It’s been quite a while since my last “You’ve Got To Be Kidding” post. I want you to know that I’ve got a lot of really good excuses, and I was prepared to share each and every one of them with you. However, this reminded me that we need to add a little Disney magic to all aspects of our lives. So, instead, allow me to provide a list of Disney-inspired reasons for being late for anything.
- I was waiting for Rivers of Light to premiere.
- I’ve been working on my unsuccessful campaign to replace Bob Iger as Disney CEO.
- My screensaver kept popping up with “Sorry, we’re closed to imagineer a brand new attraction.”
- I was standing in line for the latest update to Disney Infinity. What? Never mind.
- I had just ridden Small World and every time I sat at the keyboard all I could type was “All work and no play makes a small world after all, a world of laughter, a world of tears, a world of hope and a world of…” ARGHHH!! There it goes again!
- I was told I should remain in my vehicle.
- I needed to do just one more update to my park in Disney Magic Kingdoms.
- I was working on Chapter 36 of my soon-to-be-released book Why I Hate “Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!” Before I Even See It.
- I’ve been waiting by my mailbox for my one-time offer of a free membership to Club 33.
- I was practicing for the Gumball Rally.
- I was buying up annual passes before the price went up again.
- I was trying out Pixar’s production approach – develop a concept, write, rewrite, rewrite, throw it out and start over, write, rewrite, rewrite, rewrite, rewrite, just do a sequel.
- I was waiting to get into Trader Sam’s.
- I didn’t manténgase alehado de las puertas
- I just saw the new colors being used on Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! and I’m too depressed to do anything.
And, with that, I promise to provide more consistent content in the future. In fact, for my next piece I plan to…Wait! Is that a Gravity Falls marathon? I’ll be right back. In the meantime, what are your best Disney-related excuses?