Blog Comments

• |
    I wonder why there is no mention of the Annual Passholder soft opening of Carsland and Buena Vista Street. Disney is holding a sweepstakes open to passholders only. Those selected will get a sneak peek of both lands on June 11th.
    And I'm bummed to find out that access to Club 1901, Carthay Circle Theater's private club, is only going to be open to Club 33 members. It's virtually impossible to become a member of Club 33. Now the newest private club is even farther off limits.
    • |
    Thank you for the awesome update as always!
    • |
    Gotta say Im really sad about the Penny Arcade.... The details look amazing, and I am very satisfied with the upgrades in detailing and the sparkling overall look. Love the popcorn lights inside, as this just makes it look so magical even in a photo. WOW. I cant wait to see it. I am afraid that I may get sick when I go in the Penny Arcade, if I dont recognize it, or if it is really chopped and screwed. Miss the elephant could care less about seating. I'd rather see an elephant. I suppose if we make some noise they may bring it back somewhere.
    • |
    Question. Why is there a separate water fall under the Matterhorn bridge? Why isn't it a full water fall that begins at the very top?

Sad about the glass elephant.
    • |
    Great Update! I like the design interior of the Gibson Girl, as the artist was an American Art Nouveau artist, plus the detail for the Gibson Girl/Candy Place/Penny Arcade Complex reminds me of the detail of DLP and TDL. I hope the Jade Elephant gets moved to someplace in DLR like Paradise Pier or to WDW's new Storybook Circus.

Timekeeper
    • |
    Is the Main Street Mocha Sundae no longer on the menu at Gibson Girl? If so, they're at serious risk of losing my business. Not out of spite by any means, but because that was the one menu item that interested me enough to go there to begin with. I take it you could recreate an equivalent with various toppings and add-ins, but almost certainly at a price premium.
    • |
    Just an FYI about the house before Wisteria Lane. Our tour guide said it is being reconfigured for a new "The Munsters" movie
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by churrocharlie
    I really studied the Matterhorn pics. What type of restraint is it, a lap bar or seat belt? My husband is 7 feet tall and has never been able to ride Space Mountain, I'm hoping this won't happen with the Matterhorn as well.
    Unfortunately most likely he will not be able to ride the new Matterhorn. The seats are more condensed just like Splash Mountain, there is far less leg room than before.
    • |
    Thanks for the kind words on the eBook, guys!!!
    • |
    I think the pics of the Matterhorn, as viewed from far away like the DCA 'looking north' pic, are sooooo cool! It really reminds me of how it looked in the 60's. It's like Disneyland has the same profile now as the 60's. Just really impressed with how much love and attention DL is getting.
    • |
    Updated 05-04-2012 at 09:22 AM by makhbff
    • |
    I really studied the Matterhorn pics. What type of restraint is it, a lap bar or seat belt? My husband is 7 feet tall and has never been able to ride Space Mountain, I'm hoping this won't happen with the Matterhorn as well.
    • |
    Nice update..all looks great at DLR. Thank goodness the dancing Pinocchio is still there!
    • |
    Great update!

I wonder if a 3x larger kitchen in the Candy Palace will equal 3x as many candy canes this holiday season? I've never been able to purchase one - would be great if they were a bit more accessible.
    • |
    Great update everyone. Really appreciate the contributions of Ron Esposito and reader Ron.

The Matterhorn really does look amazing. Much more forbidding and dramatic looking. What a huge project to repaint the whole thing. I also like the new sleds. Can't wait for this attraction to reopen.

Also, that tree falling in DCA was such a strange thing. It wasn't an old tree. There was no reason to believe that it was unsound. I sure hope Disney doesn't get cold feet about shade trees in guest areas. I guess any tree is a possible risk for losing limbs, but the shade and ambiance is essential to creating welcoming environments. Let's cross our fingers that the Disney lawyers don't get out of control as they have on so many other issues.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Excellent update!
    • |
    Great Update!!!!
    • |
    Good Update as always and as a former Meth user which by the way i've been clean for 2 years it is known as "T"
    • |
    I love the construction around DCA, but mad T party looks like such a bummer
    really disney? you could do better than that. It looks so tacky and pretentious...
Page 7 of 308 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast