Blog Comments

• |
    Thanks for the update. Did they make the pool smaller, or does it just look that way without all the landscaping?
    • |
    Great update.

I see under park hours that this Thursday Disneyland is only open until 6 p.m. Is this for an event, or is it typical of off-season hours?
    • |
    Great Update
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by vnormth
    Don't you mean "Upon entering the park, Guests are immediately forced to the RIGHT through the new corridor behind Soarin' Over California." (or did you mean the OTHER left? )
    D'oh! Thanks for catching that, it's been corrected.

-Andy
    Dateline Disneyland
    • |
    Don't you mean "Upon entering the park, Guests are immediately forced to the RIGHT through the new corridor behind Soarin' Over California." (or did you mean the OTHER left? )
    • |
    Excellent update! It's been a little while since I've been to the Parks and I'm MORE than looking forward to the middle of next year when I'll be moving back in the "neighborhood". Saving for my Premium AP now. Thanks for all the great info. It's like I've never left. ;-)
    • |
    Is the removal of the Big Thundar Ranch sign a hint to the transformation of that area into the new Frontierland attraction soon?
    • |
    Thank you to all who's pictures made it into the update. Always appreciated and ....

Great update!
    • |
    Thanks for the update (on posted on a holiday, too!)
    I have to agree that the new background music is fantastic and adds to the delightful atmosphere of the new entrance. Just thinking out loud here, it would be neat to add in the background tracks of some of the Silly Symphony cartoons or Mickey cartoons. Shoot, the jazzy sound of the Oswald cartoons would be fun!
    Has anyone heard if there are plans to add 'street-mosphere' characters? Or what about live bands playing period tunes? Just curious. I'd get a kick out of seeing a couple of flappers with a small ensemble teaching guests how to Charleston or Shimmy!
    Oh, before I forget, HUGE KUDOS to the DCA execs who financed the impressive temporary entrance!! Talk about exceeding guests expectations!!!
    • |
    Great update! Happy Labour Day everyone!
    • |
    would anyone be able to send me the item number for the T-shirt with the Spiderweb on it so I can order it online? THANK YOU! :-)
    • |
    I agree. I played the music over and over as I read through the update. Thank you so much! Great update!
    • |
    Wonderful update! Loved being able to listen to the music.
    • |
    It's amazing how wonderful everything is coming along. 2012 is going to be one heck of a summer! I cannot WAIT!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Shrinker
    I asked this in last week's Dateline, but it apparently vanished into the Internet ether. Why was the Zephyr removed from Buena Vista Street? In terms of the timeline, isn't it close to the appropriate era? And wouldn't the Zephyr have been the train that Walt took to get to California? As long as the lame puns were removed (Engine-Ears, for God's sake), I think it would have fit in nicely.
    I think the trains were not used in the 1930s but several years/decades later.
    • |
    I love the fact that the blue fences at DCA have signs which read
    "THE FENCES ARE ABOUT TO COME DOWN" in big letters.

And underneath, in little letters, it says "Summer 2012".

Don't look now, guys, but it's still Summer 2011 !

• |
    Here's the full audio/slideshow from the Carsland presentation:
    D23 Expo – Imagineering Cars Land Full Panel Discussion | WDW Fan Boys

Here's the full audio from the Imagineering Legends presentation:
    WDW Fan Boys Podcast Episode #090 08/28/2011 – Listener Questions | WDW Fan Boys
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Internitty
    How about the Disney's Hollywood Studios inspired entrance?
    LOL, the real problem isn't the execution, it was the laziness or just re-using the Pan Pacific theme by WDI. (there is no other better term).

There were other things of the era that could have been used for inspiration, but now you have Hollywood Studios part 2.

They're supposed to try and differentiate the parks in general, or was this a compromise of the "one world" concept.

Seriously though, I would have loved the entrance more if it were original to a Disney theme park, but alas we copied WDW instead of the other way around. That is never a good thing.

Bye.
    • |
    The central check-out area with the giant Sleeping Beauty Castle snow globe that was previously here is now gone. A new Tiffany-style chandelier is a new visual focal point. Looks good!
    It does!

The old Snowglobe is just a bad reminder of the 50th to me. Anyway, the "central check out area" was called Souvies (souvenirs) counter.

Virtually all the counters except for that one and the one in the crystal arcade in the Emporium are named after a character: Max, Goofy, Fifi, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Mickey.

Just ask a CM.

Bye.
    • |
    I agree since they tore everything up anyway, do it right. also the pan pacific entrance needs to be called something else. getting tired of (pan pacific inspired) no one really cares.
    How about the Disney's Hollywood Studios inspired entrance?