Happy Tuesday, everybody! Spring has sprung…a few leaks here and there; time to get out my leopard print galoshes that Noe got me from Tokyo Disneyland a few years back. Living in California gives me only a few rare opportunities to wear them, so I get to exercise the lessons a very good person named Richard taught me about living in gratitude. So don’t be sad about the rain. Get some wicked cool rubber stuff for your feet and make weird squeaky sounds on the sidewalks!
Just saw this from Dave Avanzino:
I will be back at the DCA Food & Wine Festival this weekend so come by and say hi if you’re in the Parks. I will be there Saturday and Sunday from 2-4pm. The artist area is located in the back corner of Hollywoodland past Monsters, Inc. I will also have my Custom Name And Custom Wood Ticket Book Plaque programs available.
Hope to see you there.
I definitely hope to see you there, Dave!
Like I said before, as the Food and Wine Festival draws to a close, the Pixar Food Fest takes over – and our own Dusty Sage will be covering all of the new stuff as it debuts in a few short weeks, so stay tuned to MiceChat…but MiceChatter Angie P. asked “What do we know and DON’T we know about Pixar Fest?” So, I got some info together below. I hope it helps!
There is a gorgeous, amazing, incredible art exhibit going on just a few blocks away from Disneyland, and it’s a Disney lover’s dream as well as an art lover’s. The Hilbert Museum of California Art is at Chapman University in Orange, (they have a Huell Howser collection on the campus too!) and it’s showing from now until October 13. There’s some of Eyvind’s Disney work; a cel from Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom and a scene from his most famous work Sleeping Beauty; a series of paintings he did while undergoing chemo in the nineties that looks to me like Japanese lacquer work, his tree painting from the Disney TV show about four artists painting a tree, etchings, illustrations, and so much more. But that’s not all! There’s also a gorgeous Star Wars collection there (I was very happily surprised!) and an incredible painting of Mary Blair by her husband Lee, as well as some work by the incredible Preston Blair. Here are a few photos Noe took opening night:
If you want to see the rest, the picture of Mary, or the rest of the Star Wars art, you’re going to have to go there in person. It’s worth it.
Disney and Pixar movie heroes are joining forces in a brand-new mobile game from Madison, WI bootstrapper PerBlue, Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
You’ll play as heroes from The Incredibles, Wreck-It Ralph, Pirates of the Caribbean and many more and team up together in a brand-new, original universe to save the world in wild 5 vs 5 mash-ups. DH:BM will be available on the App Store and on Google Play later this year, however…
Pre-registration on Google Play is up and running! If you pre-register NOW, you will receive a free hero of your choice at game launch. You can choose from: Mr. Incredible, Fix-It Felix, Jr., Nick Wilde, Jessie and Sulley with Boo (That’s two-for-one if I’m counting, isn’t it?) and others to be announced.
The game includes:
- A Deep Bench of Characters: Collect and transform more than thirty Disney and Pixar heroes into battle-ready forms, including The Incredibles, Frozone, Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope von Schweetz, Judy Hopps, Nick Wilde and more.
- Exciting Missions and Friend Campaigns: Team up pairs of characters to use their unique strengths to battle together in the same universe and earn exclusive bonuses.
- A Whole New Digital World: Lead your heroes through a corrupted digital world that they’re charged with saving from a malevolent virus.
- Gain Epic Abilities and Gear: Activate skills, equip gear, and level up your heroes to take on more challenging enemies.
“We’re excited to be working with some of the most recognizable characters and brands in the world and to bring them together in the new universe we’ve created,” said Justin Beck, CEO, PerBlue. “Disney and Pixar have been great collaborators that have shared our vision for creating a fun, multiplayer experience that can be enjoyed by all gamers.”
Disney Heroes: Battle Mode marks the first game developed between Disney and PerBlue since a deal was announced earlier this year with the company collaborating with leading mobile game developers PerBlue, Ludia, Glu and Gameloft to bring to market a variety of interactive experiences in different genres. More details about these games will be shared in the coming months.
