Disneyland‘s lavish new Fantasy Faire princess meet-and-greet area opens in a week but Disney Cast Members began previewing the new area as Imagineers applied finishing touches. Annual Passholders will get to take an early look at the new Fantasyland addition later this week before the general public gets to see it. Meanwhile, Disney’s Limited Time Magic promotion continued last week with a special boy band medley from the Dapper Dans. Also as part of Limited Time Magic, a selection of Oz: The Great and Powerful props and costumes are now on display in Downtown Disney.
Get a closer look at today’s update! Click on any photo in today’s column for a large, high-resolution version of the image.
|Welcome to Disneyland!|
Enjoy one last week of moderate crowd levels before the busy Spring Break Season. TouringPlans.com can help you navigate the parks with our per-park Crowd Calendar, Lines – Mobile Wait Times App that gives access to current and estimated wait times for attractions, and Touring Plans detailing the best plan of attack for hitting the attractions. Now more than ever, it’s a good time to subscribe to TouringPlans.com to plan your strategy to avoid the crowds!
Below are the predicted resort-wide crowd numbers for select days generated by the TouringPlans professional statisticians as measured for the upcoming week. For the access to the full year and per-park crowd level predictions, visit our Crowd Calendar.
— Fred Hazelton, Statistician, TouringPlans.com
|Tues., Mar. 5||[center]5 /10[/center]||Here are some quick-hit notes that we hope you’ll find helpful as you prepare your visits for the week:
|Wed., Mar. 6||2 /10|
|Thu., Mar. 7||2 /10|
|Fri., Mar. 8||6/10|
|Crowd levels are based on a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being the least crowded conditions and 10 being most crowded.See Disneyland crowds for the next 365 days.
Get Disneyland wait times on your iPhone, Android, or Smartphone.Do more. Wait less.
Dateline Disneyland is sponsored by TouringPlans.com.
|The Gumball Rally Strikes Back!
MAY 4, 2013
Can you conquer every attraction at Disneyland in a single day? MiceChat’s famous Gumball Rally returns this spring to put you to the test — Tickets on sale now!
- When: May 4th, 2013.
- Where: Disneyland Resort (both parks) in Anaheim, California.
- Cost: Approx. $27.50 per person. 10% discount available through February 28 with promo code: early. MiceChat Gold Memebers can get a 15% discount.
- How Do I Sign Up?: Eventzilla Gumball Rally Registration Page
- How Does the Rally Work?: Details on the Rally Information Page.
Annual Passholders will have the opportunity to preview the new area three days later this week. Details below:
[center]Fantasy Faire Annual Passholder Preview
March 7, 8 and 9, 2013[/center]
- March 7, 8 and 9, 2013
- Event Time
- 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m.
- Registration is limited to a 2-hour entry time period within the event time.
- Event Registration and Wristband Distribution
- At 10:30 a.m. on the day of the event, Annual Passholders may begin registering inside the entrance to Frontierland, next to Westward Ho, in the Disneyland Park.
- All participating Guests (ages 3 and older) must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event.
- Registration must be completed in person at the entrance to Frontierland on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
- It is recommended that all members of your party register together.
- All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member, who will check event availability. Photo ID may be required.
- Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for the event and will receive a color-coded event wristband for the assigned entry time period.
- Event wristbands are required for admission to the event and are only valid for a specified time during that day’s event.
- Space is limited. Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability.
- Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.
- Additional Information
- Guests may only enter and re-enter Fantasy Faire during their assigned and specified time period.
- Admission to Fantasy Faire will not be accommodated before or after the assigned and specified time period.
- Special Events Cast will be available to assist and answer questions during the event.
- Valid theme park admission is required.
- The event does not guarantee access to any attraction or location, and may involve long wait periods.
- Information, attractions and elements of the event are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
- Subject to capacity, scheduled park events and other restrictions.
Disney released a behind-the-walls video last week showing the recent installation of Tangled Tower and Clopin’s Music Box
Concept art shows the new backdrop
In Tomorrowland, the back of the Starcade is still behind construction walls.
