Blog Comments

• |
    A lot of excitement headed towards the parks this upcoming year. Perhaps someday, somehow, there will be a day we can visit the parks and there won't be a even a blip of construction going on in either park... lol. You have to sort of look at Disney's construction walls like you look at gas prices. slowly but surely, the will make us more accustomed to their raising presence...

Good update though. Very thorough as always.

Fish - that cell phone drop had me convinced for a god half second or so. Well played

Thanks for brightening up my Friday morning!
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Is there any word when the Matterhorn will close in the winter? I'm hoping mid January...
    • |
    fishbulb, how was windseeker? lol you scared me that video clip.
    • |
    The lack of trees and incongruous movie music at WindSeeker is par for the course with Cedar Fair. They simply don't care about those sort of things. Fortunately Knott's seems to be able to assert itself more than the other CF parks in terms of the surrounding area decor and a uniquely themed sign and queue. There are some really great people working at Knott's and the other parks. I just wish they were able to control what happens to their respective parks a bit more.
    • |
    The backside of Cars Land's rock work needs to be covered up. Hopefully it isn't a rushed job and it looks decent.
    • |
    My intolerance for the word being used in America withstanding, did they seriously call the line in the Emporium a queue??? Nice report though.
    • |
    Hey Everybody, the winner of last weeks SFMM Trivia Question is ...

Crazee4mm

Giveaway question answer:

Psychlone, Terminator Salvation: The Ride, Apocalypse, Sarajevo Bobsleds (I have an old rusty button of that one!), and wasn't Shock Wave (the first stand up coaster) there too? Might also include the train that used to travel around the Spillikin Corners "land" as well.,
    Congrats!!!

I will be posting another question for this week. Also, FYI, I have yet to hear back from the first two winners of the contest, please contact me ASAP or we may be forced to hold a few more weeks of contests.
    • |
    Great reporting. Cant wait for haunt! And hopefully universal studios as well. Best season ever!!!
    • |
    The other night, I'm pretty sure I saw Wind-seeker testing with it's lights on. It looked pink aha.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb
    Hey Slakker,

It depends on what the scare threshold is for those teenagers and how much money you want to spend.

Knott's is the original Halloween experience with a total of 13 different haunted attractions on top of a bunch of scare zones. They have a variety of mazes, from spooky to terrifying. The earlier you go in the run, the more you can see. I would rate this one a strong PG-13 or light R.

Universal is a smaller park but the scares are far more intense. There are 6 mazes, the amazing Terror Tram, and a variety of shows and scare zones. The mazes are far more graphic and bloody. Because of the limited space at the park wait times for the mazes can sometimes reach the 2hr mark on busy nights so it is an absolute MUST that you get the A-Gate (front of the line pass) ticket. The A-Gate pass will add roughly $35 dollars to each ticket you purchase and they limit the number of A-Gates that they sell a night. I would rate this a very R rated event.
    Thank you so much Fishbulb! That is great information. It sounds like for the price and it being our first time, Knotts will be the right choice. We are going to try to go the last week of September. Get there while the prices are reasonable.

Thanks again.
    • |
    I'll be glad when Halloween is over. I am not a fan of the haunt-type attractions.
    • |
    Hey Slakker,

It depends on what the scare threshold is for those teenagers and how much money you want to spend.

Knott's is the original Halloween experience with a total of 13 different haunted attractions on top of a bunch of scare zones. They have a variety of mazes, from spooky to terrifying. The earlier you go in the run, the more you can see. I would rate this one a strong PG-13 or light R.

Universal is a smaller park but the scares are far more intense. There are 6 mazes, the amazing Terror Tram, and a variety of shows and scare zones. The mazes are far more graphic and bloody. Because of the limited space at the park wait times for the mazes can sometimes reach the 2hr mark on busy nights so it is an absolute MUST that you get the A-Gate (front of the line pass) ticket. The A-Gate pass will add roughly $35 dollars to each ticket you purchase and they limit the number of A-Gates that they sell a night. I would rate this a very R rated event.
    • |
    I need some advice. Knots or Universal for Halloween? We will be making a trip down with a bunch of teenagers. We have never been to either.

Thanks!
    • |
    Wow, amazing interview. Never been to Universal for Halloween but I refuse to miss this one!!
    Completely agree on both points. Thanks for the report!
    • |
    I think I know that person who is auditioning for Knott's Scary Farm.

Anyways, A Great Update As Always.

Timekeeper
    • |
    Great interview with Murdy! I'm dying to go back to HHN.
    • |
    i will be at the d23 expo
    • |
    You guys are way too brave! I can not do that horror stuff. Perhaps I should gather up some courage and give it a try this year
    • |
    I noticed last Sunday that Monstro's chipping paint has been fixed.