Blog Comments

• |
    Excellent update!
    • |
    Still wish BVS would have some kind of attraction, especially in the Carthay Circle Theater. I would have loved to see a rotating set of exhibitions like they did a few years ago in the Animation Building with Snow White. Historical shows like that would give BVS greater context and sense of time. Oh well...
    • |
    Nice update! I don't think you have to worry about the sun reflection on the projection screen. If you watch the video he says "Suddenly after the show our show doors will open". They need to be closed in the first place in order to open
    • |
    Great Update!!!!
    • |
    I was just at Knott's on Sunday for Mother's Day, and Windseeker was open. It was my first time on it, and it's a pretty good ride!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by makhbff
    You say Coachella like its a bad thing, millions of people love Coachella, have you even been?

Enough with the meth and now acid references, you're really over thinking and it trying to get people to see it in a negative way. Regular guests are not going to look into it like that, they are gonna see Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland.

But if there is an issue with the theme, then the source material and Lewis Carol are to blame in the first place.
    This.
    • |
    Hey I was at a private party at Knott's last night and Windseeker was working. So that part must not be necessary for it's operation, just maybe for the overall experience. Sorry I didn't think to get any pictures but I promise it was operational and people were on it lol. There was an issue with the lights on the underside of the ride though, one of the masts wasn't following along with the same light show the rest of them were being dark for most of the time with one or two small sets of lights on. And being at Callico and hearing the music it really is distracting. They could at least get up beat country music instead top 40 hits, I think that would a long way and would be an easy fix in the short term and a compromise to Knott's who wants that "Up-Beat" kind of music.
    • |
    It's a different sign. Some of the details are different...similar but different. I think it's good it's a different sign. It shows how much of a complete "reset" this is for DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Certainly looks like it could be, just a different color obviously.

From February:
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by makhbff
    You say Coachella like its a bad thing, millions of people love Coachella, have you even been?

Enough with the meth and now acid references, you're really over thinking and it trying to get people to see it in a negative way. Regular guests are not going to look into it like that, they are gonna see Tim Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland.

But if there is an issue with the theme, then the source material and Lewis Carol are to blame in the first place.
    I agree enough with the negative comments
    • |
    Curious about what's going on behind the construction/destruction of the former Carnation Plaza Gardens? Well, if you walk along the path on the west side of the castle, there is a service door with a 5" - 6" inch gap underneath. So stick your camera or cell phone under and snap away. You'll be amazed at what's being torn up.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971

Is this the same sign that was on the original Candy Shop at Sunshine Plaza?
    Certainly looks like it could be, just a different color obviously.

From February:
    • |
    [IMG]http://www.miceshots.com/usr/65/4201IMG_0670.jpg[/IMG]

Is this the same sign that was on the original Candy Shop at Sunshine Plaza?
    • |
    Great pics & info!! Thanks!
    • |
    Great to see Disney WED/WDI Legend Orlando Ferrante and Wayne Jackson supporting Alice Davis in the Mainstreet crowd. I'm sure her husband Marc is chuckling.
    Updated 05-11-2012 at 11:16 AM by DisWedWay
    • |
    THANKS for another excellent update! Please keep mentioning the Ghost Town music. It's the Knott's equivalent of the giant hand and ugly sign above & around EPCOT's Spaceship Earth that was eventually removed. It is the birthday cake surrounding Cinderella's castle.

And, yeah, Manta should and probably will get better landscaping.

Love the love for Alice on Main Street!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHopper
    I'm so excited...I look at these updates everyday but now I'm moving to the LA area so I can see the updates in person! Question...I want to finally go to Haunt at Knott's Berry Farm. If I buy a season pass to Knott's does that include Haunt or is that an extra ticket at night on those days?
    Cant wait to have you join us on Sept for Haunt! Unfortunately, Haunt is NOT included along with your season pass ticket because it is a hard, ticketed event. In particular, our event will have many of the perks and behind the scenes access that you would not normally be able to get on your own.

We they to keep our event as reasonably priced as possible because, we think the event should be scary, not the prices.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHopper
    I'm so excited...I look at these updates everyday but now I'm moving to the LA area so I can see the updates in person! Question...I want to finally go to Haunt at Knott's Berry Farm. If I buy a season pass to Knott's does that include Haunt or is that an extra ticket at night on those days?
    Haunt is a totally separate ticket. With a Season Pass you do get a discount on some nights.

But if you want to do the full Haunt experience including the dinner, great perks and hanging out with a great group of people, I strongly suggest you do the Nights of Horror!!!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by simaand
    Knott's will consider them here as well? Heh you meant Six Flags MM ... BTW Great update as always... Thank you!
    HA!!! Busted!!!

(I fixed it)

But to be fair, Knott's could also get these trains for Montezooma's Revenge (not that there is anything wrong with those trains since that park takes such good care of that ride).
    • |
    • |
    Great update, as always. Congrats to Alice Davis. Loved seeing her at the first D23 Expo. I don't usually post on these things, but had to in order to give a shout-out to the Sunrise to Sunrise ebook. I just ordered it and briefly glanced through it. $6 well spent! Hope to see more of these...

Thanks to all the MiceAge/MiceChat team! These daily updates and articles are greatly appreciated by this Disneyland addict in Utah.
Page 5 of 308 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast