FuelRod SwapBox kiosks at a growing number of airports in the U.S. and Europe. Airport locations in the U.S. include ABE, ATL, BWI, CLE, CMH, CVG, GSP, HOU, IAH, KCI, LAS, MEM, MSP, PHL, PIT, OAK, RNO, SAN, SAT, SMF with the most recent locations at BOS and SYR.
Tickets to see Rogue One at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood
Or any Disney movie at the “home theater” – it’s gorgeously elegant, it’s company-owned, so they’ll always get the coolest stuff….don’t believe me? Does your local theater do THIS:
Plus, there are costumes, art, and specially-created for the exhibit models downstairs:
And here’s my favorite Rogue One-related ad. It’s from Global Telecom in the Philippines as part of their #CreateCourage campaign.
Faux Paws, Mistletoes Socks, Cats’ Pajamas and Manly Maple Syrup
So warm, so fuzzy, so filling me with flashbacks of those weird, weird nights as an extra on that Country Bears Movie…they are Toddland Faux Paws, and they are on SALE! Discounted 8,324%
These Mistletoes Socks are not just comfy (I’ve been stealing Alice’s Toddland socks for almost five years now!) But they carry an uplifting message of hope and joy, right there on the Little Piggies.
The Cat’s Pajamas are…well…go read the description. Dead dove. Do not eat.
Pretty much everything on the Toddland site is cool, rad and/or funny. Alice says they make the most comfortable underwear on earth. I wouldn’t know, because I draw the line at stealing her socks. But I do know one thing: you have to respect a man who has his own maple syrup.
THE WILD LIFE
Embark on a tropical misadventure with a group of quirky animals and their human castaway, Robinson Crusoe. When savage cats invade their paradise, Robinson and the island’s animals team up to defend themselves and their home in this fun-filled movie. The Wild Life home entertainment special features include a behind-the-scenes featurette looking at the making of the film, an introduction to the characters, a Wild Life music video, and a short “Tips for Your Trip” featurette for viewers to successfully prepare for their next trip to the islands. Available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD.
ALPHA & OMEGA: THE BIG FUREEZE
Experience the all-new installment when Alpha and Omega: The Big Fureeze arrives. Wolf pups Stinky, Claudette, and Runt are taking on a blizzard to rescue their lost parents before the holidays in this unforgettable adventure! The Alpha and Omega: The Big Fureeze DVD features two never-before-seen deleted scenes as well..
Beyond Science Fiction: The Alternative Realism of Michael Whelan
Another chronicle in Baby Tattoo’s Carnival of Astounding Art, this book takes a look at the truly astounding work of underappreciated artist Michael Whelan. Whom?
If you’re a fan of books like Stephen King’s The Dark Tower:
Or a couple of Meat Loaf’s album covers. Or the Jacksons’! Believe me, you’ve seen his work. It’s out of this world. Literally. It’s pretty much what every art director anywhere bases sci/fi fantasy on; he’s been doing this since I had baby teeth. Of my own.
Even better: this project is a Kickstarter, which means that not only are you helping to fund it, but you also get a nice Kickstarter Kickback as well. See the campaign info page for more details. Best news of all: this baby was fully funded in under 45 minutes, so everything you put in is gravy and lots of it. And it’s a delicious way to give back to an unsung icon of 20th and 21st century American culture, and if you look up his vast body of work, you will understand what I’m talking about.
I took part, if you remember me writing about it, in their Beauties and Beasts Carnival of Astonishing Art book, and it’s glooooooorious!
Messages from Beyond!
I’ll let Sarah Winchester tell you about this one:
Tickets to the D23 EXPO 2017
You can still buy early-bird tickets here! You don’t have to drive to the mall, you don’t have to ship them anywhere, and you know I’ll…I mean, your favorite Disney fan (even if that’s YOU), will love it!
