|The Last Jedi is Coming Home|
It’s been a great week to be a Star Wars Fan. The Last Jedi has a Coming Home Date. Dates. Multiple, because who buys just one format anymore? Plus, there’s the first of the in-home trailers, and that means a whole bunch of podcasts, vlogs and blog postings discussing the trailers (Why does Kylo not get to say anything? What does that MEAN?) Lengthy discussion of what people think is going to happen in the deleted scenes; what they’ve heard is going to happen in the deleted scenes; what Kevin Smith’s dry cleaner swears they know is going to happen in the deleted scenes.
I love announcements of stuff coming out almost as much as I love the actual stuff coming out. Because until then, the possibilities are endless. You’re at WED Enterprises with a white sheet of paper, asking if it HAS to be a light bulb.
Here’s the 4K UHD Cover:
And here is the Blu-ray:
So, when can I take it home, Fab?
Digitally in HD or 4K UltraHD via Movies Anywhere March 13th, then, two weeks later on March 27, you can watch it on Blu-ray or 4K.
Bonus features include*:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
After seeing Andy Serkis in Black Panther, I’m DYING to see his work as Snoke without all of the technical bells and whistles. I’m betting I’ll still get the creeps and chills without the special effects makeup, as great as it was, just due to his masterful performance.
*bonus features may differ depending upon retailer
|Rebels: The Beginning of the End|
Man, it seems like yesterday that we were sitting in a ballroom at the Hilton in San Diego, getting to know the cast and creators of this incredible little show that became a cornerstone of Star Wars canon, with interesting, memorable characters, strong storytelling and adventures whose memories will last long beyond its initial run. it has a timeless quality that will ensure that even though this series is ending, I’m absolutely certain that this is not the last we’ll be seeing of the crew of The Ghost.
Next episodes, February 26:
- Wolves and a Door – Ezra learns what plans the Empire has for the Jedi Temple.
- A World Between Worlds – Inside the Temple, Ezra experiences a revelation.
|The Falcon Has Landed!~(one piece)|
The Yous and the Tubes were all abuzz this week as user Yensid 55 was able to get video of a piece of the Millennium Falcon hallway being lowered down via crane into Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. It’s not so very far away now, is it?
I want to give a shout out to M. and remind him that there are people who appreciate what his department does (and goes through) and a big May the Force be With You/May the Force Serve You Well to ALL of the Cast Members who help to bring A Galaxy Far, Far Away to the Happiest Place on Earth (or the Vacation Kingdom) for us! You’re the best!
|Thank You for Your Support!|