Blog Comments

• |
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivens McTwisp
    Does the $650 annual pass get me 10% off the $22 burger? I gotta get those discounts where I can...
    It does, but mustard and ketchup are not included.
    • |
    I think condensing the Mad T Party into that corner was the best thing they could have done! The other two parties were nowhere near as exciting as this one is because there was too much "area" between the attractions. I must say though that they need to keep the walkway around Monsters Inc moving and under better control, or STRESS that families with young children should attempt to ride it before sundown. I felt really bad for the people pushing strollers back there.
    • |
    Does the $650 annual pass get me 10% off the $22 burger? I gotta get those discounts where I can...
    • |
    The area around Carthay circle looks great I wonder if they are going to add some nice detailed benches near the theater.
    • |
    Went to see the Carthay Circle on Saturday. It's gorgeous! The level of detail is simply amazing. Can't wait for the construction walls to come down from BVS.
    Updated 05-28-2012 at 08:04 PM by yorkiedad
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan
    It was lit up on Saturday. A poster on the Project Tracker posted a nice picture. Looks even better with the tower lit up. Here's the post. http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056767104
    That looks so much better! Thanks for answering.
    • |
    Great stuff going on! It's too bad about Mad T Party though. The sad thing is that some don't see anything wrong with these nightclubs in a Disney park. Thanks for the update!
    • |
    Great Picture's....and report of the New...DCA !
    • |
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, Disney California Adventure is going to be the best second gate Disney theme park in the world.
    • |
    Would still like to see the Cathay Circle Theater neon sign up on the roof as it was in the 1920's, along with the top spire light for airplanes passing over Hollywood. I see the name graphic painted on one side that would complement the neon sign.
    • |
    Grr. Not one single vegetarian entree on the Carthay Circle menu? Seriously, guys, how hard is it to have a pasta dish without meat? Disneyland's been doing so much better for veggies in the last year, this is seriously disappointing. Oh well.

Great update, though!
    • |
    Oh, and where did you find that gorgeous, golden hour photograph down Route 66 of Radiator Springs in Cars Land? I see it's copyrighted Disney and was more than likely shot by Paul Hiffmeyer but I haven't seen that one in any blog update or anything...
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle
    One question:
    I asked this somewhere else on Micechat but I don't think anyone answered. Will the tower of the Carthay eventually be lit up inside the top? Right now it is so dark up there and seems wrong. I always envisioned them lighting up those open areas on top. Does anyone know??
    It was lit up on Saturday. A poster on the Project Tracker posted a nice picture. Looks even better with the tower lit up. Here's the post. http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056767104

Great update as usual! Beautiful and great things happening all over the resort, especially in DCA. Carthay Circle and Theater was so gorgeous when I visited Friday...it truly takes you out it all and to another time and place. BVS is going to be a gem. Then seeing all the magnificent pictures of Cars Land and hearing all the rave reviews starting to materialize about the theming, detail, and spectacular-ness (many saying the rockwork of the Ornament Valley had them stop in their tracks and say "wow") of it is even more great to hear!

The Cove Bar looks great too! I can't wait to see your pictures of it later. Truly a 180 in detail and
    "placemaking" then what was there before. Great antique and vintage 1920's touches throughout with nice wood and metal work behind the bar. Those new billboards are also great. I've always enjoyed DCA and it's so great to now have a park where they've kept what they originally did right and are fixing and improving the rest.
    • |
    Great update. Thanks for all the hard work. I truly look forward to these every week!
    • |
    I love the details they are putting into BVS. The tile work on the Carthay is beautiful and so is the stained glass on the ice cream parlor. The menu at the Carthay, while very pricey, sounds innovative and delicious. There are so many dishes I would like to try.
    I also like the new touches at Paradise Pier. The new billboards add to the atmosphere and the Cove Bar sign is pretty.

There are things I wish they'd done differently. I still don't like the fountain they picked by Carthay. It just isn't very pretty to me. I don't like the yellow tile around it or that it is surrounded by concrete (the ground around it). And I don't like the chains around the planters. I think that it could have been a much more beautiful area. I also don't like the colors they picked for the old elephant pedestals - blech. And, finally, I really, really hate the Alice costume they chose for the Mad T party.

One question:
    I asked this somewhere else on Micechat but I don't think anyone answered. Will the tower of the Carthay eventually be lit up inside the top? Right now it is so dark up there and seems wrong. I always envisioned them lighting up those open areas on top. Does anyone know??
    • |
    Fantastic update!!! Keith and I were looking at the YouTube video of the light testing in Cars Land and watched the stop light very closely. Just like Fillmore says in the movie, every third blink is slower!!!

The attention to detail on Buena Vista Street was enough to make me cry, especially the story of the new fountain show involving a "newly arrived" Mickey Mouse... Absolutely amazing!!! I can't wait to see it for myself...

• |
    Carthay Circle looks nice but it looks like any nice mall in California (but I guess I don't understand the whole Cal Adv theme choice anyway). I can overlook the bad wigs at the Mad T Party and have a blast (after I knock off a bank to pay the admission price. Didn't Walt say it was supposed to be affordable for everybody? I guess that's another topic but I'm blue about it right now I guess.
    • |
    Amazing update, loved all the pictures. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Once Upon a Time display, my husband is going to love it if we get to see it in person in July!
    • |
    Love the Mad T Party........just think that it would fit better in Downtown Disney.

I know that people are still willing to pay super premiums to go to the parks and buy the food.........but one of these days, Disney WILL hit a brick wall with their exorbitant pricing.
    • |
    Great headen down to DCA today
    I guess Dustysage has a crop dusting plane