Adventures by Disney with Fairy Godmother Travel
- • Alaska: Denali National Park and Preserve, Anchorage, Kenai Peninsula
- • Arizona and Utah: Grand Canyon National Park, Arches National Park, Moab
- • Montana: Yellowstone National Park, Big Sky
- • Montana and Alberta, Canada: Glacier National Park, Lake Louise, Banff National Park
- • New York City Long Weekend: Broadway, Times Square, Tribeca, Harlem
- • San Francisco Long Weekend: Fisherman’s Wharf, Napa Valley, Muir Woods, The Presidio, Angel Island
- • Southern California: Disney Backstage, Hollywood, Disneyland® Resort
- • Washington D.C. and Philadelphia: Philadelphia, Gettysburg and Washington D.C
- • Wyoming: Jackson Hole, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, Brooks Lake
- • Winter in Wyoming: Jackson Hole, Yellowstone National Park
- • Amsterdam Rhine River Cruise Extension: Amsterdam
- • Austria, Germany, Czech Republic: Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Bavarian Alps
- • Danube River Cruise: Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary
- • England and France: London, Windsor, Paris, Versailles
- • France: Paris, Normandy
- • Germany: Heidelberg, Alsfeld, Waldeck, Rothenburg, Munich
- • Greece: Athens, Delphi, Santorini, Crete
- • Holiday Danube River Cruise: Germany, Austria, Hungary
- • Holiday Rhine River Cruise: Amsterdam, Cologne, Rüdesheim, Speyer, Strasbourg, Breisach, Basel-St. Johan
- • Ireland: Dublin, Killarney, Blarney, Dromoland Castle
- • Italy: Rome, Tuscany, Florence, Venice
- • Italy and Amalfi Coast: Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi, Capri, Naples, Florence, Tuscany, Lucca, Pisa, Siena
- • Italy and Switzerland: Lake Como, Zermatt, Lucerne, the Alps
- • Norway: Bergen, Flåm, Geiranger, Oslo • Prague Danube River Cruise Extension: Czech Republic
- • Rhine River Cruise: Basel, Strasbourg, Speyer, Rüdesheim, Cologne, Amsterdam
- • Scotland: A Brave Adventure: Edinburgh, Inverness, Loch Ness, Isle of Skye
- • Spain: Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Marbella
CENTRAL AND SOUTH AMERICA
- • Costa Rica: Tortuguero National Park, Guanacaste, Arenal Volcano National Park, San José
- • Ecuador: Amazon and Galápagos Islands: Quito, Napo River, Galápagos Islands, Guayaquil
- • Ecuador and Galápagos Islands: Quito, Otavalo Valley, Guayaquil
- • Peru: Machu Picchu, Lima, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Cusco
ASIA, AFRICA AND AUSTRALIA
- • Australia: Sydney, Ayers Rock, Palm Cove, Great Barrier Reef, Gold Coast
- • Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos: Saigon, Hoi An, Hanoi, Luang Prabang, Angkor Wat
- • China: Beijing, Chengdu, Xi’an, Guilin, Shanghai, Hong Kong
- • South Africa: Cape Town, Knysna, Kapama Game Reserve
UNIQUE OFFERINGS YEAR-ROUND Adult Exclusive Departures Designed for adults, these itineraries are the perfect way for guests to celebrate an anniversary, birthday or other special occasion. Long Weekend Trips Whether it’s a trip to the City by the Bay, the Big Apple or Old Faithful, these getaways are the perfect route to explore new sights or see a new side of a favorite vacation spot. From a Broadway rehearsal studio to a private tour of the Walt Disney Family Museum, Adventures by Disney gives you and your family one-of-a-kind travel experiences. Partnership with Disney Cruise Line Guests sailing in the Mediterranean, Baltic or Scandinavia with Disney Cruise Line can enhance their voyage with all-inclusive group guided port experiences from Adventures by Disney. Highlights include specially created onshore activities and unique experiences designed to immerse guests in the local culture, private receptions and special events hosted onboard throughout the sailing, and fun activities for children created to spark their imagination and engage their natural curiosity.
Of course, there’s always those Star Wars Day at Sea Disney Cruises, too. Just sayin’. To learn more and to book any of the above adventures, go to FairyGodmotherTravel.com There are even special MiceChat trips!
Main Street Art Corner Disney Fantasia Frost Fairy “Wintry Wonder” Limited Edition Giclée Print
Hello, gorgeous! This lovely print by Main Street Art Corner artist Michael Levey is entitled “Wintry Wonder” and was inspired by the 1940 Disney animated classic Fantasia. This special print is only available as a limited edition of 250 for the 2016 holiday season. Arrives with a Main Street Art Corner Certificate of Authenticity signed by the artist. Arrives with a Main Street Art Corner Certificate of Authenticity signed by the artist. Frame not included.
I own a Fantasyland Skyway Chalet Mural from MSAC, and I have to tell you, it’s absolutely gorgeous. The quality is extremely high, and both the artist and craftsman are to be complimented. This is a piece you’ll want to keep out all year and pass on to the next generation.
So…I think that’s everything. It’s 6AM and I’ve been writing this all night, so if I left you out, please let me know and I’ll get you in. It’s certainly not too late!
If you are thinking of buying or selling Disney Vacation Club points and you want to save money, go to the DVC Pros at DVCResaleMarket.com. Nick Cotton and his team have over 75 years of experience buying and selling DVC points both inside and outside Disney, and have sold hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of points. They have a long roster of happy clients who return to buy and sell later and refer others. If you want to make a purchase, make a sale, or simply learn about how it all works from their information-packed website, go to DVCResaleMarket.com
If you want to reach me I’m on Twitter, on Facebook and also available at [email protected]
If you’d like to support Fab News, I’d appreciate it. You can pledge a dollar or more a month through Patreon. Just click on the link or the banner below. Thanks!
FTC-Mandated Disclosure: Sponsorship for this edition of Fab News was provided by DVC Resale Market.