Blog Comments

• |
    Nice updates, thanks! Can't say I'm upset that Disney sold off the Power Rangers.
    By the way, that's a mini schnauzer, not a terrier in the kennel pic.
    • |
    Fantastic Update! I've been to Montezuma's Castle a few months ago, but didn't take any pictures. It's a very cool place to see if you're in the neighborhood visiting the Grand Canyon
    Thanks for all the incredible info you offer us every week! Don't ever stop, please!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Obviously, no love for Ocean Park in Hong Kong among this crowd
    I think it's just that most people haven't been to that park. I had a good time there in July, except for the Atoll Reef aquarium. We saw a sign outside that indicated they would be limiting the amount of people inside for better viewing, but once we got in, it was wall-to-wall people. I don't think I saw one single fish as the crowd pushed us through. I just trying to stay connected to my son at that point. It was scary in there!

Interesting that what you see can depend on which way you enter the park. We started at the other entrance and took the cable cars down, so we totally missed that giant dragon on the hill! Loved the pandas, loved the Mine Train coaster. It was a very different experience than HKDL.
    Updated 08-31-2010 at 08:45 AM by SusieP.
    • |
    i've been 2 the biltmore estate-my family lives in asheville so we've been 2 the house & the equestrain center 2 watch my sister & nieces ride horses. great food @ the restaurants!
    • |
    Well... I for one am sorry you were disappointed with the content of the Update this week. I however, am pleased that you realize that many of us do travel the world looking for and visiting interesting places that offer something fun to report on and also to post on places of interest where many of the micechatter will never have a chance to visit or see in their lifetimes. While the common reason for all of us to be here is most definitely DISNEY, the truth is...there is only so much we can report on Disney week after week before becoming repetitive and boring... and God forbid the Weekend Update became a place of boredom. Also please understand that everyone that participates on the update is doing so out of their own goodness of heart, without any type of compensation but the comments that are being shared by the readers. It does require a lot of our precious private time to do this on a recurrent basis and while some of the covered material may or may not ring with the viewers, everything you see here is presented with the hope that it will be enjoyable and in a sense, educational as well. If the Update has failed to do that, then I offer my apologies. But for those of us who are involved in the Weekend Update, it would be greatly appreciated as well if the vast majority of visitors who DO enjoy the Updates every weekend would also post and let us know what they think, and sadly that does not happen, so we have to go on the assumption that most are enjoying what's being featured week after week. The more comments received, the better we know what may be more enjoyable for you all. So please, keep the opinions coming in.
    • |
    Thank you for the 'update.' The reports from everyone about their trips were wonderful and I apprectiate the time and work that goes into putting one of these together. We are truly spoiled here on MiceAge/MiceChat.
    However, I was most displeased to see that there is really nothing Disney here. You all have been strategically moving the content of these updates further away from Disney and this is the first time I can ever remember not seeing any real Disney news in one. This update doesn't really belong on this site. MiceChat's roots are with Al and MiceAge, which is "A different look at Disney". The other updates were bearable because at least there was something Disney in them.
    Sorry, but this beautiful content really stretches beyond the scope of this site. God Bless the micechatters who were willing to share their wonderful pictures and reports (and bless the folks that put these updates together), but let's keep the focus of the site in mind, please.
    </rant>
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Weekend Update
    We got the confusion between Discovery Kingdom and Great America cleared up. I have now fixed the errors. Thanks for the heads up.
    Confusion with Six Flags and Great America. You reminds me of guests buying Six Flags Great America tickets who wants to go to CA's Great America in Santa Clara.
    Updated 08-29-2010 at 12:42 PM by Weekend Update (Tone)
    • |
    Thanks for showing the wonderful pictures of SFDK. I've always thought it was a gem of a park and one of the best Six Flags parks in the chain.
    • |
    Obviously, no love for Ocean Park in Hong Kong among this crowd :(
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS
    I wish I had a bootleg copy of Song of the South. That's the only reason I read this since nothing else is about Disney, you put that at the end, and made me read everything else.
    Oh man, I really want Song of the South too, even if it is a bootleg.

Once again, a great update.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by TifaOnACloud
    So that's what's been done to Marine World Africa USA, which was what Discovery Kingdom was called the last time I was there, before Six Flags took over.

Great America is to the south, in Santa Clara. Though that's the Cedar Fair owned one. I wonder if it's Tidal Wave is still in DK's parking lot.
    If you and I are thinking of the same thing, which is a roller coaster that I know as Greased Lightning, then no.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand
    why isn't magic mountain as good as the other six flags?
    I know magic mountain is open 2 times a week on some months still.
    It has times when it's only open weekends, yes, but it's still a good park. It's very clean and it has some of the best roller coasters in the country.
    • |
    Great Update! And really Baloo $5?! Which movies?
    • |
    great update, speaking of old Disney classics i saw several of the old Disney movies at walmarts for only $5 each DVD.
    • |
    why isn't magic mountain as good as the other six flags?
    I know magic mountain is open 2 times a week on some months still.
    • |
    The Six Flags park in Nor Cal is Discovery Kingdom not Great America.
    We got the confusion between Discovery Kingdom and Great America cleared up. I have now fixed the errors. Thanks for the heads up.
    • |
    What?! He went to the fair?! Dangit, I could have been his tour guide... And I wish I had known that they were selling Song of the South there... I would have bought it.
    • |
    Actually, I don't expect Ocean Park to have the level of theme as Disney. OP actually seems to compare favorably with the pix of Discovery Kingdom. Not all places have to be Disney, some can be Six Flags. Very nice pictures and update though, I appreciate seeing different places like this.
    • |
    I miss being able to get McDonald's fries at the parks. They just seemed to taste better on Disney property! Just wish there'd have been some shots of the hoity-toity McD's at the Biltmore (j/k!!!)... Seriously though, great pics and TRs, everyone!
    • |
    I got all excited that someone finally pulled there head out and was re-releasing song of the south! So need a copy of that movie!