The Dland/DCA Favorites List.
by, 05-04-2009 at 07:05 PM
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Now, I don't remember if I did one of these earlier when I got my Gold account, but I will do one anyways!
[U][SIZE=4][B]Top 10 Favorite Disneyland Rides/Attractions:
[/B][/SIZE][/U][SIZE=2]10. Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room - I think it's the originality and classic feel of this attraction that gets me. I also LOVE the music.
9. Star Tours - Nostalgia plays a big role in my love for this. I remember going on this with my mom, right after she bought me a pair of GOOD plastic Minnie ears (the headband - I hate the fuzzy ones that they sell now) and how I used to pretend to be Captain Rex's co-pilot. Also, my dad loved Star Wars and this ride makes me think of him when I ride it.
8. Pinocchio's Daring Journey - It's the dark ride I've been on the most since I renewed my pass this year, and I love it! The entrance into Pleasure Island is my favorite part of the ride.
7. Pirates of the Caribbean - I used to not really like this ride, just because of the people who wouldn't listen to the CMs and would take pictures. But they've recently doing a very good job of keeping that under control, even if it means disturbing the atmosphere and coming over the PA to tell people to stop with flash. Even though I'm not fond of Barbossa taking over Blackbeard's spot on the ship, I think it's okay. I love a good portion of the animals (especially the pigs with the sleeping, drunk pirate). And of course, the Red Head :).
6. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - The original cars are what gives me a happy feeling. I'm very happy to have this ride at Disneyland, and I hope that they don't pull it out to put in a let down dark ride.
5. Space Mountain - This ride gets better and better everytime I ride because something I haven't seen/felt before happens. The soundtrack to this is absolutely amazing. Even though I don't really like the queue, the ride definitely overshadows it.
4. Splash Mountain - OH. What can I say about this? I don't really have a childhood attachment to this ride, but the love has grown so much ever since I've been an APer. This is the only ride I regret going on almost every single time, but I love it so much.
3. Casey Jr. Circus Train - Yes. This is my 3rd favorite ride in Disneyland, and my favorite ride in Fantasyland. It's me and my bestfriend's "BFF" ride. We HAVE to go on it everytime we go to Disneyland. I love the tiny thrills it brings, I love how you're able to go through Storybookland without going on the canals. I love waving at people when we pass Storybookland's queue. It's just a fun ride.
2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye - Do I need to go into detail? I love the fact that the theming was so well done, and everytime I go on it I see something new.
1. Haunted Mansion - Every since I was a little girl, I was always fascinated by the tricks and techniques used to make this ride magical. I remember watching something on ABC one year about the Magic behind the Magic and Haunted Mansion's dining hall scene was part of the special. They explained the Pepper's Ghost trick and how the ghosts dancing weren't holograms. I ran to my dad (Whose favorite ride was HM) and told him this and he was very proud to hear his little girl telling him something he didn't know. Ever since then, I've been in love with this ride, learning something new everytime, going onto Doombuggies.com and reading things I already knew. I love it so much.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][U][SIZE=4][B]Top 10 Favorite DCA Rides/Attractions:[/B][/SIZE][/U][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=2]10. Heimlich's Choo Choo Train - "I don't want to put carrots in my AYES!" Best line of the entire ride. This is so cute, and it's actually pretty well excuted.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype]
9. Golden Zephyr - A very relaxing ride, and it's a perfect ride to see the construction in the lagoon.
8. Muppet Vision 3-D - I love the Muppets, so this is a good thing for me :)
7. Soarin' Over California - If the line wasn't so long, I would ride this more. And, in all honesty, the film gets a little old, but I love the soundtrack and the feeling of flying.
6. It's Tough To Be a Bug - Favorite 3-D movie attraction in DCA[/FONT].
5. Francis' Ladybug Boogie - Ok, so you're probably thinking, "What the heck Danielle?!" but I truly do like this ride. It's like the teacups except without all the work and also if you know the trick then you're going to have a good time.
4. Tower of Terror - I love thrills, and this definitely gives me a good one! I still get a little antsy before the first drop even though I know it's coming.
3. Monster's Inc!: Mike & Sulley To The Rescue! - Ok yeah, just because I'm MGB I have to have this in my Top 5. I love how they recycled a good chunk of Superstar Limo to create this ride. It's cute, and it fuels my Monster's Inc. love.
2. California Screamin': YES YES YES. Such a kick butt roller coaster. The soundtrack rules and I love riding it at night time. Hate the bunny hops, but I love the rest of it.
1. Toy Story Midway Mania - Too much love for this ride. I like the thrill level of spinning, while being immersed into a toy world, and playing a game!
[/FONT][FONT=Palatino Linotype][U][SIZE=4][B]Top 10 Favorite Disneyland/DCA Things to Eat/Drink:
[/B][/SIZE][/U][SIZE=4][SIZE=2](This doesn't include Downtown Disney)
1. Nachos at White Water Snacks
2. Monte Cristo
3. Dole Float
4. Mint Julep
5. Frozen Apple Juice
8. Mozzarella Sticks
9. Clam Chowder in a bread bowl
10. Funnel Cake