Blog Comments

• |
    I like the Matterhorn much better without the vine.
    • |
    Just to note, the vine that grew on the side of the Matterhorn was purposely cut and left to die. They obviously planned to remove it finally. Looks better without it!
    • |
    In the UK they could not get away with saying the pin contained pieces of the sculpture unless it actually did, it would be against the sale of goods act. Why in litigation central ( the USA ) do people not sue when this is so clearly not true?

As for the Red Car trolley wires, you can't have a trolley cars without trolley wires, if they did them without wires you would al be complaining that they did not look real or couldn't work. You wanted authentic and real, you got it.
    • |
    Woo Hoo, can't wait to enjoy BubbleFest at Discovery Science Center with some of my favorite honorary nieces and nephews!! Thanks for putting together this contest!

Another great update...I'm getting seriously excited to see Buena Vista Street; June can't come fast enough!
    • |
    Great Update!!!!
    • |
    I think you're mistaken about what the pin they are selling is. It doesn't mention at all that it contains pieces of the elephants than stood on either side of the street. The pin shows the elephants yes, but it also shows the "Hollywood Pictures Backlot" entrance sign and pillars that were removed months ago. That is what you'll see contained in the pins, not elephant pieces. That or they're lying through their teeth, but it would be illegal to sell you something thatís completely fake with the claim of it being genuine, so you can bet that really contains part of the former archway signage.
    • |
    I am sooooo excited to be chosen as one of the winners for Bubble Fest!!! Thank you! This is perfect as the whole family has been sick with the flu over spring break & haven't left the house. Can't wait to tell my 4 & 6 yr old boys tomorrow morning. Yay!!!! Thank you again
    • |
    The trivia question answer:

"World-renowned for unique and stunning artistry, the Mega Bubblefest Laser Show features a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes."
    • |
    For Bubblefest the whole sentence is
    "World-renowned for unique and stunning artistry, the Mega Bubblefest Laser Show features a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes."
    • |
    I'm a fan of the overhead catenary wires. It just looks right.
    • |
    I guess I'll become part of this partially heated debate over trolley wires. I too believe it would add to the atmosphere. 1920's trolleys ran on such wires, so removing those wires would be like removing a tender from a steam locomotive. It just doesn't look right.
    • |
    I also think the trolley wires add to the ambience. I don't remember (and that may be key) any of this fuss over wiring when it was going into the African Village area of DAK.
    • |
    "...a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes."

Thanks for the update!
    • |
    I guess I'll add my two cents worth on the electrical wires running through Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land.
    I've seen real trolley cars that use those wires and it actually adds to the ambiance of the city atmosphere. And there's nothing wrong with recreating early Los Angeles as authentic as possible. Just look down on the pavement. They added cracks. To me that's realistic.
    I don't see the park guests walking along thinking it's an eyesore. I see them looking up and smiling as they follow the cable running alongside the trolley. And I picture the fascinated and amazed looks on the children's faces.
    Now if all the negative criticism does in fact come true, it would be a small task to remove them. It could easily be done overnight. But for now leave them and let's see how it goes. Walt Disney was all about trying new things and taking chances. I think he would have said, "Go for it!"
    • |
    If you don't have the wires the trolly's will look ridiculous. You might as well drive busses up and down the street. Most guests will assume they are real and won't think to much about it and won't complain.
    • |
    IMHO the wires are a nice touch but I don't think they thought through the consequences. Since they aren't electrified, there will be plenty of birds hanging out and probably the occasional rat too. Balloons will get caught on them and hang there until somebody climbs up to get them down. It also looks like it will cause visual distortion in such a small and crowded place. It's kind of funny that they went to such great expense to hide the real electrical wires at the back of Cars Land with the Cadillac ridge...and then they add them all over BV Street.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    WDI is notorious for pushing design elements that don't work, and they often get away with it. Besides the fact that the wires are an unnecessary eyesore, they could be a problem if Entertainment ever wants a parade float that is higher than the wires. This does happen occasionally. I remember when Disneyland had the Mulan parade that ran partially into the Christmas season. They couldn't put up the garland on Main Street until after they switched over to Christmas Fantasy due to one of the floats.
    • |
    Hope I win!
    "multiple bubble shows daily
    at Bubblefest, featuring a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes."

Great as usual...I really need to visit Sea World, haven't been there in years. It's definitely on my to do list by next fall.
    • |
    Its great to see the 1967 Vonroll Skyride at SeaWorld is more popular than ever..Take a HINT Disneyland..Thank you for the photos..