Blog Comments

• |
    We were at Knott's on Tuesday (yes, we bought an annual pass) and were very pleasantly surprised how clean the park was. We had not been there in at least 5 years and left disgusted then. We didn't even really notice the music. For the most part, the upkeep on the rides and show buildings was pretty nice. There are a few elements that we didn't like, this is definetly not a Disney park and it shows, but compared to Great America, this park is the crown jewel! Very happy to have a pass there, we will definetly be back a time or two before our passes expire at the end of the year. We will have to listen to the music a little closer, but nothing was really blaring or out of place to us. On another note....Windseeker, all I can say is wow!!!! The spinning didn't get me, but the height was a little much. Fun ride, line was pretty short, but it's definetly at least a once in your life ride!!!!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by SolidWorks Mike
    In regards to those discount tickets and passes, if you buy one of the pass deals from them, will the pass time period begin the day you buy it, or the first day you go to the parks to activate it? For example if I were to buy one this week, but not get to the parks until next month, when would it expire next year? June or July? If the clock on the pass doesn't start ticking until it's activated at the park, is there a time limit on how long I can hold onto the purchased pass before activating it?
    Howdy Mike,

I just called Discount Tickets and Tours and they lady on the phone says you have until the end of the year to use the voucher. So, if your pass expires before the end of 2012, you should be good to pick up one of these discounted vouchers while they are still available.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHeimbuch

Just a question...is it me, or is this new billboard off?

Take a look at the guy all the way to the left. That whole last section is repeated for some reason (I only noticed because he has TWO backs)

The right side also goes outside the trim.

That's weird, right?? Quality control, anyone?
    Great catch Jeff. It is totally off. Like they duplicated the left hand side to fill in the frame without realizing that the right hand side went over the frame by the same amount of space.

I'd imagine it won't take them long to print out a new billboard now that you've brought this to the world's attention. It should be a quick and easy fix.
    • |

Just a question...is it me, or is this new billboard off?

Take a look at the guy all the way to the left. That whole last section is repeated for some reason (I only noticed because he has TWO backs)

The right side also goes outside the trim.

That's weird, right?? Quality control, anyone?
    • |
    Manta ride looks wonderful cannot wait to go!
    • |
    Excellent update!
    • |
    I'm SO happy that they've fixed the Ghost Town music! Thanks to In the Parks for "keeping the heat on" about the inappropriate music they were using! I already have a Knott's pass, I guess I need to make a visit in honor of the change!

Ya'll are a little behind on Ghiradelli, the walls came down yesterday! The Disney Parks Blog posted pics of it without the walls. Looks nice, can't wait to step inside and indulge!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by DisW
    But then the designers are not literal-minded enough when it comes to the Buena Vista street, so they don't mind a lack of height separation between the level of the street and the level of the sidewalks. That's one choice that's embedded (literally) in stone (or asphalt and brick), since changing the design in the future would require the "street" (and the train tracks) be torn out and redone. Or if they tried to raise the height of the sidewalks instead of the street, they'd have to raise the height of the buildings and their doorways. Ain't gonna happen.
    I'm a little confused. When I look at the photos, I can clearly see curbs and a normal height separation between the street and the sidewalks, just like on Main Street.
    • |
    Would've been nice if you would've taken some interior photos of the Cove bar. Disneyland Live did. You kinda missed something big there...
    • |
    In regards to those discount tickets and passes, if you buy one of the pass deals from them, will the pass time period begin the day you buy it, or the first day you go to the parks to activate it? For example if I were to buy one this week, but not get to the parks until next month, when would it expire next year? June or July? If the clock on the pass doesn't start ticking until it's activated at the park, is there a time limit on how long I can hold onto the purchased pass before activating it?
    • |
    It's ironic that the designers at Disney are overly literal-minded when they probably shouldn't be and not literal-minded enough when they should be. So they love being very literal when it comes to ensuring the theme of a dusty backwater town in the southwest of America includes fake wood power poles and wires, and cheesy multi-colored pennants (often seen above used-car lots) in Cars Land. It's even more ironic because power poles are an eyesore that the surrounding city of Anaheim for several years has been gradually trying to get rid of from its many streets.

But then the designers are not literal-minded enough when it comes to the Buena Vista street, so they don't mind a lack of height separation between the level of the street and the level of the sidewalks. That's one choice that's embedded (literally) in stone (or asphalt and brick), since changing the design in the future would require the "street" (and the train tracks) be torn out and redone. Or if they tried to raise the height of the sidewalks instead of the street, they'd have to raise the height of the buildings and their doorways. Ain't gonna happen. Not much better, they also allow modern floodlights to sit above the traditional street lamps.

It's like the ghost of DCA Past refuses to go away peacefully and continues to haunt the park.
    • |
    Great update and I have to agree about the second half of Manta... very disappointing. The back half looks like it was installed in my grandma's old backyard at her house in Victorville.
    • |
    Great report, as always. I really appreciate it!
    Updated 06-01-2012 at 07:59 AM by EpTxGuy
    • |
    Anyboby know if Cars Land will have a soft opening?
    • |
    Great report!
    • |
    Thank you for your efforts to change Knott's Ghost Town music, Dusty, Fishbulb, Andy C., reader James, leader Raffi, & (if involved) Matt O.!

We'll keep our pledge and get new (ridiculously underpriced) Season Passes again, once we believe this music improvement is at least semi-permanent.
    Updated 06-01-2012 at 08:16 AM by jcruise86
    • |
    Great thanks
    anyone have a extra set of manta sunglasses ��
    • |
    Pleased to see Knott's change the Ghost Town music. It is an acceptable compromise. I'm looking forward to visiting next summer with the family on our SoCal trip, and will be sure to drop some good money on Peanuts merchandise. If only they could now change the Fiesta Village music to Mexican. Mariachi is famously upbeat!

No love for Legoland? They opened a new ride last week, Pirate Reef, but no coverage from In the Parks. I guess you guys can't be everywhere but hopefully somebody can give a report one of these weeks.

Thanks!
    • |
    Great Job!
    • |
    Great Update!!!!
Page 2 of 308 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast