Hello, and welcome to Dateline Disney World! This week, we are heading to Animal Kingdom for a nice surprise and some updates. Avatar approaches!
The World of Pandora
Walls have shifted and we are able to get a glimpse of the detail and work going into the project from a guests view!
The Tree of Life
Its been almost four years since nets went up and trails closed, now we can finally walk around the tree of life again!
Now off to Asia to see a Yeti about a missing Santa Hat.
The Harambe Market was closed early the day I visited, which is odd for being peak visitor season for Walt Disney World.
Rivers of Light
Rivers of Light had its first Cast Member preview…. seven months after its original planned opening date of 4/22/2016. It’s been seven long months of waiting.
Most of the consensus has said that it is not been the best nor the worst show, most say the technology is amazing but the show lacks that “Wow” moment that has been something Disney is great creating.
For any of our readers that have actually seen the show, what are your thoughts?
This fantastic ride has returned after a multi-month refurbishment that was delayed from its original return date mid-October. Overall it looks great and received some much needed TLC.
More News From Disney World
With Christmas and the Holiday Season celebration in full swing this week, I’d like to take a minute to remind you of some new offerings around the resort both in and outside the theme parks.
- The Magic Kingdom recently unveiled “Once Upon A Time” a new nighttime projection show. The new show is an adventure through some of your favorite Disney moments, with Mrs Potts and Chip from “ Beauty and the Beast” as your hosts.
- Disney Hollywood Studios has a new evening event this Holiday season. “Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam.” This new Holiday spectacular will showcase projections, special effects, fireworks and classic Christmas songs.
- Not to be outdone, Disney Springs is hosting several new events scheduled to run thru the end of the year.
- “Starbright Holidays” is performed nightly above the West Side of the Disney Springs water front. Running at both 7pm and 830pm, this one of a kind spectacle features classic Holiday songs and an innovative use of drone technology to create a special Holiday experience for all.
- Disney Springs Christmas Tree trail located at The Marketplace plays host to fifteen different Christmas trees, each focusing on a favorite Disney Character or Movie Moment. You’ll discover a light dusting of “snow” and enjoy beloved Christmas songs.
- And this is your last chance to visit Santa before the big day! There is a special Chalet located in The Marketplace featuring the jolly old man! Pagers are available to hold your place in line as this continues to be a popular photo opportunity.
That does it for this week! Are you excited to see the trails around the Tree of Life open once again? How about Dinosaur’s extensive refurb? Looking forward to Rivers of Light and Avatar? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!
If you appreciate what we do here and would like to support Dateline Disney World, you can shop at Amazon.com using my link (please CLICK HERE before you do). It won’t cost you any extra, and it’ll help out the column!!