It’s hard to believe that 10 years have gone by so quickly. So many things have happened in that time. So many friendships, and events, and Disney news stories. Today, there are nearly 100,000 registered MiceChatters, but we are still very much the little site of Disney nerds who just want things to be the best they can be.
To celebrate our first fabulous decade together, we’ve crafted an AMAZING weekend of fun at the Disneyland Resort just for you. Below you’ll find a collection of events, some require tickets, others don’t. Join us for as much or as little as you’d like.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH
We held an amazing evening with a select group of animation superstars in a casual and fun MiceChat 10th Anniversary cocktail party at the lovely Anabella Hotel. The panel discussion featured Disney legends Floyd Norman, Little Mermaid animator Mike Peraza, Lion King animator James Lopez, Bugs Life animator Dave Feiten, and moderator David Derks (International Animated Film Association Vice President).
SATURDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 7TH
Saturday morning you can also celebrate MiceChat’s 10 years of Disney and theme park magic with our special AMAZEMENT Saturday epic event at the ESPN Zone.
Celebrate MiceChat’s 10 years of Disney and theme park magic with our special AMAZEMENT Saturday epic event at the ESPN Zone. We will treat you with three fantastic panel discussions with notable legends and surprise guests. Event lasts from 9am until 1:30pm:
- “This Animatronic Life” – This panel will explore the history of animatronics from the days of the ancient Greeks to today’s most cutting-edge figures, and take a look at Garner Holt Productions’ background in the themed entertainment industry. You’ll hear from the designers, animators, programmers, project leaders, and maintenance experts on what it takes to create dimensional animation and other show systems for theme parks around the world. Meet Garner Holt, Bill Butler, Tracy Cathey, Vic Martin and Dave Feiten as they tell us you how they create the magic!
- “Authors and Artists” – Meet the folks behind some of the hottest new Disney books. You’ll have a chance to pick up your own signed copy of these fantastic tomes and pick up some treasures as well. Some of the folks you can expect to find: Sam Gennawey (Disney and Universal history books), Shelby Picket (Disney trivia books), Terri Hardin (former Imagineer), Jeff Heimbuch (Windows of Main Street), Joseph Yakovetic (Disney Artist).
- “Voices of Magic” – The voices behind some of your favorite Disney characters will reveal the secrets behind bringing the magic to stage and screen. See Bill Farmer (the voice of Goofy), Micheal-Leon Wooley (from Princess and the Frog), Mark Silverman (Twilight Zone Tower of Terror), Nancy Adams (Robin Hood) and others.
- We will also celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Yesterland with MiceChat legend Werner Weiss and enjoy a very special MiceChat 10th anniversary video treat.
This enchanted morning will last from 9am until 1:30pm and will include a light breakfast of fresh fruit and assorted bagels as well as a delightful lunch of apple walnut salad, truffle mac and cheese with broccoli, and a delicious grilled beef tri tip with mashed potatoes and assorted desserts. Twelve lucky attendees can upgrade to the “VIP Package”, which offers VIP front row seating as well as a keepsake gift signed by our special guests. This event is now sold out!
SATURDAY AFTERNOON, FEBRUARY 7TH 3:30pm
MiceChat celebrates the upcoming D23 Expo 2015 with a D23 Expo Challenge during the MiceChat 10th Anniversary. The D23 Expo showcases the past, present and future of all things Disney, from theme parks and movies to television, music and beyond.
This event is FREE (you’ll still need a park ticket). THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
Although the events above are all sold out, there’s still a lot of wonderful things you can still join:
MICECHAT ANNIVERSARY SCHEDULE
Aside from the ticketed events, we will also be offering lots of other fun activities on anniversary weekend. Join us on Saturday evening for a trivia contest with funtastic prizes. Then on Sunday morning (Feb 8th) we’ll have breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace, followed by Walt Disney inspired attractions, a massive noon meet at the central hub of Disneyland, and a group photo in front of the Train Station (Let’s make this one the biggest ever!)
The first 400 people to the Noon meet at Disneyland on Sunday Feb 8th receive an exclusive MiceChat Tencennial enamel pin (designed by Andy Castro and donated by Dustysage) which is inspired by Disneyland’s own 10th anniversary in 1965.
Saturday Feb 7, 6pm – Trivia Night at the Hearthstone
(Outside – back patio of Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian Hotel)
Meet us on the outdoor back patio of the Hearthstone Lounge at the Grand Californian Hotel near the fireplace. The trivia show has become a MiceChat anniversary tradition. And what excuse do we need to have a good time and win prizes? The show lasts for about an hour and prizes will be given throughout. Prizes for the top placing individuals are sponsored by Fairy Godmother Travel, MiceChat’s official travel agency.
You do not need a ticket for this event. Just show up and have a great time!
Sunday, February 8th, 2015
The day will start in the classic style, as we’ve done for the last 10 anniversaries, with breakfast at the Riverbelle Terrace, trip around the Rivers of America aboard the Mark Twain, and a classic noon meet and group photo in front of the castle (we’ll meet you all at the Walt and Mickey statue at noon).
4:10 pm – Farewell Meet and Greet (Central Hub of Disneyland)
STAY AND PLAY – SPECIAL MICECHAT ANNIVERSARY HOTEL OFFER
The Anabella Hotel is offering a very special MiceChat 10th Anniversary Rate:
– $89 (Standard Room Types)
– $139 (Concierge)
Rate is valid 2/6/15-2/8/15
Rate only available for those who call in: call reservations at 800.863.4888 to reserve your room. Don’t forget to ask for the “MiceChat 10th Anniversary” rate.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We’ve had several of you asking how you can help with anniversary weekend. There are a few things we need assistance with:
- We are looking for great images of MiceAge/MiceChat meets and events from the past 10 years. What were your favorite moments. Please post them below.
- Get the word out. Please help share the links to this article so everyone knows about all the great events we are offering for the MiceChat Anniversary. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, email, you name it. . . . just share. If you do, you could win a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
- Make a Donation. This event is very expensive for us to run and we are operating it at a loss to make as much of the weekend as possible free for you to participate. If you know a sponsor who would like to help out, please let us know. To make a direct donation, you may do so via PayPal at Dustysage@MiceChat.com Thank you for your support!
We’ll have a printable times guide for the MiceChat 10th anniversary for you shortly. Meanwhile, don’t lose your spot in our amazing special events listed above. Sign up today at the links above. And to add your name to the email list for more event information and times guide, please JOIN THE MAILING LIST HERE.
Click the Facebook Share button above and comment on this article about what MiceChat means to you for a chance to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card!