For more information and to keep up with the latest updates, please visit http://www.disneyheroesgame.com/. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
On Saturday, June 23, at 11AM, you might want to be at the Disneyland Hotel’s Mark Twain Room in the Frontierland Tower. You might know him as Carl Fredrickson from “Up” or if you’re ancient like me, as Lou Grant, if you’re younger, he might look a little like Santa Claus. But if you go to the Disney Wiki, (thanks guys!) you’ll also be reminded that:
He also played Hank Cooper in Gus, Horace McNickle in the Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color episode “The Christmas Star”, Grumps in Bonkers, Georgie’s “evil voice” in Dinosaurs, Hudson, Jack Danforth, and Burbank in Gargoyles, Thaddeus T. Third V in Recess, Mentor in Hercules: The Animated Series, Fixer in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Napoleon in W.I.T.C.H., and Mr. Big in Teamo Supremo.
Joining Ed on stage is author, writer, director and producer Jeff Kurtti. After Ed and Jeff share some of Ed’s stories about his life and work, Jeff will tell us about his new book, “Travels with Walt Disney” . This long-awaited book is about exactly what the title says: A Photographic Voyage Around the World. If you liked Walt and El Grupo, you’re going to lose your mind over this. I have yet to not love anything with Jeff Kurtti’s fingerprints on it. He really knows his Disney stuff. Way more than me. But he’s cool about it. So buy his book. And then take it to this thing to get signed. Or pick one up there. Amazon is here!
There will also be a silent auction to benefit one of my very favorite places, Ryman Arts!
Pixar Fest is best described as “the biggest Pixar celebration ever to come to Disney Parks”. It will take place from April 13 through Sept. 3, 2018, at the Disneyland Resort and will include new attractions – in fact, a whole new “land” layover, live shows, fireworks, parades, merchandise, character greetings, even themed food – all celebrating all things Pixar.
A new fireworks show, “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular,” will debut, celebrating Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky over Disneyland, dazzling guests with pyrotechnics and memorable music as a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation and a constant theme running through this celebration.
“Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The time-honored tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear.
“Pixar Play Parade” is hopping across the Esplanade to Disneyland this spring, and it’s being led by someone (something?) new. The parade will begin just as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by the iconic and adorable Pixar Lamp. Rolling ahead of the famous lamp will be the familiar yellow Pixar Ball. Also joining the parade are characters from the beloved film, “Up.” Wilderness Explorer Russell will appear astride the colorful flightless bird, Kevin. Carl Fredricksen and Dug follow behind, amid green foliage and snipe chicks, with Carl’s tethered house floating above. “Inside Out” also joins the Parade, with Joy and Sadness perched atop colorful memory orbs as they take flight aboard Bing Bong’s rocket wagon, with Bing Bong himself cheering them on.
Also on April 13, “Paint the Night” parade returns, and this time guests will enjoy the parade’s 1.5 million, brilliant LED lights and catchy tunes at Disney California Adventure. “Paint the Night” features pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars.” In June a new, high-energy float inspired by “The Incredibles 2” will add to the fun. Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone will showcase their superhero awesomeness as they take on the Underminer. (The new movie starts exactly where the last one left off.) Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack also showcase their unique powers as shown through amazing technological wonders. Like the other elements in this spectacular parade, this new float will come to life through a series of dazzling LED lights, new music elements and high-tech, pop-art effects inspired by the mid-century-modern style of the films.
A collection of Pixar Shorts will be featured at the Sunset Showcase Theater (Former Muppets) at Disney California Adventure during most of Pixar Fest, including favorites such as “For the Birds” and “LAVA.” The short films will rotate during the celebration.
A musical troupe will entertain guests with Pixar-inspired performances in the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure. Guests may also discover opportunities to greet Pixar characters, and younger guests will enjoy crafts and an activity area.
For those who wish to get into character and celebrate friendship, an exclusive Pixar Fest charm bracelet will be part of the merchandise selection. With multiple bracelet options and a variety of charms with fun friendship messages and Pixar characters, guests can mix and match for themselves, or friends and family.
