Blog Comments

• |
    Some people dislike it when they brand the Monorail trains, but I must say... ADORABLE!
    • |
    So they have been increasing prices, what? About every 6 months now?
    • |
    I'm sure happy I got my new Premium AP before the prices jumped. It's going to be a fantastic year at Disneyland. I can't wait for the opening day of California Adventure. I'll be there at the parking gate at 6:30AM when it opens!
    • |
    [/QUOTE]
    • |
    Another tiny detail: the fossils that were embedded in the rock at the entrance of Condor Flats by the Carthay Circle are gone. Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere else.
    • |
    The new interactive meet-and-greet is set up along the Small World Mall area.
    Isn't every meet-and-greet, by its nature, interactive? Just sayin........

BRAVO to Tokyo Disneyland for allowing same sex ceremonies!!! Great news! The part of the article that struck me funny was:
    Resort officials, however, told Higashi that although same-sex couples will not be exempt from the plan, one of the partners would have to wear a groom outfit, because "other visitors will also be watching."
    I'm sorry, but if me and my partner ever chose to do this ceremony, would that mean one of us would have to wear a dress?? Sorry, not happening! I don't want to marry my man dressed as a woman. I want to marry my man as he is -- a man!! I know they changed their policy (that was the point of the article), but, MAN, who at TDL thought that was a good policy??
    Well, all's well that ends well, I suppose.
    • |
    Great Report!
    Does anyone know if they have the "flying carpet scene" fixed for the Aladdin Show?
    • |
    I am SO excited for Cars Land and the new DCA reveal! AND all the new things at Disneyland!! Been waiting a long long time for this... However, the first thing I plan on doing when we arrive on the 14th, is walking my 3-year old into the Guest Services, so THEY can tell him why he can't go on his favorite ride, the Matterhorn, anymore. What a huge disappointment.

On another note, if they want to control the Annual Passholder crowds that are definitely becoming more and more abundant, maybe they should take away the payment plans for Californians, and increase their passes by $150. Not the passes for people that live far away and don't get to go as much. JUST saying.
    • |
    WOW! These price increases are NUTS! Disney has now alienated us from ever getting an Annual Pass again and it is now more economical to buy passes for WDW. A 3 Day Park Hopper at Walt Disney World is $287 for an adult. $30 more than Disneyland. OR, if you do a 1 park per day, it's only $13 more than Disneyland. How does Disneyland think they can charge THIS MUCH for so little when compared to Walt Disney World? I always thought Walt Disney World was a rip-off, now I'm starting to see it as a deal compared to Disneyland.

Everything else looks so great! I love the Meridia meet and greet with the bears and the new Trolly merchandise looks fantastic!
    • |
    Great update. I am so excited for my trip in October. Really bummed about the height restriction of 42 inches for Radiator Springs Racers, my 3 1/2 year old was so excited about riding it and now he isn't going to be able to. He is not going to be happy. So if you are there the 2nd week of October and hear a little boy screaming "But I am bigger!" when he can't get on, that will be my son.
    • |
    I really like some of the Red Car Trolley merchandise!
    • |
    So much exciting stuff starting this summer.... thanks for a great update Andy!
    • |
    I LOVE all the finishing details being added to all the projects in DCA. BVS looks absolutely marvelous! The signage looks great. So many hand painted murals and signage in the land and the regular signage looks just as great. The telephones wires and single streetlight in Radiator Springs are bringing the the whole picture together and it looks fantastic. I also noticed the little fountain on the Stanley fountain is on. The bricks on the new Ghirardelli look great too! Pacific Wharf has always had nice level of worn character and it's always been a well done, nicely themed corner but the new bricks replacing what used to be a grate metal on the building adds a nice new building texture to the land. Looks great!

Also like seeing little things adding up in DCA like the new, period themed PP billboard (here's hoping a few others are replaced as well). I think they should also add a shade pergola on that boardwalk curve to help shade the normally very long line to get soft serve ice cream (although one the Cozy Cone will soon sell soft serve as well). Also like the classic car look of the Cars Land ODV. PP also got new ODV that look more period themed to the land. And soon, new parkwide ODV costumes will be hitting DCA as well as the new GRR, ITTBAB/Bug's Land, and RCCT costumes making their debuts. Award Weiners just got new, period themed costumes as well. SO much going on to create that BIG picture for the park.
    • |
    ^Actually, the entire part of the ITTBAB show building is being repainted.
    P.S. Hollywood Land recently got new swing music in the area replacing the Disney movie soundtracks that originally played there.
    • |
    I'm noticing that Dim is missing from the "It's Tough to be a Bug!" building.
    • |
    Great report!
    • |
    Great update Andy!

This photo shows a mister in the entry arches for the Mad T Party. We expect them to project images on the mist.

• |
    Great update as always. Thanks!
    • |
    Thanks
    cant wait
    • |
    Toho's Godzilla was actually marketed as a Marvel Character at one time. I still have the Marvel comic book with him. With Toho's connection to Tokyo Disney Resort, I wonder if we will see him coming out of the waters of TDS?
Page 5 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055105 ... LastLast