Blog Comments

• |
    Heh, this blog post is taking me a few years back. I went to Atlanta, Georgia back when I was either in late Elementary School or during Middle School (Which would technically only be 4-6 years ago for me), visiting the CNN Tower, the Georgia Aquarium, and the World of Coca Cola. Didn't go anywhere else if I recall, though.

The Living Desert Zoo, however, takes me even further back. My grandfather and parents used to take me where since my Grandfather lived in Palm Springs. And of course, being the avid railroad fan I was and still am, my favorite part had to be their huge G scale model railroad.

This was a really great blogpost...thanks for posting it.
    • |
    Grizzly Gulch looks like it's going to be a WINNER! I like how this is a COMPLETELY different ride/story than any of the other parks! I'd like to see more of that here at DLR and WDW. >cough< Soarin' >cough<!!
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Grizzly Gulch is exclusive to HKDL for 5 years from the day of its opening. So no other Disney park can have it until July 2017.
    • |
    Grizzly Peak would be wonderful here in TDA, but where to put it? There's not really room next to Grizzly River Run, which would have made the most sense. Grizzly Gulch as a whole may fit in Frontierland, using the stage area and big thunder ranch.
    • |
    Bring Grizzly Peak to Disneyland! I know there has been talk about an E-Ticket coming to Frontierland in what is now a backstage area and I think this would be perfect! Disneyland has been missing this type of theming since the Country Bears went into hibernation!
    • |
    I'd love to meet June Foray.
    • |
    Grizzly Trail looks incredible!
    • |
    HKDL will look much better after Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point. It's too bad it got saddled with Toy Story Land. I like the idea of one E-ticket in a land with many interactive elements and theming. I think that's the way of the future. Enough of the spinners, wienies and carnival rides, and just give us the great stuff. I hope they revisit Toy Story Land at some point and add a great dark ride that is unique to the park. That would at least anchor the land with an E ticket.
    • |
    I want that ride at DCA!
    • |
    Fantastic update. Once Mystic Point opens next year, I'll probably make another trip out to Hong Kong Disneyland. Grizzly Trail and Mystic Point both look original and interesting. However, that Toy Story play land looks so cheap (and without an anchor E-Ticket attraction). Two out of three isn't bad, but they at least need to build a Toy Story Mania to fill out the Toy Story land.

Scarlett, once again you've made us all jealous about the amazing places and events you get to attend. I didn't even know there was a Marc Davis Celebration of Animation, but I'm so glad to find out about it! What a wonderful thing. So many interesting people in that room! Thank You for bringing us along for the ride.
    Updated 06-02-2012 at 08:26 AM by Dustysage
    • |
    That backscratching bear in the Grizzly Trail mine reminds me of Marc Davis concept art from the long-gone Nature's Wonderland attraction at Disneyland.

• |
    Awesome update, I had no idea about the new ride at HKDL... guess I need to go back and test it out!

What happened to part 3 of the honeymoon pictures? I really enjoyed the first 2 sets and I couldn't wait to see the final part 3.
    • |
    That was great thanks
    I can't wait for the mystic point and grizzly gulch expanstion to open at HKDL
    • |
    I have to wonder what other "Treasures Untold" are off the coast of Castway Key?

Timekeeper
    • |
    Great update. I loved Rya86ns photos. looks like a great trip
    • |
    wonderful update! loved seeing all the photos!
    • |
    Is there really a bar at Castaway Cay called Nemo's? I bet it's full of artifacts that he collected from his many voyages, that were salvaged from his Nautilus.
    • |
    http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...Rya86n/195.jpg The Nautilus from 20 000 leagues at WDW is still there?! Holy hell I thought that thing was moved ages ago. Great report as always.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl
    I notice that the link for Gaston is Wendy but I found Gaston on your main page.
    Thanks for the heads up. The videos got mixed up in my editing process. It is fixed now.
Page 1 of 166 1234112651101 ... LastLast