It would be nice if Disney did something permanent with the Starcade space – whether they turn it back into an arcade or if they just remodel it as a real store. The temporary cash wrap blocking the defunct speedramps to the upper level looks cheap and the temporary lighting rigs are just ugly.
|Limited Time Magic|
[center]Dapper Dans – The “Original Boy Band”
at Disneyland Park
February 25 – March 3, 2013[/center]
Last week Disney continued its Limited Time Magic promotion by having the Dapper Dans sing a medley of boy band songs.
Interjected with a lot of humor from the Dans, the boy band medley wasn’t as terrible as the Disney Parks Blog preview made it seem. Luckily, the boy band medley was just and addition at the end of the Dans’ regular show.
Below, a video of the boy band medley:
[center]Oz exhibit at WonderGround Gallery
in Downtown Disney
Through March 9, 2013[/center]
Disney has also labeled a new and very small “Oz” exhibit as part of its Limited Time Magic promotion. The small display of replica props and costumes from the film are on display in Downtown Disney’s WonderGround Gallery.
The WonderGround Gallery will also feature Oz-themed works by local artist Joey Chou starting March 9.
[center]Oz: The Great and Powerful Sneak Peek
at Disney California Adventure
Through March 31, 2013[/center]
Continuing this week is the eight-minute sneak preview of Disney’s upcoming movie, “Oz: The Great and Powerful.” “Oz” hits theaters March 8. The sneak preview at California Adventure will run through March 31.
|Welcome to California Adventure|
On Buena Vista Street, the Glendale-Hyperion Bridge’s white accents that we showed you last week are now back to beige. So, the bridge basically looks the same as it did before Disney began the recent series of re-paints. Maybe someone was bored?
|This and That|
Disney has entered the cosmetics business by releasing a new line of makeup exclusively at its theme parks. The line is currently available at Disney Vault 28 in Downtown Disney following its big launch event on Saturday.
|Weekly News & Information Round-Up|
|Weekly Theme Park Hours
March 4 — 10, 2013
|[B]Disneyland Park[/B]||[B]Disney California Adventure[/B]|
|Monday-Wednesday: 10 am – 8 pm
Thursday: 10 am – 7 pm
Friday-Saturday: 9 am – 11 pm
Sunday: 8 am – 11 pm
Monday-Thursday: 10 am – 8 pm
Friday 9 am – 11 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 10 pm
Sunday: 8 am – 10 pm
|[CENTER]For a complete listing of theme park hours,
visit the Disneyland.com Theme Park Calendar[/CENTER]
|[center]Expected Crowd Levels[/center] [center]presented by TouringPlans.com[/center]|
|[CENTER][B]Disneyland Park[/B][/CENTER]||[CENTER][B]Disney California Adventure[/B][/CENTER]|
[B]2.0—9.2[/B] out of 10[/CENTER]
[B]1.5—7.8[/B] out of 10[/CENTER]
|[CENTER]Crowd levels are based on a scale from 1 to 10,
with 1 being the least crowded conditions and 10 being most crowded.
[B]For crowd predictions for the next 365 days, visit
|[center]Closure and Refurbishment Schedule[/center]|
|[b][center]Disney California Adventure[/center][/b]|
|[b][center]Downtown Disney and Disneyland Resort Hotels[/center][/b]|
A quick look at noteworthy Disney theme park headlines from around the web.[/center]
OK — That wraps up this week’s edition of Dateline Disneyland! Did you enjoy the Dapper Dans singing boy bands? Be sure to let us know in the comments section below!
We’re only here because of your continued support. If you’ve enjoy Dateline Disneyland over the last five years, please consider helping us out by donating a buck or two so we can pay the bills and keep the updates coming! You can donate with a click of a button via PayPal — click here!
For more Disneyland news, be sure to read MiceChat’s weekly In the Parks blog. And be sure to check out our sister blog, Dateline Disney World – a fantastic weekly photo blog covering Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida!
Thanks for reading. See you at Disneyland!
Support Dateline Disneyland
|FTC-Mandated Disclosure: Promotional consideration for this edition of Dateline Disneyland was provided by TouringPlans.com | Do More. Wait Less. and the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel & Water Playground.|