Blog Comments

• |
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle
    I'm sorry, but are there things cuter in life than the Storybook Cruise decorated for Christmas?!? I highly doubt it
    It is certainly one of my favorite holiday details in the park.
    • |
    I'm sorry, but are there things cuter in life than the Storybook Cruise decorated for Christmas?!? I highly doubt it
    • |
    I didn't know about the Christmas decorations for Storybookland, thank you for the photos!

Timekeeper
    • |
    "We're gonna need a bigger boat."
    Well it made me giggle.

Interesting stuff as usual.
    Makes me want to come back in 2011... *sigh* so far away from Australia.
    • |
    I would have to beg to differ on the Tron Ears for a couple reasons. One, they do come with a fancy hat box to store the ears in. Two, you can get your AP discount on them and even the 20% one that comes with meal purchases lately. Third, if you buy a regular hat with your name on the back that is pushing 20 bucks too. 80 bucks for what they have done doesn't seem that totally absurd when put in perspective.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by weeble
    loved the Christmas photos. what's company D?
    Company D is the cast store. Overstock items and items which are out of date or discontinued will often make their way to the Company D store where they are sold to castmembers at up to 50% off (sometimes even 75% off). Character Warehouse will often have the same items available for regular folks like you and me also at up to 50% off.
    • |
    loved the Christmas photos. what's company D?
    • |
    I very respectfully respect your opinion. I'm not really trying to speak for the fan community, because I realize a lot of people liked PATF. I'm really trying to point out the wrong thinking, in my opinion, in decision making about princess movies.
    • |
    Disneykin Kid...speak for yourself. A LOT of folks liked PATF. Just because it didn't do as expected commercially doesn't mean we all then change our minds to fit the 'Disney fan opinion meter' and all proclaim it to be a disappointment. If you didn't care for it...fine. But speak for yourself. Don't speak for the whole 'fan community'.
    • |
    Thanks Micechat! I sent PMs already! I'll make a TR when I go!
    • |
    Thank you guys again for the wonderful Holiday party at Knott's! It was a lot of fun, and great meeting everyone!
    • |
    Tangled is doing much better than Disney expected, and already surpassed PATF - I'm not surprised, PATF wasn't that great of a movie. Everyone at the time was saying how great it was, and I was thinking, it's not. Somehow IMO people get blinded and are unable to judge a movie for what it really is. There was much fuss about how boys didn't like PATF because it was a princess movie, so they changed Rapunzel to Tangled, and how Disney isn't making any more princess movies, all because PATF didn't perform well, but I'm telling you - look at the quality of the movie!
    • |
    Excellent update and great photos.
    • |
    Congratulations SteamboatAlodie and thank you for reading! To claim your tickets just send a PM to Fishbulb or myself. Enjoy your trip to Knott's!
    • |
    Thanks for another great update!! 80 bucks for Mouse Ears?? Dinsey execs have truly lost touch with reality. I also have to wonder how well Tron will do this weekend. I guess we'll find out. My two boys are "Meh" and my daughter couldn't care less. Maybe that's just MY family, but either way I guess we'll know how well it did by Sunday afternoon.
    • |
    Thanks for the great update!
    • |
    Great update, as usual.
    • |
    uhhh i'm a little late on reading this but I just got to the bottom and saw I won the tickets to the Discovery Science Center!?!?! So cool! I had no idea until I was reading the blog as I do each week and got to that part and did a double take when I saw my screen name. Now I gotta find out the details. Where I get these tickets exactly etc? When do they expire? I have a sister and brother that are 7 and I think they'd really enjoy this museum.
    • |
    My family and I haven't been to Knott's Berry Farm in years. My youngest has never been. I remember going to Knott's as a child and Christmas was one of my favorite times to go. I loved all the crafts and specialty booths they had in Old Town!

I would love to take my children to see Knott's Merry Farm. I think it would be a real treat. Knott's was my grandfather's favorite place. He passed away in 2000 when my oldest was 3. My youngest 2 children never met him. I would love to share it with my kids and share my memories of my grandpa.
    Updated 12-13-2010 at 08:51 AM by coopercaseycody
    • |
    Thanks so much for the updates, each and every week! I really enjoy them.

As for Duffy, he just doesn't have that Disneyesque quality that is unique to, well, Disney. He's looks just like a big, generic, teddy bear in a sailor suit. My nieces were here from Oregon and when asked if they wanted to see him, the reply was a very disinterested "no", they wanted to go see Jessie and Woody outside TSMM. Oh well.