Blog Comments

• |
    Just returned from my trip, and I think I can honestly say racers is bar-none the best attraction at the resort now. Incredible show, incredible thrill, and completely immersive. The only fault I could find with it was that I noticed the ceiling tiles in one of the show scenes.... if that's all I could find to gripe about, I'd say they did a pretty amazing job with it!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Hughes
    I've said this before and I'll say it again and again...Disney California Adventure will be THE BEST second gate Disney theme park in the world. More fun, exciting and entertaining than Epcot or Tokyo Disney Seas.
    And the early reviews are in. Radiator Springs Racers is THE BEST Disney ride ever.
    Have you actually BEEN to Tokyo DisneySea (no "s" at the end)?
    • |
    I have a couple things to say:

First off: I'm FURIOUS that Disney is closing DCA on the day they promised us the park for Grad Nite! This is false advertising, if you ask me.

Second: IS THAT CHUCK NORRIS?!?!?!
    • |
    Thanks for the update Andy!
    • |
    Wonderful update! I'm really excited to see all this stuff in person soon!

Also...I couldn't help but notice on the Red Car Trolley signs, that there will apparently be no disco dancing on this attraction either. So sad.....
    • |
    Great Update!

Timekeeper
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Just FYI , the "Lights Camera Breakfast" billboard in Hollywood has been there for a number of years already
    • |
    Outstanding job!!! I honestly feel like I'm ready to burst with anticipation with all of the wonderful new things that especially DCA has to offer. I barely even recognize it anymore. What an upgrade!!! 13 DAYS 'TILL I LEAVE!!!!!
    • |
    I've said this before and I'll say it again and again...Disney California Adventure will be THE BEST second gate Disney theme park in the world. More fun, exciting and entertaining than Epcot or Tokyo Disney Seas.
    And the early reviews are in. Radiator Springs Racers is THE BEST Disney ride ever.
    I'm sorry to say, Disney Sea is the best theme park in the world by far, California Adventure wouldn't ever be competition even if they invested another billion dollars. If by some miracle DCA got 3 billion dollars extra worth of additions, it still would fall short due to the inferior theme, layout, cohesiveness, and customer service.

I also think you are severely overvaluing Radiator Springs Racers and may be setting yourself up for disappointment. Journey to the Center of the Earth will continue to hold that title, guaranteed. There is no doubt DCA has stepped up its game, but to compare them is quite a stretch.
    Updated 06-04-2012 at 02:49 PM by Seawolf
    • |
    i'm wishng, i 'm wishing ....that the Carthay Circle would be a venue for an attraction rather than another dining option. Mickey s Philharmagic or a circle vision presentation would have been a great addition to DCA. I do think DCA is still needing more attractions, however i'm happy to see Cars Land coming online. I'm fearful that focus is on retail and dining in the parks rather than generating more attractions.
    • |
    I really miss not having "Dan the Miner" standing in the fountain in front of the Carthay Theater with water running from his ore pan, as it was in 1925 to it's closing. He still stands nearby to his old location on a street island if you want to visit him. Would have fit in perfectly with the early California Gold Rush and exploration themeing of the Carthay and DCA.
    • |
    I was one of the fortunate ones to experience the special Cars Land on Saturday. The Radiator Springs Racer ride is going to be a hit. Unfortunately, the ride is short. They are prepared for the long line ahead for this ride. It snakes around the ride and could spill out onto the right of Flo's Cafe. Mater's Whip ride is surprisingly enjoyable. Luigi's hoovercraft tire ride is fun. The Beach ball adds to the fun factor. Strangely, there's not much character presence in Cars Land. With the exception of Lightning and Mater photo op section in front of the cone concession area.
    • |
    The new Ghirardelli soda fountain and chocolate shop is fabulous and fast! We went at a busy time yesterday fully expecting to wait and wait and wait (like you do at the Main Street ice cream parlor). From the time we got in line until we had ice cream in our hands was less than 5 minutes (and just 2 minutes from the time we ordered until we picked up our order!). Fabulous and puts all the other ice cream shops in the resort to shame. We highly recommend it.

I appreciate your enthusiasm. And while DCA looks 1000% better than it did when it opened, it will not even come close to the value of an EPCOT (a truly mammoth park with two or three days worth of detail to explore) or Tokyo DisneySea which it is unlikely that any park will ever come close to surpassing. Still, that should not take away from the fact that DCA is finally a worthy 2nd gate to Disneyland.

But, I'm sure many of you will agree that DCA still has plenty of room for growth. Hollywood Land has lots of ugly unthemed areas, Condor Flats is an eye sore in comparison to neighboring Buena Vista Street, and Paradise Pier still suffers the plague off too many ugly carnival rides. But it's certainly a much better park now, no question.
    • |
    Wow.

The shots of the Cove bar were astounding. Great photos of great details!
    • |
    All of the animations in the Ghirardelli mural (earthquake, cable car, etc.) represent a different dessert item on the menu. They are all big enough to share.
    • |
    • |
    Great Update!
    • |
    Great update. Carthay Circle does look pretty nice at night. Also, why does it seem like the Earl of Sandwich is taking forever?!?!
    • |
    Andy Castro is outstanding!
    Thanks
    for another great update!

Whamo (post above), seeing hotel guests enjoying early mornings doesn't make me jealous. (I can't really see them if I can't get in.) Many hotel guests travel far and don't understand how easy Fastpass is, so I'm glad they have this advantage over us local AP holders.

I'm looking forward to threads and polls about the different popcorn flavors. Maybe DCA will take on Tokyo! It's on! Hopefully the French will stay out of this fight.

I'd like new daytime and nighttime postcards of DCA with images like this. . .
    And, Disney, if you charge 25 cents each (for several new DCA cards for a limited time) I'll send a bunch out ASAP. Inexpensive, word-of-mouth advertising backed by your beautiful images. Think about it.
Page 1 of 330 1234112651101 ... LastLast