A celebration of friendship this big is only complete with beloved characters like Buzz, Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Mike and Sulley from “Monsters, Inc.,” Nemo and Dory from “Finding Nemo,” and Lightning McQueen and Mater from “Cars.” Those pals – and more – will be part of the fun at Pixar Fest.
All these exciting changes add to the existing attractions and entertainment in the parks that feature many favorite Pixar characters.
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters: In this interactive attraction, guests fire lasers to help battle Evil Emperor Zurg, who is trying to steal the batteries from helpless toys.
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage: Guests take a submarine voyage to explore the world of Nemo and his underwater friends.
- “it’s a small world”: Woody, Jessie and Bullseye from “Toy Story” are among the many toys and dolls found in this classic attraction.
- Character encounters with Pixar pals: Guests can continue to meet Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
- “Fantasmic!”: Favorite Pixar characters appear in the finale of “Fantasmic!” nightly on the Rivers of America.
At Disney California Adventure
- Cars Land: Guests step into the world of Radiator Springs with three attractions plus themed shopping and dining locations across 12 acres.
- Toy Story Mania!: Guests shrink to the size of toys and take aim at objects to score points in 4D midway-inspired carnival games hosted by the characters from the “Toy Story” films.
- “a bug’s land”: Shrinking to the size of a bug, guests experience this story through family-friendly attractions.
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!: Guests take a wild taxi ride through Monstropolis with Mike and Sulley as they search for their lost human friend, Boo.
- Turtle Talk with Crush: Crush, the sea turtle from “Finding Nemo,” interacts with guests in live, real-time, animated conversations.
- DJ’s Dance ‘n Drive: Interactive dance party in Cars Land gets guests moving to the music
10 Ways to Have Fun at Pixar Fest (From Disney)
- Watch the new “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” from all four iconic locations. The timeless stories of Pixar friends will come to life through dazzling pyrotechnics and immersive projections at four Disneyland Park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the Rivers of America, “it’s a small world” and Main Street, U.S.A. Guests who watch from all four locations will enjoy a different experience each time.
- Share a tasty snack. No Disneyland Resort celebration is complete without the limited-time food and beverage offerings – and Pixar Fest will be no exception. Guests can share a treat with a buddy, or better yet, grab a selection of treats and sample them with a group of friends or family.
- Feel the rhythm of the night during “Paint the Night” parade at Disney California Adventure Park. The popular parade makes its return when Pixar Fest begins April 13, and coming in June is a dazzling new float featuring “The Incredibles.” Guests will experience the magic of “Paint the Night” all over again when it appears for the first time at Disney California Adventure.
- Show off Pixar-inspired style. Photo opportunities can even go to infinity and beyond when guests express their Pixar style through character-inspired outfits. Guest will find photo-worthy locations such as Pixar-themed topiaries in Downtown Disney and encounters with their favorite Pixar characters throughout Disneyland and Disney California Adventure parks.
- Count down to fun with the return of “Pixar Play Parade.” This energetic parade will inspire the spirit of friendship as it makes its way through Disneyland for the first time, featuring three new parade story elements.
- *Save with the Southern California resident ticket offer. Friends and family who are Southern California residents will save up to 25 percent on select multi-day tickets when they experience Pixar Fest before May 24. Visit Disneyland.com to book and learn more.
- Catch up on the classics at the Pixar Shorts film festival. Guests will rediscover the amazing Pixar Shorts on the big screen at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure. Throughout Pixar Fest, the theater will feature rotating favorites such as “For the Birds” and “Lava”.
- Give a buddy a token of your friendship. Pixar Fest will give guests the chance to celebrate friendship with new merchandise, including an exclusive Pixar Fest charm bracelet. With multiple bracelet options and a variety of charms with fun friendship messages and favorite Pixar characters, guests can mix and match for themselves or a friend.
- Discover favorite Pixar stories at Pixar Pier. Opening June 23, Pixar Pier will be a newly transformed land at Disney California Adventure featuring four whimsical neighborhoods representing beloved Pixar stories with newly themed attractions, food and merchandise.
- Race alongside the Incredibles. Also opening June 23, the Incredicoaster will be a super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects that bring the action to life as the Parr family races alongside guests in an attempt to catch baby Jack-Jack.
