Blog Comments

• |
    From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...
    Great job!! I have a degree in Urban Planning and projects like this one makes me wish I continued with UP.
    First of all, anything is possible and Disney is just the entity to make it happen. I say Disney should buy up as much of the available property, especially WM. I like your idea of having different monorail loops. I think that will encourage people to go further away from DL proper. I also like your idea of moving Downtown Disney to WM and modifying the vacant area left by moving Downtown Disney. Keep up the great work! I'm sure there are budding planners out there that out have and will inspire!
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out!
    • |
    Well thank you. I've convinced myself not many make it here to read these things. haha
    • |
    • |
    Thanks.
    • |
    That is how Tommorrowland (Tom-Morrow Spelling) should be. Though I love buzz, it doesn't belong in tommorrowland. Maybe it could be moved to DCA or Fantasyland? I would HATE to see it go even though tommorrowland is the land of change. Also Darth Vader in the queue of Star Tours would be just awful. I mean Star Tours 2 takes place before episode 4. Otherwise, awsome ideas. You know, I would love to see the apposed "Hollywood land" be built, and Roger Rabbit be moved where it belongs! Come on Disney Imagineering!
    • |
    If only it were that easy!
    • |
    Fair enough. Personally though, I don't go to Disneyland to play Rollercoaster Tycoon. lol
    • |
    I kind of wish they'd put a Disney Quest type thing in Innoventions. I know that's a pipe dream, but the build-your-own rollercoaster would be fantastic.
    • |
    Wow. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into this. Do the world a favor and apply at WDI.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by codyman019
    where would CM's park!!!!!!!!! lol haha didnt think of that....did ya?
    Actually I did. :P

Four thousand of the stalls in this structure would go toward the hotels, while the other six thousand would be cast member parking stalls. This is up from 2514 stalls between the hotels, and 5591 cast stalls currently. A road would run from this lot to each hotel in order to facilitate bag drop-off and valet services..
    • |
    where would CM's park!!!!!!!!! lol haha didnt think of that....did ya?
    • |
    I like a lot of your ideas. I want them to get rid of BLAB and put something semi-educational in there, but I don't think a telescope would work very well in Disneyland. I always thought something similar to Armageddon from DLRP could work, but without the Armageddon theme.

I also think the Innoventions building isn't as big inside as it looks from the outside. I'm not sure it could handle anything outside of a new Carousel style show and maybe a short dark ride upstairs unless they are willing to significantly expand the building.

As much as I like your idea for the platform, I would rather they keep it less intense. I also like your idea for Autopia, although one of the fun parts of Autopia is that you feel like you're driving on a highway because you have other cars going by you. As awesome as it would be to be above Tomorrowland, there is not room for additional cars. Plus, given that everyone wants to ride alone on Autopia so they can drive, you'd have some pretty long solitary stretches not to mention the potential safety hazards and long wait times.

On last thing, I enjoyed the Star Trader idea. It'd be neat if they themed that area to a futuristic shopping center. Star Trader would be a department store, Magic Eye would be the movie theater (I'd change the show during the day: HISTA in the mornings when there are more kids and EO during the night), and Pizza Port is the eatery. I would also consider moving the pasta and pizza to TLT and turning Pizza Port into a sit down restaurant (maybe character dining) with a menu similar to what the Las Vegas Hilton served when they used to have Star Trek the Experience.
    • |
    Thanks everyone!
    • |
    Nice job!
    • |
    Concept art of the parking lots? that is what I call dedication! They are all great ideas of what to do with the outer non-parks resort
    • |
    very good, would like to see it happen
    • |
    ^How about Drew Carey making noises?
    • |
    Thanks.
    • |
    Excellent Idea on the Nemo ride. ;p
    • |
    Please Comment!