Blog Comments

• |
    Great update!
    • |
    Very nice update!
    • |
    Since Mammoth Mouintain interest, in the 60's by Walt, Disneyland Ticket prices have always been closely related to Mammoth 1 day Ski Pass prices. This year Mammoth will charge $75.00 for Adults and $30.00 for 7 to 12 year old Children, which in the past was a only a few dollars over Disneyland's 1 day tickets. Mammoth also has an age limit of 80 I believe, where they allow those Seniors free tickets. Maybe Disneyland could have a Senior discount over 65 years of age to help the fellow above and many other Babyboomers approaching that delima.
    Updated 05-23-2012 at 03:06 PM by DisWedWay
    • |
    That sound you hear in the background is Walt spinning in his cryogenic capsule. Walt wanted his park to be affordable to a wide range of visitors. He said himself that he wanted to turn a profit, but that he didn't want to fleece every guest of every dime in their pockets. I'm on Social Security and SSI, and I'm paid only $953 a month. Subtract room and board (I live in a boarding house that provides one meal a day) and I'm left with only $245 to spend on everything else. I'm not even sure I can affor a SoCal Select Pass even on the monthly plan. How the hell am I supposed to visit my favorite place in all of SoCal?
    • |
    Thank you, as always, for another wonderful update!

I wonder with the price hikes (along with the refined, new and additional attractions ), if Disney California Adventure park will have the same hours of operation as that of Disneyland throughout this year and years to come?

• |
    Why doesn't Disney just bend you over and save you the trouble of the Price increase.
    • |
    Here are some features of Cars Land: A neon lighting, including the illumination of the mountain range, will be held each night.
    I just squealed! I hope I didn't wake the neighbors...
    • |
    Price Increase: Well I can see why they do it to keep the over crowding down, but for people like my family and me who live out of state and travel to Disneyland and CA it can be very expensive with the cost of Hotel fees as well, I thank God that we have been able to afford it, as we make our plans to Disneyland/California and visit I just feel bad for the people that can't afford it. My family and I have been going to the resort now for 20 years when my daughter was born and still to this year and each year we have always taken a friend that has never been there so they can get the whole Disney experience. My family and I will be there in October and we are taking a whole family down to Anaheim it will be their first time, bit if these price increases keep going up it will just not be affordable to go.
    • |
    Im suprised that noone noticed that the wood covering the windows at the Mad Arcade were taken down allowing a small view into the arcade
    • |
    Sorry, did not see the post. Lighting....
    • |
    Yes, what is this hole?
    • |
    The price increases for tickets and APs are disheartening, but charging for the previews is downright greedy. MAYBE if Disney was going to donate all the proceedings from the evening (s) to CHOC I might see it as " ok" ...
    I already give them enough money. Do I really need to pay 50 bucks for a preview?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Andrew Nelson
    Excellent update as always. I am quite disheartened by the price increases. I think it's excessive.

Regarding Radiator Springs Racers and the Mountain Range With No Name Due To Legal Dealings(tm), what are those gaping holes for in the tops of the rocks...

...and are they going to fill that in / cover it over before June 15th? I'm wondering the same about the big open backside of the mountain range. Looks bad.
    They're for the lighting, stop foaming.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    I hope the new music from the Cathay(?) Circle Theater Restaurant get released on CD like the rest of the new park music.

Timekeeper
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255
    WOW! These price increases are NUTS! Disney has now alienated us from ever getting an Annual Pass again and it is now more economical to buy passes for WDW. A 3 Day Park Hopper at Walt Disney World is $287 for an adult. $30 more than Disneyland. OR, if you do a 1 park per day, it's only $13 more than Disneyland. How does Disneyland think they can charge THIS MUCH for so little when compared to Walt Disney World? I always thought Walt Disney World was a rip-off, now I'm starting to see it as a deal compared to Disneyland.

Everything else looks so great! I love the Meridia meet and greet with the bears and the new Trolly merchandise looks fantastic!
    There is a lot more to see and do at Disneyland. WDW is kept in poor shape and the theme parks are still half-complete 40 years later. The two LA parks have barely fewer attractions between them than the four Florida parks.
    • |
    As long as the public continues to overcrowd (overwhelm) The Disneyland Resort, I'm not surprised they made such a HUGE price hike in their tickets and passes. And if attendance goes up, not down because of this, I fully expect bigger increases less than a year from now.
    Personally, i never liked the monthly payment option. I saw a dramatic difference in crowd size once it began and it's gotten out of hand. I'm sure they will never get rid of the monthly payment plan, so I'm hoping (but not very confident) these huge price hikes will curb the overcrowding.
    I don't blame Disney at all for doing this. Reality TV is pure fiction and garbage, but people keep watching it. So they churn out more and more. Prices hikes don't stop the tsunami of the crowds size, so they'll keep raising the rates.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Andrew Nelson
    . . . . what are those gaping holes for in the tops of the rocks...

...and are they going to fill that in / cover it over before June 15th?. . .

Good question, C. Andrew! I wonder how likely guests are to see these? Would it be worth $50,000 just to improve the view from the Fun Wheel? Not to me, but from where else can the "gaping holes" be spotted?
    Updated 05-21-2012 at 01:13 PM by jcruise86
    • |
    Thanks for the update!

Cool of Disney to donate 500K to the Children's Hospital!

I LOVE the video about making music for the Carthay Circle Restaurant!
    If I had to answer, "Why is Disneyland superior to Knott's Berry Farm?" in one word,
    I'd go with "music."
    • |
    Excellent update as always. I am quite disheartened by the price increases. I think it's excessive.

Regarding Radiator Springs Racers and the Mountain Range With No Name Due To Legal Dealings(tm), what are those gaping holes for in the tops of the rocks...

...and are they going to fill that in / cover it over before June 15th? I'm wondering the same about the big open backside of the mountain range. Looks bad.