Blog Comments

• |
    So, those HKDL vacuums are quiet? We really need them in the US parks! And I also need some of that Chicago sausage pizza down here in Dallas!!!
    • |
    I strongly disagree wit the above statement. But whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, any true Disney fan should give HKDL a chance, then criticize if the needs be. But the park IS fun.
    • |
    HK disneyland is no fun at all, it feels likes it's just a block apart.
    Updated 07-29-2009 at 03:21 PM by Weekend Update (Signature removed. Not in the comment section, please.)
    • |
    Thanks for the update. Is it just me, or does Ronald Reagan's belt buckle have a star on Washington, DC instead of the mentioned Sacramento? I do have an eye exam coming up.
    • |
    Nice pics! I myself am intrigued by HKDL, it is clearly up to our quality standards and seems ready to grow as any time. They are a baby Disney resort, still only a decade or so old! It appears beautiful and fun there, and I would like to visit someday.
    • |
    great chicago & disneyland pics!!! i luv chicago & live 2 1/2 hrs from the windy city. the sears tower was renamed but to me the tallest bldg & has that name
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Freelance
    SummerInFL: Did you have Alligator on a Stick? That was always my favorite part of the Taste.
    LOL No I did not. I've had it before however, it's not that difficult to find in FL.
    • |
    That slice of Pizza looks delicious!
    • |
    SummerInFL: Did you have Alligator on a Stick? That was always my favorite part of the Taste.
    • |
    In thinking about this whole "Stitch" thing, I am inclined to agree with TDLFAN. My distaste for the character has more to do with the awful implementation of the attractions he is associated with in the U.S., rather than the character himself.

And COOOOLkid's observation is spot on. At least HKDL is constantly refreshing their entertainment offerings. I have a feeling that Stitch's Summer Dance Bash would be a welcome addition to any of the US parks.

We're lucky to have these great photo reports about the overseas parks from TDLFAN.
    • |
    I think many of you (who have never set foot in HKDL) are a bit too quick with your criticism of this small, but very much "disney" park. Yes, its a small park but please, GET OVER IT. They did not build this park for the overpriviledge masses out there, but for an audience that is not familiar with the Disney brand. HKDL may not big but it sure offers decent quality that not even DCA offered its patrons on opening day. The park is poised for grow and it will become a great park to visit. Give it the time it needs and you will all see. And remember.. The name is Hong Kong Disneyland, and not the other way around like some else already named it above. Let's get the name right before offering quick negative criticism.

To answer another person, HKDL does not have a "Partners" statue, so nothing has been removed from the hub to give way to the current summer decor.

As for Stitch, the character does not bother me but I do believe he is over used in the park. Yet, its refreshing to see him highlighted in a nice summer street show where those overused Mice are nowhere to be found. I also believe Stitich gets a bad rap due to the bad attractions he is highlighted on, like the MKs SGE show or the ill concieved Tiki show at TDL.
    • |
    food
    • |
    I'm so glad to see HKDL following Tokyo's footsteps in terms of offering various live entertainment, unlike WDW which manages to drag their old tired floats along the parade route for many years...

And for those complaining about Stitch...
    How many new parades/stage shows did Disneyland or WDW offer in the past couple of years?
    • |
    I hate "Stitch's"
    • |
    That OK Goover,
    Hong Kong does have lots of "Honks" !
    HKDL never had a partners statue......
    But I still want to get rid of "Stitch's"!
    • |
    I feel sorry for Disneyland HK ! they getting rip off,
    it's so small ............
    Updated 07-25-2009 at 05:46 PM by Eagleman (re word)
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    That perfume float looks adorable.

Just one question - does HKDL usually have a partners statue? And if so, did they REALLY replace it with that stitch "sand sculpture" thing?

Good heavens I hope not!!

EDIT: just a friendly reminder, it's "Hong" not "Honk" (u might want to check the main page details for this update hint hint)
    • |
    Great Update and it would be great to see Chicago get the bid for the summer olympics in 2016
    • |
    Great weekend report!
    Thanks Rixter for giving us updates on H K D L
    good picture's!(and forking out bucks to do so)
    Hong Kong Disneyland looks very cool with green mountain in the back ground.......
    I also one ,can not understand "Stitch's" and other's see in him.?.I think he so un-disney !
    I feel sorry for the guest at H K D L!
    I still like see Disney put "The Hall of Presidents" at Disneyland!
    Love Old Post Cards!
    Thank every one,good job, for the weekend report!