Blog Comments

• |
    Tokyo DL's Christmas Displays are alway's done so beautifully! Whether its for Christmas, Halloween, or Easter, Tokyo DL always has a Wonderful character display. DL Anaheim sure could take a lesson from TDL in this area. Oh, sure, DL Anaheim took one Halloween display from several years ago (and has used it to death). But TDL has an entire new display for each holiday EVERY year! Instead, Anaheim unwisely decides to use WDW's crappy leftover Toontown fair trees. Uggggggh!
    • |
    A couple more comments: this was a great update as always. The Cootie Game sign made me laugh. I never had one but I fondly recall the TV commercials. I'm sure they are posted on youtube. I also had to laugh at one photo in particular: the father and daughter figures from what I think is what used to be Upjohn Pharmacy on Main Street Disneyland? Mainly the granny glasses. John Lennon had many photos taken wearing his granny glasses that I can't look at a photo of anyone or any figure that has those and not think of John.
    • |
    I agree with indianajack about not liking the roof over TDL's Main Street. However, I do understand why they built it. I like Toy Story Land but also understand why wdwprince doesn't like it. Maybe it'll look better if more foliage and/or themeing is added. The attractions (rides) look like fun. I'm not so sure if Toy Story Land reminds me of my own childhood per say. I was too old for Slinky Dog when that was first issued but I had several Tinker Toy sets. I was interested to see that Tokyo Haunted Mansion has a different dome than the WDW version. And I'm looking forward to Mystic Manor.
    • |
    Toy Story Land looks like a cheap carnival area for toddlers. IMO it does nothing to help out HKDL.. I'm looking forward to Mystic Manor though.
    • |
    TSL Looks good. But Every time i see a "Commercial" Land makes me sick. It is in my mind a waste of space. Carsland is a good example 12 acres of space that could have gone into a Bay Area Extension or a Spanish-CA area. It really makes me sick so stop it disney,just stop it!! Pixar has more of a showing in the parks then you!!!

Anyway... those ice sculptures look good.
    • |
    I can't put into words how much I detest the ceiling cover over TDL's Main St. It destroys the quaint ambiance of what should be one of the most charming parts of the park. Please tear it down and let us get wet or put up an umbrella. It's one of the rare fails at Tokyo Disneyland.

HK's Toy Story Land looks much nicer than Paris's with more decorative elements and theming. Add Midway Mania to it as a marquee attraction and they would have a really nice and complete land.
    • |
    Fun update. I'm feeling under the weather today, and the Weekend Update was just the perfect thing to make me feel better!

The parade video was great and I always enjoy seeing where folks like Sir Clinksalot, SummerInFl, and Aimster will take us.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Nice update!

Timekeeper
    • |
    I'm surprised the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet is so popular.
    • |
    Love the Disney World Christmas pictures!

Did anyone else think of the little green army men in the flight photos?

Summer I appreciate your eye for catching great shots!

My grandmother always told me that Margaret Mitchell was a cousin and she died because she was hit by a car. I never really looked into the story, but after reading about Sir Clink's visit I looked it up and she was right about Margaret's tragic death. Thank you Sir C for sharing your museum visit with us and inspiring me to explore about history a little more.
    • |
    Thanks for the video of the WDW Christmas Parade!. I love watching the Christmas Parades at both WDW and DL, and the parade does look good, however there are two things in this parade that really need to be changed ASAP.

First, the main melody through the the entire parade is really annoying. Seems there was more variety in music style throughout the entire parade previously. You don't need bells on every single note in the melody. It's kind of like how that "Music Box Christmas" record/cd was real popular several years ago ~ the style is ok for a song or two at most, but then it get tiresome real quick. Same goes for the music in this parade. The same bells, the same exact choir intonnation is just annoying after one segment of the parade.

Second, the movement of the Toy Soldiers, with their little jig?!?!?! what's up with THAT?!?! Toy Soldiers, not even Christmas Toy Soldiers DON'T move like that.

If they would correct those two things, the entire parade would be more enjoyable.
    • |
    Wonderful weekend update. And I am in agreement w/NetteNutt!
    • |
    I had no idea that the Tokyo Disney Haunted Mansion did so much more for their holiday overlay. Are there really that many more temporary animatronics they put in?!?! Amazing...
    • |
    Nice update!

Timekeeper
    • |
    Tokyo Disneyland always comes up with "Great Seasonal" decorations and merchandising to go with it. With a lot of Tim Burton in the parks for Halloween, I'm always looking for "Frankenwennie" in the cemetary scenes in the mansions. Since Disney owns the Frank Baum OZ characters, it would be great to see Thunder Mesa in Paris Disneyland done in them as they started with the pumpkin men. Esmeralda agrees. PD
    • |
    I had decided a bit ago that if I were to ever go to an overseas park it would be Tokyo, reports like this just reinforce it.
    • |
    Great reports!
    • |
    How the heck do they mow that grass??
    • |
    Fine update as always. I also was at the Mary Blair event. It was great to see the place sold out. The Google Doodle was a nice surprise and hopefully created new fans.

This is also my first time posting anything here, so hello!