This year for the first time ever, Halloween on the High Seas comes onboard all the Disney Cruise Line ships – the Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and newly reimagined Disney Magic.
A full program of holiday fun is in store for guests on most sailings from September through October 2014 as described by the cruise line below:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and lots of candy! Beloved Disney characters, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion, will join guests for this fun-filled costume party.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas—Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea, where the bravest cruisers gather under the stars to hear some true—or not so true—tales of the sea told by a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
- Creepy Cabaret, a party in the atrium featuring favorite Halloween-themed music performed live by a band of ghostly musicians.
- Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids: For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on each Disney ship becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
- Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in Buena Vista Theatre, on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
- Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Spooky Juice.”
- More spooky fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of the ship announcements!
Special decorations will include a unique Pumpkin Tree on each vessel that will “magically transform throughout the cruise with the help of a storytelling caretaker.” Disney has released the following concept sketches previewing this year’s new signature trees:
For a taste of what Halloween looked like on the Disney Fantasy last year, check out my Entertainment Review video below:
Plus, Disney Cruise Line gives 7 Reasons Halloween is Better on the High Seas in its video infographic below:
Here are all the available Halloween cruises per ship:
- ~ Disney Magic: three-, five- and seven-night Bahamian and Caribbean cruises departing Sept. 27 to Oct. 26
- ~ Disney Wonder: four-, five- and six-night Bahamian cruises departing Sept. 26 to Oct. 31
- ~ Disney Dream: three- and four-night Bahamian cruises departing Sept. 7 to Oct. 31
- ~ Disney Fantasy: seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises departing Sept. 6 to Oct. 25