Blog Comments

• |
    Loved the gardens detailed in the posts. It's the details you don't notice that actually make the details, you know? Sadly, this post was more exciting and detailed than the book "Secrets of Disney's Gardens" GREAT JOB!!
    • |
    Uh, did anyone say it was?
    • |
    Uh, that's not Downtown Disney Anaheim, dudes.
    • |
    I find it interesting how a patch of colorful flowers will go up somewhere in Disneyland, then a week later they're gone, replaced by something else. I'm guessing some flowers reach their peak quickly and the Disney horticulturalists are alway on top of things.
    Our weather here also helps to the abundance and variety of foliage. It's never too hot, never too cold. That's the characteristic of a Mediterranean climate. Southern California is only one of five places on the planet with that type of climate.
    • |
    Is that a Bauhinia blakena tree just behind Walt in the hub? Or the Bauhinia variegata variety? Mine flowers only in the spring time when the warm weather starts. Love those pink orchids. Disney Legend Bill Evans really had green thumbs and fingers. I'm saving now for Alain's Tokyo Disney Seas book now to go with his Making of Euro Disney book. PD
    Updated 03-10-2012 at 03:05 PM by DisWedWay
    • |
    Years ago I went to Magic Mountain, and their lack of gardening made me appreciate Disneyland much more. A lot of money and excellent work goes into making Disneyland my favorite man-made place on Earth.

I liked seeing the work that's going into the Disneyland Paris book. I got the Nickel Tour book of Disneyland long ago at a Disneyana show in Garden Grove for an only $60, and I regret not getting a couple more copies of that.

I hope that Walt Disney World gets a worthy book for its 50th anniversary, and not just a 120 pages slapped onto, "Since the World Began." I've read that Jeff Kurti is a wonderful guy, but that book is so inadequate that it makes me a little depressed, though I did get my copy of it for a low price via Amazon's used book service. Maybe my grade school memories of WDW in the 70s are idealized that no book could capture how I remember it.

THANK Y'ALL for your work on these updates! They help keep me going.
    • |
    L-O-V-E-D the horticultural look at Disneyland!!! Simply beautiful, and so very well done. Reminds me of why I love the place. Thank you guys.
    • |
    That was an absolutely fantastic tour of how Disney uses gardens, flowers, trees and other foliage not only for beauty but also to support theme. Thank you for this very insightful and fascinating tour.
    • |
    It was interesting to watch the video from "One More Disney Day" in Florida. So much more civilized and tolerable than, what is now, the infamous Disneyland version of the event.
    I was there, but all in all, an amazing experience to be amongst the 88,000 who shared in one common goal; to reach 6am.
    • |
    "We split one of these cupcakes, they were very good! I love frosting, but I normally think that Disney cupcakes have too much of it. These didn't."

Denise, these didn't have too much frosting? (I had broccoli twice today and a spinach smoothie. I'm jealous.)
    • |
    Great to see our old Knott's Bear-y Tale friends and Goldie. Hope her cousins leg is still kicking out the window, when its time for the Sheriff to come up stairs ( at least that's what he told me.).
    Updated 03-03-2012 at 01:31 PM by DisWedWay
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Great update but quick correction. Disneyland Paris is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year and not its 25th as stated in the update!
    Thank you Malin. Corrected.

Great update everyone! Loved the photos from Denise, Ryan and Alain.

So much going on in the Disney universe!

Dusty
    • |
    Denise, loved the "bathroom break" videos from the Daytona 500. The pics of the drivers are also great...you must have had good seats to get such close up pics. The walking path from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness is one of those places that one would never expect to find when vacationing at a theme park. It is a refreshing break from the parks. I'm looking forward to your pics from the F&G festival next weekend. John Gidding is the first HGTV presenter this year, and I can't wait to see your meet and greet pics with him!

Ryan, through your reports you are showing me parts of WDW where I have never been.
    Alain, the night shots of the new castle show at DLP are stunning. I'm looking forward to your updates of the new show.
    Regions, enjoyed your pics of Knotts. It seems like Knotts is very well themed. We are planning our first family vacation to DLR and I am wondering if it would be worth it to forfeit a day at Disney to spend a day Knotts.
    • |
    Ya i was going to say that! DLP has to be the coolest disney resort!!!!!!!!
    • |
    Great update but quick correction. Disneyland Paris is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year and not its 25th as stated in the update!
    • |
    Great Update! Loved RegionsBeyonds photo tour of the Knotts berry farm!
    • |
    The Dumbo queue has been painted bright, not brightly.
    • |
    Five years ago I was given a form to fill out to become a member of Club 33. They said the waiting list was seven years, so I tossed the form. I figured that was too long to wait. Now they no longer take applications for membership. [B]DOH![/B]
    My only other chance at exclusive club membership will be if the rumors are true that there will be a private club inside the new Carthay Circle Theater at Disney California Adventure. Anybody know any details about that?
    • |
    Excellent update, as usual. Denise and Jeff, your video look at Epcot couldn't have come at a better time, as I'm just 48 hours away from BEING THERE! I don't usually take part in any of the F&G seminars, so for me the fun of it is the beautiful scenery and topiaries. Very excited to see that they're going to be out for my visit!!!
    • |
    Another great Weekend Update.
Page 7 of 166 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257107 ... LastLast