*SoCal Resident Ticket Offer: Valid on 2-Day and 3-Day Disneyland Resort Theme Park tickets, and savings based on non-discounted price for the same ticket at the Disneyland Resort Main Entrance ticket booths. Valid only for Southern California residents within ZIP codes 90000-93599 and Northern Baja California residents within ZIP codes 21000-22999; proof of residency is required for purchase and admission. Tickets expire May 24, 2018 and are not valid before January 8, 2018. Blockout days of 3/23/18 – 4/8/18 apply. Each day of use constitutes one full day of use. May purchase up to 5 tickets per person per day with valid ID. Tickets may not be sold or transferred for commercial use and exclude activities/events separately priced. Offer may not be combined with other ticket discounts or promotions. Subject to capacity, restrictions and change without notice.
So…let’s take a look at Pixar Pier, and what’s going there. There will be four themed neighborhoods: Incredibles, Toy Story, Inside Out, and Pixar Characters.
The remaining areas of the original Paradise Pier – including Paradise Gardens, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumping Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephyr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – become a new land called Paradise Park.
Incredicoaster: At Pixar Pier, guests will enter Disney California Adventure’s newest land through a dazzling Pixar Pier marquee – topped with the iconic Pixar lamp later in the year. Permanently transformed from the attraction that was California Screamin’, Incredicoaster invites guests into a mid-century-modern-style loading area where they will board vehicles with a distinctive, new look. New character moments, new scenes and special effects, and an exciting musical score connect the attraction’s story to Pixar’s “The Incredibles 2,” which opens in theaters June 15, 2018.
The neighborhood inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” includes the popular Toy Story Mania! attraction and Jessie’s Critter Carousel.
Here’s a look inside Walt Disney Imagineering at the making of the model:
Another new neighborhood is inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out,” and a new “Inside Out” family-friendly attraction is scheduled to open in that neighborhood at a later date. MiceChat readers who read the Disneyland and DCA updates faithfully probably already know about this.
A fourth new neighborhood celebrates a collection of guest-favorite Pixar stories. Mickey’s Fun Wheel transforms into a newly-themed Pixar attraction, allowing guests to enjoy the beautiful sights of Pixar Pier from 24 new gondolas – each one decorated with a beloved Pixar pal. The midway games are also inspired by Pixar characters, including favorites from “A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” and “WALL·E”.
Another location opening at Pixar Pier on June 23 is the new Lamplight Lounge, a California-style gastropub. At night, outdoor seating will provide views of the illuminated Pixar Pier and “World of Color.”
Lamplight Lounge celebrates the creativity, inspirations and personalities of the artists and storytellers who have brought Pixar stories to life. Guests will discover the artistic marks that Pixar “regulars” have left throughout the lounge, including concept art, a quick sketch on a napkin, knick-knacks and collectible toys of beloved Pixar characters.
As I mentioned last time, yes, the lobster nachos are coming back. If you can’t wait, here, courtesy of the nice folks at Disneyland, is the recipe!
Lobster Nachos at the New Lamplight Lounge
Serves 8 to 10 (no)
Shells from 5 medium lobster tails
1 medium carrot, chopped
1 small celery rib, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, quartered
1 teaspoon canola oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
8 cups cold water
1 bay leaf
1/4 bunch parsley (stems only)
1 pinch red pepper flakes
3 cups canola oil (for frying)
48 (4 dozen) 6” corn tortillas
Salt in shaker
SEASONED BLACK BEANS
1 15-ounce can black beans
1 small bunch cilantro chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
PICO DE GALLO
5 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1/2 bunch cilantro tops, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1 serrano pepper, seeds removed, finely minced
1/2 pound cheddar cheese
1/2 pound Monterey jack cheese
2 large garlic cloves
Canola oil (to cover)
1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo sauce
2 roasted garlic cloves
8 ounces sour cream
3 tablespoons manufacturing cream
1 pinch ground cumin
1 pinch ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
LOBSTER CHEESE SAUCE
3 Polanco chiles, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
3 large garlic cloves
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1/4 stick butter
2 1/2 tablespoons flour
2 cups manufacturing cream
1 cup reduced lobster stock
4 ounces Oaxaca cheese, grated
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons butter
5 medium lobster tails (meat only)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 pinch black pepper
1 lime, juiced and zested (1 tablespoon juice and pinch of zest)
FOR LOBSTER STOCK:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place lobster shells, carrot, celery, onion, and garlic on baking sheet with lip; coat with canola oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned.
