Here’s is a quick update from Knotts Berry Farm. Knotts has announced their plans for New Years 2015 and we couldn’t be more excited. MiceChat will be offering a fun night of food, entertainment, and more at Knott’s that night. So, if you’d like to spend the evening with friends, be sure to join us. Next we share with you the latest progress from Voyage to the Iron Reef and the removal of the Roaring 20’s sign there. If you are a fan of the Berry Market jellies and preserves we have news of a new flavor, but you had better hurry as it is a limited batch. We then take a ride on “Christmas on Engine 41″ and share pics of the wild citizens we encountered on this trip. Let’s get going.
New Years Eve at Knotts
That’s right! MiceChat is, once again spending New Years Eve on the farm. Knott’s Berry Farm that is. Come on down and join us for a fun night of down-home cooking and entertainment that will take us into 2015!
Expect live entertainment everywhere you turn. Adding to the line-up of can’t miss performers are:
- Krazy Kirk & The Hillbillies! From the deep country hills of Anaheim, these boys will have toes tappin’ hands clappin’ and guts bustin’ during the best darn musical comedy show ever performed in the historic Bird Cage Theatre.
- The Clueless Remix is a non-stop live music adventure where old school R&B meets new school dance & hip hop. And before The Clueless Remix takes the stage, DJ Howly spins popular high energy music in the Calico Square.
- Salsa Dancing with DJ JC invites you to show off your dance moves at Fiesta Plaza and groove to the beat of this spicy music scene that’s Hot, Hot, Hot! Snoopy will also make a special cameo and show off his paw-tastic dance moves.
- Family friendly comedian, Adam Christing, brings his hilarious comedy, magic and fun audience interaction to Ghost Town’s Wagon Camp.
A New Year’s Eve celebration is not complete without a delicious meal, and Knott’s has just what you need. MiceChat will be offering a private room inside Spurs restaurant for all of us to sit and eat to our hearts content. We will also be treated to special priority seating for a showing of the Snoopy ice show!
- Merry Christmas, Snoopy! in this exciting new show filled with whimsy and spectacular skating, Snoopy enjoys all of the best parts of the season, including trimming the Christmas tree, awaiting Santa’s arrival, and attending the festive Christmas Ball!
After the wonderful ice show, we will venture out into the park and enjoy all of the other things that Knott’s is offering for New Years Eve.
- When the sun sets on the Farm, the buildings and paths in Ghost Town’s Main Street will be filled with snow and glow! Thousands of sparking lights will dance to the beat of familiar holiday music while snow gently falls in this spectacular one-of-a-kind moment each night.
- In the intimate setting of Ghost Town’s historic Bird Cage Theatre, catch a live performance of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol or O. Henry’s A Gift of the Magi.
- Santa’s Christmas Cabin serves up holiday delights like Santa’s homemade cookies, mouthwatering pastries, winter wine, craft beer, and more. Guests can also enjoy the fresh made-to-order maple lollipops in Ghost Town, churros from the Churro Factory, cakes, cookies, muffins, and gingerbread men in the Farm Bakery.
Ring in the New Year with your fellow MiceChatters at Knott’s Berry Farm!
MICECHAT NYE EVENT TICKETS (hurry, last year we sold all the available tickets in just a few hours):
MiceChat Dinner Only Ticket – Adult $ 28.99
MiceChat Dinner Only Ticket – Child/Senior (3-11, or 65+) $ 16.99
(These are dinner only tickets – admission into the park is NOT included. However, Knott’s offers very affordable annual passes with a great payment plan that we highly recommend)
Voyage to the Iron Reef
Next up we try to get a better look inside the impenetrable show building that will be home to an interactive dark ride. By all reports, Voyage to the Iron Reef, is on track for an early opening.
Apple Cinnamon Jelly
If you are a fan of the new Berry Market Jelly, there’s good news. Knott’s has just released a new flavor, Apple Cinnamon! But you had better hurry and get over there as they only made 400 jars and the stuff is GOOD!
Christmas on Engine 41
While visiting the park for this update we took another ride on one of our favorite Holiday attractions. Christmas on Engine 41 is simply a charming treasure, powered by holiday cheer and the capable actors that Knott’s has hired. While on board the Calico Railroad this time of year, instead of being confronted with bandits, you will meet citizens of Ghost Town returning home for Christmas. It’s a simple but very satisfying show that really puts you in the holiday mood.
We are hearing from a number of sources that there might be some more major work coming to Ghost Town. We are thrilled to hear of the continued commitment to the aggressive upkeep of the heart of the park.
Speaking of Ghost Town, be sure to catch the hidden gem inside the Calico Saloon that is the Calico Saloon Christmas Show. It’s simple Vaudeville and is a lot of fun to watch.
Well that just about wraps it all up for a quick update from the Farm. We hope to see you at the MiceChat New Years Eve event – TICKETS HERE!