Blog Comments

• |
    Scarlett, your trip report was fascinating. A direct descendent of Pocahontas! That's so neat. Thank you for sharing!

I'm particularly interested in the expansion of Discoveryland to include a little mini Star Wars land. It makes so much sense. Much better than Avatar!

Looking forward to the Despicable Me attraction at Universal Studios Orlando as well. It was such a fun film.
    • |
    Will this new Star Wars land be its own land or an extension of Discoveryland?
    • |
    Great update everybody!!!

I NEED this shirt

• |
    I might also mention that the Packard Dealership neon does work. It's beautiful too see at night.
    • |
    Great update!
    • |
    Mickey Maxx; it was nice seeing my current hometown of Grass Valley, CA. but I hate to tell you, you appear to have missed an interesting Disney reference. As you know, Grass Valley is next door to Nevada City. Nevada City has many bed and breakfast places but the interesting one for Disney fans is the "Emma Nevada House." She was an entertainer during the gold rush period. The house was built by her father. Disney Legend & rail fan Ward Kimball had a full size back yard railroad and he named his first locomotive "Emma Nevada." Years later, Ward and his wife Betty stayed at the house in Nevada City and he drew a picture of his locomotive which is proudly displayed at the house.
    • |
    Test track made me nauseous. That's one of the reasons John Lassiter slowed down the Radiator Springs racers at the new Carsland. He also noticed that the speed (65 mph) was the reason Test Track would break down a lot.
    • |
    Thanks
    • |
    Great Update!

Timekeeper
    • |
    Great job by all. Monorail Man dont feel too bad about having some rain on your lens taking shots of the Space Needle. I was in Seattle 3 weeks ago on a beautiful clear day. Imagine my suprise when I got to the Science Center grounds to take once in a lifetime shots of the Space Needle only to find it with a gigantic Angry Bird and slingshot hanging on its side.
    • |
    I've taken the Coast Starlight from LA to San Luis Obispo, but now I really want to do the whole trip with a sleeper car. I absolutely love traveling by train! Thanks for sharing that great experience with us, glad you had a good trip!
    • |
    i love taking the coast starlight from seattle to l.a. i have never done the sleeper car however and i think i may try that next time
    • |
    Love the Easter bunny and basket cupcakes, great Imagineering. A train ride adventure from California to New York with dome cars on the Southern Pacific in 4 days, is a great memory all kids should experience. It's easier to color with crayons in a dome car.
    • |
    Monorail Man, thanks for the excellent train report. I guess I'd try for a sleeper on the left side going north, and on the right side going south. Is this easily done?

Regarding your eating and beverage habits. . .
    . . . I'm concerned!

No, actually I'm jealous and wish I could eat that.
    • |
    I've been to the Space Needle and the Grand Canyon.
    • |
    They seriously wouldn't let you take pictures inside the train cars? That's weird. I wonder what it means when you say they did not like you to use electronics. I have never thought of a camera as electronics.
    • |
    Love the train pics. I can remember back in the 70's taking the train from L.A. to San diego for $6.00 one way. We flew home for $9.00!
    • |
    Too funny Bronco. My Mom and her partner sometimes get Elk wandering through their yard, but alas, not while we were there.
    • |
    Haha I have pictures of my little brothers giving an elk a drink with a hose and other people are so excited to see them that they post pictures of them even when the pictures of them are of just their backside. It's interesting to see the different perspective between living around them my whole life and people who only see them on vacation. I guess I get excited when I see alligators while others just ignore them.
    • |
    Denise, I'll admit I wasn't a huge Epcot fan (but I have only visited once). But your flower photos are great. I also like the shot of the flag!