- Carefully remove from oven and deglaze baking sheet with white wine.
- Add baking sheet ingredients with liquid to large stockpot.
- Add water, bay leaf, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring lobster stock to boil over medium-high heat, then lower to medium low heat.
- Let stock cook slowly until stock reduces by half, 60 to 80 minutes.
- Carefully strain stock, reserving 1 cup for lobster cheese sauce.
- Set aside. (May be made 2 days in advance, cover and refrigerate.)
FOR TORTILLA CHIPS:
- Preheat frying oil to 350°F.
- While oil is heating, cut tortillas into 6 pie-shaped pieces.
- Once oil is hot, add tortillas in small batches for 2 to 4 minutes (frying times will vary).
- Remove from fryer once chips are lightly browned, lightly season with salt.
- Continue until all tortillas are fried and salted.
- Set aside. (May be made 2 days in advance; store in sealed plastic bag.)
FOR SEASONED BLACK BEANS:
- Rinse beans in colander until water runs clear.
- Place beans in medium mixing bowl, mix in remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Set aside. (May be made 2 days in advance; cover and refrigerate.)
FOR PICO DE GALLO:
- Mix all ingredients except serrano pepper in medium bowl.
- Add 1/2 serrano pepper, mix and taste; add additional serrano pepper until desired spiciness.
- Set aside. (May be made 2 days in advance; cover and refrigerate.)
FOR MIXED CHEESE:
- Grate cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses in medium bowl and toss together. Set aside. (May be made 2 days in advance; cover and refrigerate.)
FOR ROASTED GARLIC:
- Remove tips from garlic cloves.
- Add garlic to small pot and cover with canola oil.
- Gently poach garlic on medium-low heat until lightly browned and soft.
- Remove garlic and set aside for use in chipotle crema. (Save garlic oil in refrigerator for everyday cooking.)
FOR CHIPOTLE CREMA:
- Purée chipotle and roasted garlic in food processor.
- Add purée and remaining ingredients to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour crema in squeeze bottle or plastic zip bag.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. (May be made 2 days in advance; keep refrigerated.)
FOR LOBSTER CHEESE SAUCE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat Polanco peppers with 1/2 teaspoon canola oil, place on baking sheet; roast for 15 minutes.
- Lightly coat shallots and garlic with remaining 1/2 teaspoon canola oil, add to Polanco peppers baking sheet; roast for an additional 25 minutes until caramelized.
- Purée caramelized garlic, shallots, and Polanco peppers in food processor until smooth.
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- Add flour to make a roux, stirring constantly until smooth and light golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cream and bring to boil, stirring constantly; continue to stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add reserved lobster stock and Polanco pepper purée; bring to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly add Oaxaca and cheddar cheeses.
- Stir constantly until all cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Set aside; hold warm.
FOR COOKED LOBSTER:
- Ensure lobster meat is cleaned and veins removed.
- Chop lobster in large bite-size pieces.
- Heat butter in large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add lobster pieces, salt, pepper, lime juice, and zest to pan.
- Once fully cooked (145F°), remove lobster pieces with a slotted spoon.
- Set aside; hold warm.
- Preheat broiler to 500°F. Spread chips on one large or 2 medium oven-safe plates. (Use a nice baking sheet if you do not have oven safe plates.)
- Layer with black beans, lobster cheese sauce, and mixed cheddar/jack cheese, ensuring to cover all chips.
- Broil until cheese is melted, watching carefully, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Carefully remove plate/sheet, add pico de gallo; top with lobster.
- Drizzle chipotle crema and garnish with sliced serrano peppers (optional). Serve immediately.
CHEF’S NOTES: To cut down on preparation time, use restaurant-quality chips, pico de gallo and pre-shredded cheeses. But, if you have time, the homemade chips are the best!
