Blog Comments

• |
    So in this Candy Palace/Penny Arcade expansion will we lose the beautiful Orchestrion in the back of the Penny Arcade? I certainly hope not. That is a beautiful instrument and is an incredible piece of Disneyland history.
    • |
    Six Flags New England!
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    For the trivia question: Deja Vu is rumored to be relocated to Six Flags New England this off-season.

By the way, great update, as usual! I look forward to In The Parks every week!
    • |
    Windseeker is awesome. Simple yet breathtaking. I will go on it again and again.

As far as Deja Vu goes; I think it is an incredible roller coaster. It is a favorite I could ride again and again. I understand the low ride capacity, but why take out such an awesome attraction? I will really miss this one!
    • |
    Oh my gosh that scares me! I only rode Silly Symphony Swings for the first time this year! However my husband has been known to jump from things with bungee cords around his waist, so he will love wind seeker! Great update, as always!!
    • |
    Maybe Knott's could hire retired Disney "King of the Agers" Steve Borrowitz to come in and do some of his ageing and finishes Magic on the newly painted facades. Disneyland never had aging until 1978 when Master Bob Jolly introduced rusts and runs to a wall near the newly in construction Big Thunder. PD
    Updated 08-26-2011 at 10:11 PM by DisWedWay
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsbeau
    Great update as usual. I still have issue with Disney keeping DCA open while it basically rebuilds it. It is tacky and if I were paying a full admission price, I would be very disappointed and complain to management. This to me is very Un-Disney. Would Disney really lose that much money if they shut the park down during the construction? IMHO.
    Yes, the company would lose a LOT of money and thousands would be out of their jobs.

There are still many worthwhile attractions and shows open like:
    The World of Color,
    CA Screamin,
    Soarin'
    the Grizzly River Run,
    the Aladdin show,
    It's Tough to be a Bug
    Mickey's Fun in the Sun Coney Island Wonder Wheel
    The Little Mermaid with Big Hair ride
    the whole animation building,
    Toy Story Mania, etc.

Construction isn't "tacky," it's progress. And I hope Disneyland is never finished. If it is, it will truly be finished.
    • |
    Personally, I hate the new gaudy paint job on Knott's Fiesta Village. It looks tacky as hell.

(Then again, what do you expect from a company that took out the historic Church of the Reflections, razed the nearby peaceful lake, and replaced it with yet another giant steel coaster?)
    • |
    Love the Zebra on the knott's Carousel. That's a first for me. What animals would be on an Animal Kingdom Carousel? PD
    • |
    As a non-CA-resident I'd be very upset if DCA was closed during the rare times I get to visit the parks (every 2 years or so). Just returned from our latest visit and got to enjoy Soarin (repeatedly), Screamin, Monsters, Muppets, Mermaid, T of T, and WOC. Would've been much less of an experience without these; in fact, if I'd thought Soarin would be closed, I wouldn't have gone at all.
    • |
    six flags new england
    • |
    As always an excellent job, although I will be thrilled once Halloween is done and over.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsbeau
    Great update as usual. I still have issue with Disney keeping DCA open while it basically rebuilds it. It is tacky and if I were paying a full admission price, I would be very disappointed and complain to management. This to me is very Un-Disney. Would Disney really lose that much money if they shut the park down during the construction? IMHO.
    Personally I don't feel like the construction is anymore of an inconvenience / eyesore than when I visited Magic Kingdom a few weeks ago and saw the Fantasyland construction. There's probably a good amount of people who feel the same.

Then again, I'm a pass holder, and I don't know anyone who's ever paid for a 1-day 1-park for DCA. Maybe they would feel otherwise. I don't think Disney should close the park, but probably do a better job of advertising it to out-of-towners so there's no disappointment.
    • |
    • |
    As for Windseeker, it looks truly excellent! I'll have to see if I can get my chubby bottom on that ride. LOL!

Thanks as always for the great "in the parks" write up!
    Updated 08-26-2011 at 10:02 AM by Fishbulb
    • |
    Windseeker looks awesome.

But a 52" height requirement? This looks like a great family ride, that families with young kids won't get to ride together unfortunately.
    • |
    The Pavillion's kitchen was redone about 3 years ago when nomk shutdown. Not much is being done to kitchen except reconnecting the front of the restaurant with thE kitchen. Definitely would be nice to see the terrace open although as of now this kitchen is only connected to it by a tiny emergency exit hallway.
    • |
    Six Flags New England!

You wrote, ". . . they use licensed clips from such highly recognizable songs as the John Williams Superman theme or his other theme from the Harry Potter films. It would have been a very simple thing to select movie themes from more "southwestern" films. As it stands now hearing the theme from E.T. playing steps away from the Mayan pyramid of Jaguar just doesn't work. " When I've (frequently) visited Knott's SW section this year, I've never felt magically transported to the SW. I'm not suggesting they just quit on the SW theme, and it might be cool if the music met riders as they rose up, but I think they made the right decision in making Windseeker as "uplifting" as possible. Hard to beat John William's Superman, ET and Harry Potter music when coming up with familiar flying music. Just curious, what specific SW music do you think would be better for Windseeker?

The loss of shade trees at a theme park is always a bad thing. Cedar Point has lost some beauties over the years as giant coasters have displaced them.

I hope VIP seating and front-of-the-line passes for Knott's Scary Farm won't make it too $$$$ for me. A BMW might be a great VALUE, but I still can't afford one. And (just to state my preference) I hope the Maze Death March is given priority (i.e. done earlier) than shows like the magician's. At Universal and Knott's last year, I found passing teens waiting in long lines with my Micechat front-of-the-line passes unpleasant encounters with class anxiety. "It's just you"? I hope not.

But I am VERY, VERY grateful that Norm & Dusty put in so much excellent work to lead these events I look forward to all year. I hope that expressing my preferences didn't seem rude.
    Updated 08-26-2011 at 07:03 AM by jcruise86
    • |
    six flags new england