Blog Comments

• |
    FOUND NOT GUILTY
    [QUOTE][B]Casey Anthony Trial Update: After not guilty murder verdict, sentencing for lesser charges Thursday[/B]

By [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/8300-504083_162-504083.html?contributor=10470154"]Camille Mann[/URL]
    [IMG]http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/07/05/AP110705125315_244x183.jpg[/IMG]
    Casey Anthony talks to her attorney, Dorothy Clay Sims, on Tuesday, July 5, 2011
    (Credit: AP Photo)

(CBS/WKMG/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - After deliberating for more than 10 hours, a jury of seven women and five men found Casey Anthony not guilty Tuesday of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
    [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10004686.html"]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10004686.html"]Pictures: Casey and Caylee Anthony, Personal Photos[/URL]

Anthony was also found not guilty of aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter. She was found guilty of four lesser charges of providing false information to a law enforcement officer.

Judge Belvin Perry will sentence Anthony Thursday morning on those charges. While she could receive up to a year in jail for each count, legal expert Mark O'Mara told [URL="http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28451846/detail.html"]CBS affiliate WKMG[/URL] he expects Perry to give Anthony time served. She has been in the Orange County Jail since October 2008.

Anthony, 25, has been on trial since May 24 in a case that has been broadcast across the country, starting with Caylee's disappearance in 2008. Caylee's decomposed body was found in the woods near the Anthony's home and a medical examiner was never able to determine how she died.

Caylee was reported missing on July 15, 2008, after Casey Anthony told her parents she had not seen Caylee since she was kidnapped by a nanny on June 16, 2008.

Later at trial, the defense said she lied about the nanny, claiming that Caylee had actually died in the family swimming pool on June 16. They stated that her seemingly carefree attitude was in fact a way for her to hide the emotional distress caused by sexual abuse from her father.
    [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10004686.html"]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10004686.html"]Pictures: Casey and Caylee Anthony, Personal Photos[/URL]
    Casey Anthony did not take the stand during the trail, leaving her claim as to how Caylee died unsubstantiated.

The prosecution contended that Caylee was suffocated with duct tape by her mother, who loved to party, tattooed herself with the Italian words for "beautiful life" in the month her daughter was missing and crafted elaborate lies to mislead everyone from investigators to her own parents.

Many dedicated followers of the trial camped outside the courthouse daily to get a spot to watch the drama from inside the courthouse. It was this public fascination and heavy media attention that caused jury selection to take place outside of Orlando. Jurors were brought in from the Tampa Bay area and sequestered for the entire trial.
    Casey Anthony cried after the verdict was read and hugged her attorney Jose Baez.

"While we're happy for Casey, there are no winners in this case," Baez said at a news conference after the hearing. "Caylee has passed on far, far too soon and what my driving force has been for the last three years has been always to make sure that there has been justice for Caylee and Casey because Casey did not murder Caylee. It's that simple. And today our system of justice has not dishonored her memory by a false conviction."
    [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7372325n"]48 Hours Mystery's special on the verdict, Casey Anthony: Judgment Day, will air tonight at 10/9 c.[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.cbsnews.com/8300-504083_162-504083.html?keyword=casey+anthony&tag=contentMain;contentBody"]Complete coverage of Casey Anthony on Crimesider[/URL]
    [/QUOTE]
    • |
    I understand where you're coming from completely.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again and again, but I truly admire you. You put it all out there. You know it doesn't always make sense. But, you release it and you don't forget those who are there for you.

One of the reasons I admire you so is that I have a real problem doing the same. I feel that sharing my problems will just drag others down and make them pull away, so I shut down and push them away before they can do it. Why do I feel that way? When those I care about have a crisis, I don't want to run from them, I want to be there to listen and help in any way possible. Yet, I don't feel that I deserve the same or convince myself that I won't get it.

You, my dear, are truly a gem in my life. You also have this remarkable way of sending me a little note by PM, text or email exactly when I need it the most. I tell people about you a lot and I look up to you. Autumn has a lot of issues already in life, but I see the same characteristics in her that I admire in you, and I know she'll be better than okay.
    • |
    Putting the faith in one's friends and family when they need them is an incredibly difficult task. You know that you have the support and the love. You know that everyone will be there for you always.

When you get to the low points, remember that people are there to pick you up after you fall. They are always there for you no matter what. You have a tremendous support system.
    • |
    That last line up there - exactly how I feel most of the time.

I take it a bit farther than you and shut down and shut off because it's easy for me to feel it's easier to be invisible.

I get it, I really do. I'm glad we've got each other to lean on. I feel incredibly blessed.
    • |
    The power of the SunnyG "eff off" is truly amazing.
    • |
    You, dear girl, never fail to make my heart beat a little faster.
    • |
    I love you!
    • |
    I agree with Rixter, one of the funniest blogs I've read. And I can say that I have a few of the same people in my office space..Brilliant!
    • |
    Haha this was one of the most interesting things I've read today.
    • |
    I this, though I am sorry you were so annoyed. That’s is my week at the office too.
    I especially agree with the Potluck “Eff Off”, I also hate the pressure to participate in every potluck (and our dept has a lot). We just had one today, and all week it was the reminder emails and the conversation makers would come up and say “what are you bringing”. I just kept saying that I looked into the future and it appeared I was going to be home with a sick child that day. I came in, but I packed my lunch but managed to contribute a ladle, if you consider that participating.
    I would like to add an Eff Off to the ladies who overhear me tell my friends how much I hate my new haircut, and all run over like a mob to tell me how cute it is. I am sure you think its cute, that’s great. But I don’t like it, and that is not going to change just because you do. I don’t your need sympathy, my hair will grow. Leave me alone.
    • |
    OMG! I'm sorry but you made me laugh SO HARD! And then I had to read it out loud to MM and then we BOTH laughed out loud.

You are funny when you're pissed!
    • |
    You are going to do wonderfully! Congrats! I'm super happy for you.
    • |
    i say keep them!

1. youre right you never know when you might need them- how many time do you throw something away, only to find you finally have a use for even though you have had it for five years, and havent used it once.
    2. You never know when its going to be back in style.

word.
    • |
    Adios!
    • |
    See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya.
    • |
    Not sure what you are talking about, but good riddance and so long to whatever is giving you a hardtime!
    • |
    Good riddance to people that cause discord and give pains in the derrier. (totally spelled that wrong)

Since I'm not quite sure what it's all about I'll just stick with the yay for you!
    • |
    Paige is a blessed young woman to have a mother like you! I'm sure the road has not been easy, but bless you for choosing life.
    • |
    You always seem to say these things right when I need to hear them and apply them to myself.

And that makes you also inspirational. Look at you go!

Love you!!
    • |
    Oh no you don't!!!

There will be NO giving up! Everyone is right. This has to only be temporary. And if you think we are going to let you give up on your dream, you are not thinking clearly. This WILL work out. It CAN work out! We all believe in you, it's time to believe in yourself!!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast