Blog Comments

• |
    I going to UNi soon, so Transformers is going on my ride list. (Along with my mourning and condolences to BTTF and ET.)

Timekeeper
    • |
    I am willing to take the Micechat pledge.
    • |
    awesome update! thanks for the discount ticket info. $150 increase for a premuim pass, OUCH!
    • |
    Buena Vista Bugle? AWESOME! I wonder what kind of newspaper they'll be handing out...
    • |

New Carnation Cafe sign installed.
    • |
    I also wanted to say GREAT update, and I also am happy to see the price listings for other Southern California attractions. My husband and I are taking our two kids far away to Ohio next Summer, and I am truly bummed to be leaving behind my So Cali and my Disneyland (but I am BEYOND excited to move and try something else, and espcially to leave Vegas. Born and raised, ready to try something new.) I would have rather moved to California, but it really wouldn't have been much of a change from here, plus; I don't know how ya'll afford it! lol

ANYWHO, again thanks, because now maybe instead of renewing the Disney pass, we'll just start going to the other offerings for the year we have left out West.

Quote Originally Posted by 14 MPH
    Thanks SO MUCH for the Discount Tickets and Tours link. I was dreading having to pay the 150$ upcharge once my pass expired. I was able to order my pass for next year and Lock-in the old rate. What's great too is i don't have to redeem until the end of the year.
    On the link talked about here, does anyone know how long you have to activate the pass, or if Disney will make you pay the difference once you go in to activate it?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by DizMiiLand
    I will be a desenting opinion and say the price increases are welcomed and well overdue, and I hope they do that same thing again next year. The parks are grossly over-crowded, especially during times they have historically not been so, like Sunday evenings, etc.

Of course, I come to Disneyland from out-of-state and my point of view would not be the same as locals; people who can drive a couple hours give or take. When I come it costs a fortune in travel, lodging, and meals. So I hope the crowd reduces a little.

But, it should be remembered that impact won't be immediate and I am surprised Disney waited so long to do this. It will take 12 full months for the impact to cycle. And, it will surely change crowd patterns even if the numbers of APs does not reduce significantly. I wonder if very many of the premium passholders will buy deluxe instead, and so forth?

Will be interesting to see.

Can't wait to eat at Carnation.
    I'm not sure too much if the price jump will control crowds as much as people think, with the So Cal Pass prices barely going up, and So Cal ticket prices remaining the same. I am noticing however that the price increase for the "blackout day" ticket is pretty high now, at $70. (Wasn't it only $40 not too long ago?) That MAY help Summer crowds, as I know So Cal's are blocked out most of the summer, but the higher priced So Cal isn't blocked out nearly as much in June. The Cali folk got it REAL easy, which doesn't make sense to me, as they have a better chance of using the 170/215 days, then we do using the 315/365 living farther away. You're right though, it will take time to see the effect anyhow, seeing as most people are still locked in at the previous prices.
    • |
    I let my Disneyland AP expire when it it was up for renewal in October, for a few reasons: having become disenchanted by the parks lately, being several hours away and not the least of which was I didn't see it as economically sensible anymore (only went the equivalent of three two-day parkhoppers with my last AP)--I'd just rather save that money for other things. It's certainly not sensible now!--not even Deluxe. I'd expect a more realistic price increase for the AP I had to be from $499 to something like $519. It makes the $439 I spent in October 2010 seem like a steal.

Suggestion #3 this week's update gave for dealing with the price increases is especially inviting: I might just make a SoCal trip this summer, although I wasn't really planning to this year, and hit up some of the other parks I haven't been to in a few years. Knott's: last time was 2006; Universal; 2008.
    • |
    I already have a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass, but I fully support the movement to get the proper music in Ghost Town. It is rather incredible that they couldn't at least play western-ish music in just that area. In the rest of the park can play whateve they'd like (sure it would be nice to have appropriate music throughout the park but we have to pick our battles), just fix the Ghost Town issue and that will go a long way.
    • |
    Looks like we missed the walls coming down by a week! Thanks for sharing so we can live vicariously through the photos though!

And I'm glad the prices of the Carthay are comparable to Blue Bayou. I was worried it was going to be too pricey, based on the hype it's getting. We'll try it at least once I'm sure!
    • |
    Ugh! I HATE Perilous Plunge! It's always down and when it IS open, it sprays water all over the queue and creates a huge mess. It also has NO aesthetically pleasing details whatsoever. This area could easily house 3 flat rides or 2 other major rides. Let's hope they do something about this!
    • |
    Fishbulb has posted some great pictures of the new Carthay Circle fountain on the MiceChat forums: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ta-street.html

The sign lettering seems to have been corrected over night. Looks much better!

What a beautiful fountain. Buena Vista Street is absolutely beautiful so far. Can't wait for the rest of the walls to come down.
    • |
    The Carthay Circle was also where "Fantasia" had its West Coast premiere in late January 1941.
    • |
    Love love LOVE this update! I'm one of those who now realize it doesn't make sense to renew my AP for me and the 2 kids. Good to see the other parks are competing for my business!
    • |
    I will be a desenting opinion and say the price increases are welcomed and well overdue, and I hope they do that same thing again next year. The parks are grossly over-crowded, especially during times they have historically not been so, like Sunday evenings, etc.

Of course, I come to Disneyland from out-of-state and my point of view would not be the same as locals; people who can drive a couple hours give or take. When I come it costs a fortune in travel, lodging, and meals. So I hope the crowd reduces a little.

But, it should be remembered that impact won't be immediate and I am surprised Disney waited so long to do this. It will take 12 full months for the impact to cycle. And, it will surely change crowd patterns even if the numbers of APs does not reduce significantly. I wonder if very many of the premium passholders will buy deluxe instead, and so forth?

Will be interesting to see.

Can't wait to eat at Carnation.
    • |
    Awesome update as always!! Carthay and the Matterhorn -- so fantastic!!!

Is there anyway to get night time shots of Buena Vista Street?
    • |
    Thanks SO MUCH for the Discount Tickets and Tours link. I was dreading having to pay the 150$ upcharge once my pass expired. I was able to order my pass for next year and Lock-in the old rate. What's great too is i don't have to redeem until the end of the year.
    • |
    @Phil454 Thanks for the info!
    • |
    The Cove bar reopens tomorrow.
    • |
    Outstanding update! Thank you!
    Excellent listing of other parks' prices!
    We beat the price increase for Disneyland Deluxe APs and will use them in the fall,
    but after they expire in the fall of 2013, we will get Knott's Season Passes
    in the fall of 2013, if and only if, they change the music in Ghost Town.
    So we've taken the Micechat Pledge, but could you turn this into an actual petition and get 1,000 to 10,000+ to "sign" it? Maybe change the name to "The Ghost Town Music Pledge" so Mouseplanet, Theme Park Review, and others could join in as well.

The Bumblebee walk around character looks cool!

Let's hear it for family coasters! Enough with making us ill and catering mostly to teens.
    Long live Manta, Jaguar, and Big Thunder!

And, of course, I "liked" Knott's Scary Farm, as instructed.