Blog Comments

• |
    Awesome update!
    • |
    Great thanks
    what about the podcast
    • |
    Excellent update! The Carthay looks fantastic!
    • |
    If Knott's changes its Ghost Town soundtrack to something thematically appropriate, then I will definitely visit next summer with my family of four and buy a bunch of Peanuts merchandise. If there's no change in the soundtrack, then no visit to Knott's.
    • |
    its a wonderful time to be a theme park fan in southern California! Great update!!
    • |
    Great Update!!!!
    • |
    Just noticed yesterday that if you walk near the smoking area outside Flynn's / Mad Arcade the wood covering the windows was down and i could just barely see inside
    • |
    I took that same photo of the construction at Carnation Plaza Gardens with the tractor and the tacky facade by sticking my camera under the service door with the big gap at the bottom.
    But beware, the CMs are looking out for people doing that. I got busted by a Custodian, of all people. He made me delete the pic I took.
    • |
    @dgpollard: I'm fairly certain they've actually already started adding powerlines! You can see them here: Magic Eye: Less Than A Month Away
    • |
    Thanks! Love the photos...
    • |
    McDonald's has Sea World coupons that allow you to save $20 online and $15 at the gate. You have to be a resident of Southern California to use them.
    • |
    The apple fritters from Royal Street Veranda are nothing more than balls of stale bread with dried-up apple paste inside. The mac and cheese hot dog is pretty good, though.
    • |
    Great update as always!.. Is good to see a Disney princess with the name of my home town (Or perhaps it is my hometown the one that has taken the name of an older Disney princess?? ) Anyway...It is a good thing!
    Updated 05-18-2012 at 08:59 AM by Irving (Gramatical correction)
    • |
    ^ I'm sure the curbs were lowered in the center diamond on BVS to reduce tripping hazards at closing or during peak times when floods of people are heading straight to the gates.

I have a question though: does anyone know if there are plans to turn back on the waterfalls at the splashdown for the Matterhorn? These falls have been off for so long and they look great in vintage photos when they were running...
    • |
    Thank you for the wonderful update! I am sure that the pictures do not do it justice!

I am curious about a couple of things:

1) In the Buena Vista Street "tree / sitting area / flag pole hub" at the entrance, why aren't the side walk curbs elevated to the same height as that of the side walks just across the street where the buildings are? Is it because of current "building code / accessibility" issues? I think it looks a little off.

2) In Cars Land, on "Route 66", are the "power poles" going to remain power-line free or will they be added in? This too will look little off because why even place the "transformer boxes", etc. if there is no physical "power-lines" connecting to them?

I know these are pesty little details, but I can't help myself.....I am a professional Architectural Designer!

Overall, Disney California Adventure will now at least be in the same league as Disneyland. I can't wait to take my family there in September!
    • |
    I have to agree. The landscaping around Manta looks totally unfinished. It still looks like a construction site and it's supposed to be opening next week? Hopefully it all comes together.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    That was one of my all-time favorite updates! Thank you!
    • |
    unfortunately, the registration for the Fantasmic event ended for all dates on May 10....there is no way to register for it now. The tickets booths cannot add anymore AP's to the remaining events.
    Updated 05-18-2012 at 05:24 AM by dizneybeep (spelling)
    • |
    Thanks