Blog Comments

• |
    Great Update!!!!
    • |
    Thanks for the great update, Andy! Not sure what kind of crack they are smoking over at TDA, but the LAST thing Carsland needs this Summer is some sort of loud DJ character to literally STOP TRAFFIC. What are they....insane? They need traffic to MOVE in that park for at least the first 6 months. One of the most irritating things on crowded days in that park is to get stuck behind Phineus and Ferb as they stop right in the middle of traffic and cause gridlock until their little show is over. Same thing with Minnie's Fly thing over at Soaring, except at least there is extra room over there. They need to FIRE the marketing genius who keeps coming up with these stupid ideas.
    Updated 04-23-2012 at 06:40 AM by Mac Daddy
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Great update! Helps make my Monday mornings!

The handrails on the Matterhorn bridge look awful. It sickens me to think that we live in a state with a budget in crisis and yet have the funds to pay people to go out and knit-pick. I have seen this kind of stuff in my own place of employment; it costs money, it institutionalizes everything, and it's just not warranted!
    • |
    Thanks andy
    • |
    You kept mentioning a re-work of the Bugs Life mural, yet nothing still has come about... any update to this rumored happening?
    • |
    Great report! It's very exciting to see Buena Vista Street coming together. Seeing the Red Car Trolley on its tracks makes me a bit giddy.

So, it still looks like the Cars Land mountain range still has some gaping holes in it. They will be patching those up, right?
    • |
    The clouds in the blue skies of these photographs look amazing, beautiful pictures. I love the shot of the DCA entrance.
    • |
    You see folks, the "Buena Vista Street / Carthay Circle / Hollywoodland" overhead wires are important to the Red Car Trolley system as the power poles are to power lines that have been put in place in Cars Land. (I'm sure that Disney will place fake power lines on them, too to "authenticate" route 66.)

It's going to be okay. Really. Just relax, enjoy and take it all in.
    • |
    For all the people who have seen the wires in pictures, they look horrible. Those who actually have seen them in person know how much they will add to the atmosphere. Without the wires, there is absolutely no chance that Disney can create an environment that harkens back to the 1920's. Now that they have refined the wires and look organized, I absolutely love them.
    • |
    Authentic as those wires are they will provide perches for the birds to use the folks below as target practice. Disney won't like us being treated that way and the wires will then disappear... quietly.
    • |
    Why did they decided to put a mission in DCA? I know it isn't one, but if I were freshly into the park and never visited this website, then I definitely would think "mission" at first glance. Here is the Mission San Luis Rey:

• |
    While the trolly cars may not be reliant on the cables for their power, perhaps some of the wires are powered in order to create the sound and sparking associated with trolly cars. This might help explain the orange "GROUND" signs.
    While the cables do look a bit busy, I do like how enclosed the whole park is seeming these days. I imagine there will be a lot of "set dressing" that will be going on that will ease some of the cables starkness.
    • |
    I've come to realize that for me, Dateline Disneyland has become the best thing on MiceAge. As always, a really great update. Thanks all.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    personally, I love seeing the wires, it'll be nice to look at them and compare to how Melbourne's tram/train wires are. did anyone else notice that stanley has been uncovered in RS?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by lorange
    The wires, besides looking authentic, are the power source for the streetcars unlike the trolleys at The Grove and Americana at Brand which are battery powered. If you've been to a city like San Francisco which has street cars (not talking about the cable cars which are pulled by a cable) and electrified trolleybuses, there's a wonderful sound of the trolley pole as it crosses from junction to junction, along with the occasional sparking. I'm sure it will be more quiet at DCA since the track is flat and only runs back and forth.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. The Red Car Trolley has an electric engine. They were making test runs of the cars before the wires were even installed. The wires are just decorations to make it look like the real ones that once ran through Southern California. Here's the Disney article about it:

Red Car Trolley Tests the Track at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog

BUT...I like the wires. And here's my prediction. It won't be an eyesore; it will be eye candy. Park guests will be constantly looking up and be entertained by the old style sound of an electric trolley car running through DCA.
    • |
    That is a BIG hole in the matterhorn..Skyway holes were great but one BIG hole???Is that on the fantasyland side?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ No they aren't, they are not powered by the wires.
    I very well might be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time...

My assumption is based on these images from mintcrocodile aka Magic Eye's recent update showing some wires marked as GROUNDS. No need to mark the wires if they were all fake and it seems like a lot of trouble and expense to be that authentic (but still worth it, for sure imho).

Maybe some one can verify with inside sources.

• |
    I was against the trolley wires...until I went to DCA today. It's really a non-issue. There are so many other things going on visually that you don't really notice them.