Blog Comments

• |
    The doorway is also adorned with a Mezuzah which is traditionally affixed to the doorway of Jewish homes to fulfill the mitzvah (Biblical commandment) to inscribe the words of the Shema "on the doorposts of your house". Who knew?

Well, heck, I knew! That's why I showed it to ya'! It was great to see you and Fishy on Sunday! I wonder how many exclamation points I can squeeze into one post!
    • |
    Thanks for the update!

Suggestion for Disney: make Marty Keithley--the general manager of Knott's--the head of Walt Disney World. Guests will feel the love!
    • |
    My favorite Knott's memory (for the contest) is the Seal pool that used to be where the Fiesta Village Dance floor now sits. My family could only afford to visit Disneyland once or twice a year but in the 60's Knott's was free so we would regularly take a Sunday drive from Pomona thru Brea Canyon to Buena Park to walk around Ghost Town and have Sunday dinner at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. I was fascinated by the seals and would always get a handful of food from the feed dispensers to throw their way. There were other amusements like the Old MacDonald's farm with the piano-playing chicken, the Carousel, and Antique Autos (similar to Autopia).
    • |
    My best memory of Knotts is working there at the Halloween Haunt in 1993. I got to run around ghost town scaring people, which I realized was even more fun than attending the Halloween Haunt as a guest. Late in the night, I'd sit on a bench (with my monster mask/costume on), right next to a fiberglass statue of a cowboy; folks walking by didn't think I was real until I'd stand up; then they'd go scurrying.

I haven't been to Knott's since ... I've moved several times, got busy with life,etc. ... but now am hoping to take my own kids to Knott's this Christmas. Would love to have free tickets!
    • |
    Thanks for the updates I have to admit, I come for the DLR coverage, but the Universal photos are always nice too
    • |
    Thanks for the great update, ITP staff!

It's hard to believe that Universal made it even harder for disabled guests to access the lower lot, even temporarily. The regular shuttle was a ridiculous pain, I have to imagine this new detour is just as bad.

For those of you fortunate enough to have avoided the experience, you wait 10-15 minutes for a shuttle to arrive, wait another 10-15 for it to fill up (the driver departs on a schedule only), and the ride itself takes 5-10 minutes, depending on traffic down the hill. The driver is not a theme park employee, just a Universal driver, and couldn't care less about your experience that day. At the bottom of the hill, unloading the van takes another 10-15 minutes, depending on how packed it is. At minimum, the less than 5 minute ride down the Starway takes 30 mins, possibly more depending on the driver and amount of people loading.

The whole thing is rather absurd and I have no clue why Universal simply hasn't installed a permanent set of elevators that run parallel to the Starway. It's a bit of investment, yes, but it would be so much more efficient for them and pleasant for the guests than dealing with the awful system currently in place.

</rant>
    • |
    just make sure to drop lots of pennies in Knotts if you wanna meet Marty..he walks around collecting pennies on the ground
    • |
    Great update! one of my favorite Knotts memories was Last Years Knotts Scary Farm 2009 with a bunch for Micechatters for the Annual Meet .. It was great going and meeting everyone, enjoying the scares and the big death march of all mazes with Fishy leading the way.
    It was definitely a new and fun way for me to experience Knotts!
    • |
    My cousin has lived here in SoCal since 2004, while attending school. We've been fortunate, and blessed, to have Disney ticket opportunities afforded to us. He has always commented on saving enough for us to both visit Knott's Berry Farm. I've always commented, in jest, on how he's not missing much. Though his theme park loyalties lie with Disney, my cousin has the open mind to consider other interpretations on theming, attractions, in-park entertainment, and characters. It would be a great holiday gift to surprise him with a visit to "America's First Theme Park."

I am submitting this comment for Knott's Berry Farm tickets consideration. Thank you.
    • |
    Wonderful update!

Speaking of hidden menorahs, has anyone ever noticed the menorah in the one of the windows in the village burning scene in Disneyland's POTC?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by F!an
    Ok. I'll be the one to ask...Why does the owner of the Menorah and the only Jewish reference on Main Street have to be a doctor who works/lives in a building that doubles as a jewelery shop?
    LOL, probably safer for me to walk slowly away from that comment.

And great coverage of Universal F!an. We really appreciate your perspective of the park.
    • |
    Great Update!
    • |
    Ok. I'll be the one to ask...Why does the owner of the Menorah and the only Jewish reference on Main Street have to be a doctor who works/lives in a building that doubles as a jewelery shop?
    • |
    Seems there isn't any photos on Universal Studios Singapore christmas. I've just came back from there and there are Christmas decorations in the studios. Check them out. ENJOY =)
    Updated 12-09-2010 at 12:34 PM by Dustysage
    • |
    Wonderful update!
    • |
    Answer: Hansel and Gretel

Good Luck to me!
    • |
    Answer: Hansel and Gretel

Great update! The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa looks incredible at Christmas time!
    • |
    Great Update!
    Answer: Hansel and Gretel.

Timekeeper
    • |
    If you visit the Mission Inn and happen to see a magician in Dickensian clothing, stop by and say hello.
    • |
    Not to be a stickler, but on the sign for the candy canes at Disneyland, shouldn't it either say "While supplies last" or "While supply lasts"? I know proper English is going the way of the dodo, but that just reads badly.

Trivia answer: Hansel und Gretel

Happy Holidays, everyone!