Blog Comments

• |
    Wow...MGM's Giselle is much better looking than DL's.
    • |
    The whole "bad show speech" is "bad show".
    But say what you say, MasterGracey is one damn good photographer.
    • |
    i always look forward to these updates on the disneyland forum. and now i can just click on the main miceage page!!

nice work mastergracey. you never ever disappoint and congrats on this fantastic addition to the website!!
    • |
    You were kind of hard on Disney for the Castle. The overlay did just come up online and it does take time to work out some kinks. The reaf was lit for last weekend during my trip(11/15-11/18) and as far as I saw all lights that were on display were on. Maybe something came unplugged or they had to do some work on those lights. Give it a try in a couple of days to a week.

As to the lights in the boxes have were open every time I went past the castle during my trip morning to closing. they were pretty annoying and got in the way of some of my pictures
    • |
    Great update, Andy!
    • |
    Great update! I agree about the castle I wonder why they didn't attempt the version at DLP or at least the version at WDW. I'd prefer the "netting" effect versus the fake snow (they could have done a better job with that IMO) & typical Xmas icicle lighting myself. But, children will believe the facade, so I guess we're outruled.
    • |
    Awesome new feature. I look forward to many more "Dateline Disneyland's".
    • |
    Great Work. I still cant believe the Disney Gallery is gone.
    • |
    Great pictures MG! Thanks for the update!
    • |
    Wow... That was one of THE most awesome sets of holiday photos from DL that I've ever seen. Many thanks for posting, and do keep up the good work!
    • |
    Ok again, if i dont correct this my OCD will bug the crap out of me. They are not projectors in those boxes. They are motorized LIGHTS! If you want to get specific, Vari*Lite VL3000 Spots.

There are 3 shows, two ARE online one is not. Wish and Believe are running. Believe is just the normal ending to the fireworks. Dream went online Nov 22.
    • |
    There are three shows. Two of them haven't come online yet, and are expected to be rolled out once the hours are shorter to allow for more testing time.

I think the castle looks beautiful.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    Excellent job!

Question: Are the different performances of the Castle lighting ceremony (I had heard there were 3) actually different, or do they just do the same thing 3 times? Or is there only actually one? I'm curious since I'll be down there soon and hope to get some audio/video.
    It's the same show. From what I understand, three different shows were planned, all three progressing a "story" dealing with the child, mother, and the wish for snow.

Furthermore, I've noticed that the Snow Show is only done twice a night, both times before the fireworks. The third show, which I understood to be scheduled immediately after the fireworks show is absent altogether - at least from what I saw anyway.

I believe the first two Snow Shows are at 5:30 and 7:30, respectively. They are not listed on the Times Guide or on Disneyland.com.
    • |
    Excellent job!

Question: Are the different performances of the Castle lighting ceremony (I had heard there were 3) actually different, or do they just do the same thing 3 times? Or is there only actually one? I'm curious since I'll be down there soon and hope to get some audio/video.
    • |
    Great job Andy!!!! Love the pictures!!!

Congrats on the new gig!!!!!
    • |
    Thank you MasterGracey! Fantastic update!!!

Congratulations on your very first "Dateline Disneyland," we look forward to many more.

-Dusty
    Updated 11-23-2007 at 01:11 AM by Dustysage