Blog Comments

• |
    WONDERFUL column today. Enjoyed every bit of it. From Tokyo DisneySea (which is the most amazing theme park in the world) to Ryan's beautiful SeaWorld pictures, to NYC and its many Disney ties, this was a wonderful journey.

Thank you to all. I really appreciate the eclectic mix in this column!
    • |
    How incredible does TDS look!?!

igrules, thanks for sharing the NYC pics. I hope to make it back there some day (not too far away). I was last in NYC, going on a long time ago now, in September 2000.
    Updated 05-11-2012 at 10:41 PM by rya86n
    • |
    BTW, is that Merida or a Scottish Emma Stone?
    • |
    PLEASE tell me that Figment "sticker roller" was from a guest. WDW has been declining SO FAST, but I can't believe that handwritten signs like the liquor store down the street are now considered acceptable!
    • |
    Great update! I didn't know the voice of Belle could paint and I'm glad that she got her Disney Legends award. Also, I kept hearing the song, "If You Can Dream" from the Disney Princess Series in my head, when reading the Paige O'Hara interview, the song and the interview itself is actually really great.

Timekeeper
    • |
    ^ my bad Athlonacon. That'd be my poor five month old memory fail there.
    Apologies sea lions, it was but a humble mistake, not intended to compare the with lumbering shark food.
    • |
    The "seals" in the SeaWorld portion are actually sea lions. They don't really like to be confused with the big lumbering shark food that just lies around in harbors all day. Sea lions are very smart, beautiful and one of my favorite marine animals.
    • |
    I know this is an odd thing to say, but I feel it's important. In the photo of them at the beginning of the article, the man's red eye concerns me, or should I say LACK of one read eye. One eye is RED and the other is WHITE. Whoever he is he needs to get this checked out, as it is a sign of something behind the eye blocking it. It could be serious. You should ALWAYS have 2 red eyes if you have one. Just an FYI
    • |
    The actress portraying Merida that day was stunning and possibly intimidating to some, but not in a bad way. They just don't know her very well yet, and too many American girls and their parents might like their European princesses to be blonder, weaker, and with American accents.

She's there to create awareness and guests might not be connecting her to the little girl that movie-going kids have all see at least twice in the previews for Pixar's "Brave." Universal has the Lorax running around before that movie opened too. If "Brave" is one of the better Pixar movies, then Merida (?) will be a rock star once the movie comes out and kids feel like they know her.

The actress that day (on the clips above) is fantastic, but seems more like Merida 15 years older than she appeared to be in the film. In "Brave" she might be the youngest Disney/Pixar (well, the first Pixar) "princess" ever.
    • |
    I wonder what the crowd reaction was to Princess Merida at Epcot? I remember when Rapunzel and Flynn first showed up at Disneyland, a lot of the park guests didn't know who they were because the movie hadn't come out yet. And oddly enough, Disneyland barely promoted the film beyond a couple of posters. So the meet and greet line was really short. Of course, after the movie came out all the little girls would wear Rapunzel dresses, and the line became a minimum of an hour wait, which it still is.
    • |
    Cute baby owl! And even cuter Merida from Brave!

Thanks for the NYC High Line pictures!

Do any of you know Rick Santorum? (Perhaps some of you older Republicans in Orange County, California.) If so--I don't know why--I think he'd look great in that Walt Disney World T-shirt! So please give him one, take a picture of him in it, then post it on Micechat.
    Thanks in advance!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC
    Ian P. I second that..
    Same thing
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Ian P. I second that..
    • |
    Is it any wonder the US has an obesity problem!
    • |
    Thx for the great Richmond clips. I love Civil War and Southern history and this was a real treat!
    • |
    The "Universal's Cinematic Spectacular" is a great example of Universal vs. Disney... Disney can take clips and glue it with a song (or two or three). But that IMHO was nothing more than an 18 minute "clip show" with some narration... plus something I don't think you want a 5 year old watching. The fountains weren't anything special, the mist screen does work quite well (but I'm guessing a slight wind is really going to cause havoc).
    • |
    Hmmmm, I personally would've picked Dex's Diner from Episode 2, from the planet, Coruscant. Then all they would have to do is build a cityscape with towers that would complement Space Mountain's Dome and, from a distance, would like Space Mountain was part a big city. But in terms of most memorable dining location from the Star Wars Episodes, Mos Eisley Cantina is more memorable, the trouble I would see them doing for it is a Dewback AA in the outdoors.

Timekeeper
    • |
    Star Wars Land is a great idea. But George Lucas would have to agree to this. It took a long time for Star Tours to be upgraded and that was single ride. A full Land would require a lot time and planning. I can't see him agreeing to superficial re-themeing of existing buildings with the Star Wars name added for marketing. He is famous for being a perfectionist. ( though many may not agree with his improvements. He takes his time to get things made how he wants.)
    • |
    Thanks for the update!
    You wrote, "The Limited Edition of Disneyland Paris, From Sketch To Reality is completing its original run of 2,000 copies . . . The books are scheduled to go to be released by early April [emphasis mine]."
    Any idea of the new ETA?