The 4th of July falls on a Wednesday this year, which makes breaking away with the family for an American adventure a bit more difficult than usual. Whether you are only able to break away for the day or you’re able to take the rest of the week off. We’ve rounded up several places in the Orlando area which will be celebrating the spirit of America in style, including some offering festivities across several days. Here’s a list of highlights, including park hours for all Orlando theme parks during the holiday. Remember, it might be a packed day regardless, so if your heart is set on seeing a fireworks show, get there early and find that perfect spot!
Events: Red, Brick and Boom
- Fireworks at 9PM on July 4-7 with free 3D glasses turning the explosions into Lego Bricks
- DJ dance party in miniland (5-8:30)
- Backyard games on the Mansion lawn (10-5)
- Build your own star to add to Legoland’s American flag (10-5)
- Battle for Brickbeard’s Bounty Pirate-themed Pre-Show (8:30-9)
Summer Nights continues with the acrobatics and rock filled spectacle Kinetix at 9PM, followed by an extended 4th of July fireworks finale July 3, and 4th.
No July 4th events planned, but with Cinematic Spectacular and the new Minion Mayhem attraction, there’s still plenty to see. Wear red, white and blue and make our own fireworks!
Islands of Adventure:
Extended hours for a possibly busy day. No special events planned, but due to Harry Potter, it’s always crowded on busy summer days here!
- Special Events: Disney’s Celebrate America Fireworks! 9PM (July3 &4).
- And don’t forget the Hall of Presidents. It’s the perfect place to get in touch with your patriotism.
- Illuminations: special patriotic finale, 10PM.
- In addition, Voices of Liberty will host special 4th of July concerts throughout the day at the American Gardens Theatre.
- And be sure to stop by the American Adventure for a journey into the history of our great nation. You’ll be glad you did.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Special July 4th Fireworks – 9:45PM (in the past, Mulch, Sweat, and Shears have played the fireworks Live! Chances are this will continue this year.)
- Fantasmic – 9PM & 10:30PM
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
Hours: 9AM-8PM (Extra Magic Hours 8-9AM)
Later hours for the Animal Kingdom, but no special July 4th events scheduled.
Summer Nights events continue due the holiday, including Shamu Rocks and Reflections, which closes the park with a special fireworks finale at 10:30 PM.
If you aren’t in the mood to fight the large crowds that come with the big fireworks shows at the major theme parks, there are alternatives. Many local 4th of July celebrations offer a more intimate chance to get out and be patriotic.
4PM – 11:00PM. Live music, entertainment, food and drinks. 106.7 FM broadcasts during the event, which culminates in a 25 minute fireworks display. EVENTS LISTING HERE
July 4th games and food from 4 pm – 10 pm with fireworks starting at 9:30 pm at Lake Eola Park Downtown Orlando
9AM parade through Celebration Town Center.
Evening events begin at 5. Fireworks at 9:30.
Kissimmee: (July 3rd and 4th)
5:-9:30 at Kissimmee’s Lakefront Park. Free concert and fireworks.
Wherever you decide to commemorate Independence Day, we wish you a safe and very happy fourth of July!
Check back tomorrow for more Orlando Parkhopper columns from SeaWorld and Universal Studios Orlando!