Summer Season has kicked off for SeaWorld Orlando with the opening of Ihu’s Breakaway Falls at Aquatica. Let’s take a look at Ihu’s Breakaway Falls Grand Opening, and how this attraction is expanding the offerings at Aquatica Orlando.
At the bottom of this article, you’ll find video of Eric taking the plunge at Ihu’s Breakaway Falls.
- Ihu’s Breakaway Falls features the tallest, steepest, and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in Orlando.
- Those who dare to brave Ihu’s Breakaway Falls will experience an almost vertical drop for nearly 40 feet, the steepest slide of its kind in Orlando.
- Ihu’s Breakaway Falls™ is the longest water thrill slide of its kind featuring three “breakaway boxes” – orange, green, and blue — and one open slide – purple – offering four completely different slide paths.
- Drop more than three stories and slide for 420 feet, the longest of the four slides, on theorange slide.
- The green slide path has the shortest drop, but it’s still a 28-foot fall – that’s the same as four seven-foot tall basketball players!
- Fall from the blue slide if you’re looking for the steepest slide with a breakaway box.
- While the purple slide isn’t a true drop slide, it is by no means a “chicken slide”. In fact, this open-aired slide is the steepest of all four slides.
- Once the floor disappears, riders will drop 20-24 feet per second.
- Ihu’s Breakaway Falls is the only high-speed water thrill slide in the world with three breakaway boxes that face each other so riders can share the full experience.
Watch Eric take the Plunge.
SeaWorld has made sure that the architecture, and foliage around Ihu’s match the rest of the park, and give you a sense of place in the South Seas.
For the grand opening, SeaWorld had polynesian dancers, drummers and more to welcome guests to Aquatica.
SeaWorld also had animal ambassadors on hand to greet guests.
Ihu’s is a solid addition for Aquatica at SeaWorld, with it’s 4 distinct slides it’s a highly repeatable attraction and sure to be a big hit this summer.
Now we invite you to listen to the Unofficial SeaWorld Podcast episode where we review all the SeaWorld Parks attractions, shows and rides opening this summer.