Blog Comments

• |
    Those cables will be down within a year or less, so let's get our pictures for posterity NOW.
    • |
    a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes.

As far as the wires, not a huge fan. While authentic and detail oriented I think it detracts from the beauty of the area and will ruin some great photo ops along the stunning architectural elements in Buena Vista and Hollywoodland. But as it is still in progress we'll see how it ends up.
    • |
    The full answer is
    "...a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes."

Outstanding Update as usual. See you at the parks soon! We are out the door and heading to DCA right now.
    • |
    In regard to the cable wires in Hollywood Land and BVS...I'm not a big fan of what I see of them, so far. I get it that Disney is going for an authentic look, but in this case, it just doesn't seem like it's going to work. It wouldn't surprise me if Disney eventually takes them all down within a year because of negative guest complaints.
    • |
    The full answer is "World-renowned for unique and stunning artistry, the Mega Bubblefest Laser Show features a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes."
    • |
    I think if they want realism, then they will have the wires spark when the trolly goes by. My bets are that they come down or are reworked in about the same amount of time on the turn-a-round for Ariel's hair whip. But let's not make an opinion until we can see them in person as part of the bigger picture. They may actually add something to the scene.
    • |
    I think you have the date wrong. It should be Saturday the 21. I went last year thanks to MiceChat and it was a blast for the kids.

But next Saturday i will be at the "Dark Market" at Sinister Pointe.
    • |
    You asked what people thought about the trolley wires in DCA -- and I think they are ugly. I'm really disappointed they are including them...and I bet it's something that Disney will get a lot of negative comments about and will thus back down eventually and remove them. While they might be "authentic", they are an eyesore and will ruin a lot of pictures. Everything Disney does is supposed to be an idealized version of what the real world was like...and in an ideal world, we'd have those gorgeous trollies without the unsightly wires overhead.
    • |
    World-renowned for unique and stunning artistry, the Mega Bubblefest Laser Show features a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes.

Great update
    thanks

• |
    ...a bubble carousel, bubbles within bubbles, smoking bubbles, spinning bubbles, bouncing bubbles and bubbles in all shapes and sizes.
    • |
    Great update
    • |
    Visited Six Flags this weekend and was horrified how terrible this park has become. The food was so disgusting and overpriced I didn't even buy anything and starved the entire time. I couldn't believe that they were selling low quality chicken fingers and burgers for over 11 dollars when you can get what seems to be gourmet food in comparison at DCA's new beer garden for the same price. The whole park was absolutely filthy and mismanaged at every turn with overflowing trash cans and cobwebs/dust in queues. X2 had over a 90 minute wait and cars were being sent out with up to 5 seats empty in some cases because the employees aren't managing the lines at all and letting guests do all the seating arrangements; as a result we were only able to fit in 5 roller coasters for the entire operating day, which was only until 6PM on a FRIDAY. I really felt like asking for a refund but knowing this place they probably would have told me to pound sand. If you value your hard earned money, this is the last place you should visit, a movie would have been more entertaining and fulfilling.
    Updated 04-01-2012 at 01:44 AM by Seawolf
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by HighLeveller
    What are these? I can't, for the life of me, get these to compute just from this one picture.
    They're Do-Rags. I never thought I'd ever see official Disney Do-Rags.

Nola! She spends most of her time napping nowadays, but it's still great to see her.
    • |
    Thanks for the great update.
    • |
    Those of you who are gathering information at Knott's for these updates seem especially good at identifying songs. Props to you. I've been following your weekly lists since you started, and have often seen you list songs I don't recognize, at least by name; tracks 2 and 4 from this week, for example.

Please do keep posting examples of these songs that fit in so well (uhh, not) with Ghost Town. Several songs have been mentioned that I do in fact enjoy, and some are even personally significant, but count me in the camp who would rather have in-theme music for each themed area.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Parks
    What are these? I can't, for the life of me, get these to compute just from this one picture.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I feel the same way. I appreciate the effort that has obviously gone into this, and I actually like the idea of an Alice in Wonderland party, but the gang-inspired look they came up with is inappropriate for Disney. When Disney tries to do "Hip and edgy" they nearly always fail. But when they riff on their classic themes, it's almost always a success. With some costume adjustments, I think they can still make the Alice party look right.

I don't think they need to wait for the complaints to start rolling in, the disdain for these costumes is nearly universal. If they act quickly, they still have time to adjust these costumes (and make them more like the film).

Mad T Party has some unfortunate drug references built into the name and gang inspired costuming. That needs to be corrected. Keep it all upbeat and friendly to a wider Disney demographic.

It should be noted that we aren't complaining because we are trying to take pot shots at Disney. To the contrary, we want to see this succeed. But we think they'll need to make some changes to make that happen.

There will be a LOT of attention on DCA as Cars Land opens. Why give the media a hook for a negative story (like a drug/gang inspired dance party) when there is so much else in the park you want folks to notice (like Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and the major cosmetic changes to the park).
    I actually find the costumes very creative and not out of sync with Disney. This is a very modern club take on Alice I think. :0) Let it go through the summer and see how it goes, THEN they can get guest feedback and see if any changes need to be made.
    • |

Glad to see Disney is keeping with the "T" theme and offering colorful crack look-a-likes (see rock candy) along with other bagged treats. The disregard for obvious parallels to the drug scene is OUTSTANDING!

As for the "Three Stooges" movie promos all over the rides, keep in mind that when a studio doesn't have much faith in a movie, they'll market the HECK out of it in LOTS of cheap ways! Looks like they think this movie will be a HUGE dud! I tend to agree!
    • |
    For the life of me, I cannot understand the issues with the Mad T Party costumes. They look pretty cool to me. I mean, "drug induced rave"... c'mon. The whole concept of GlowFest/ElecTRONica/Mad T Party... it's all based on club culture because it's basically acting as one big club. Let alone this one is based on Alice in Wonderland, particularly Tim Burton's. Don't know how you can do the thing without some sort of indirect drug reference. Hell, Disney's version is still one big acid trip. As for the costumes, I see nothing but the typical references to current fashion trends really. You want to talk about bad costume design...look no further than the crap in that Disney365 shop, let alone that Disney Channel rocks show or Disney Dance Crew. I see no problem with Mad T Party.
    • |
    Tron may be a family friendly theme, but I never saw anything particularly family friendly about ElecTRONica. Then again, I tried to see as little of it as possible. But, yeah, my first reaction to Mad costumes was that they look like the result of a Phish concert with a bad case of diarrhea.