Did this answer your questions about Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier? Did it help at all? I hope so!
AUGUST 23–25, 2019 (Fab says: IT NEEDS TO BE LONGER)
Advance Tickets on Sale August 23, 2018, for the Biggest Disney Fan Event Ever.
E3 is a shell of itself. Comic-Con is a clusterfudge. If you want to be at the epicenter of Fandom, D23 Expo has become That Place. MARVEL. Star Wars. Disney. Pixar. And now Fox. They have time to call Dick Nunis and ask him how to move all of us around between now and then. We might be able to get Sorcerer tickets in the second-and-a-half that they sell out. It’s the roll of the dice, baby. It’ll pay for itself Preview night on ebay. Hey, I’m a realist. I see it every time.
I also got to see things I never imagined I’d get to see in my entire life. I stopped on the show floor and I got to see Mark Hamill in the daily parade, and the stars of Once Upon a Time in another one of them. Oprah said to me and everyone else in the audience: “You get a poster! And you get a poster! And you get a poster!” And I got a poster! I saw Mary Poppins’ dress. I got to meet a couple of my favorite Disney voice actors. I sat on the floor and got a lesson in animation from one of the greatest living animators on earth, twice. A different one each time (Andreas Deja and Eric Goldberg). I bought my husband a gift that made him gasp. I met people whom I’m almost certain will be my friends until the day I die. I traced Walt Disney’s scratchings on his childhood school desk with my curious finger.
If you haven’t done D23 (I know, they want you to call it The D23 Expo of Wonder and Magic but everybody just calls it D23; they should just embrace the hell out of it at this point) but ANYWAY if you haven’t done D23, you SHOULD. If you have, I don’t need to tell you.
“D23 Expo 2019 will feature a massive show floor full of immersive experiences and special opportunities to see what’s next for Disney around the world—and guests may run into their favorite Disney stars, characters, Imagineers, animators, and filmmakers. Guests can enjoy numerous shopping opportunities with D23 Expo-exclusive collectibles and more at an assortment of Disney and partner merchants, including the D23 Expo Emporium, where Disney fans can buy, sell, and trade Disney collectibles, memorabilia, merchandise, and more. All of the popular presentation venues will return, including Hall D23, the Expo Arena, Stage 28, and Center Stage.”
“D23’s sixth Expo follows the success of D23 Expo 2017, which drew tens of thousands of Disney fans for three star-studded days and nights. Guests were treated to appearances by such celebrities as Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon, Whoopi Goldberg, Jordan Fisher, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Hamill, Kristen Bell, Chris Hemsworth, Mandy Moore, and the stars of Disney’s Descendants. Guests had the chance to take a jump into a life-sized DuckTales money bin; were the first to see a full-scale model of Galaxy’s Edge, the Star Wars-themed land coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts; and were able to enjoy a full-length concert from Disney Legend Alan Menken. They also enjoyed a look back at Disney’s rich history through extraordinary panels, presentations, and exhibits and discovered the newest entertainment, technology, and products coming from Disney.”
“Tickets for D23 Expo 2019 will go on sale at D23expo.com beginning August 23, 2018. Special pricing on both one- and three-day tickets to the event—including an Early Bird Discount—will be exclusively available to D23 Gold Members. Additional special benefits will also be available to D23 Gold and Charter Members at the 2019 Expo. D23 Gold Members will also have an opportunity to purchase the Sorcerer Package, which provides a host of special benefits and amenities. Ticket prices will be announced later this summer.”
Because there is not enough time to see everything, you will miss stuff. You’ll have to look at the schedule and decide what you’re going to see. You can’t see all of the big panels on Saturday, for instance, because people line up 30 hours in advance. You have to pick one and camp out. Live action or animation. It’s awful, but until it expands to a larger venue or to more days, that’s the situation.
Well, there’s plenty of time to make sure that everything moves smoothly and that everyone, including the Convention Center employees, are well-versed in what to expect, so I expect no major problems for next year’s Expo.
Thanks for reading this far! See you next time!
|Thank You for Your Support!|