View RSS Feed

The Mouse Castle

A little bit of news, a little bit of history, a whole lot of Disney.

(Formerly [I]Tim's Disney News Archive[/I])

1. Memories of Marceline

by , 04-06-2011 at 07:40 AM (The Mouse Castle)
    I stood alone in the tall grass of that Missouri farm, a large pond to my right, a rebuilt barn chock-full of messages and memories to my left. Behind me in the distance was a carefully maintained farm house painted bright red with white trim. As a child, its famous former resident once marveled at how big the front yard was. Nearby, a century-old cottonwood tree shattered by a lightning strike remained, tall, resolute and very much alive despite the random harshness of nature. It takes more than ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Walt Disney Family Museum: One Year Later

by , 10-26-2010 at 05:59 AM (The Mouse Castle)
    Walt Disney famously said, "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world." In San Francisco, the Walt Disney Family Museum is taking a similar approach. It continually tweaks things--adding additional seating here, moving a display there--to improve the appearance and flow of the ten galleries that trace Walt's life from his humble Midwest beginnings to his perch atop an entertainment empire. "We've done a few very minor changes," says ...

Updated 01-02-2011 at 06:05 PM by disneytim (Update Link)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Dark and Stormy Night, 1929

by , 08-22-2010 at 08:57 AM (The Mouse Castle)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kZSdAcDrA3E/TGy7_CfHEMI/AAAAAAAAALg/VaNwDbvd_r0/s200/SD00.JPG[/IMG][/CENTER]

Lightning crashes and the wind howls as a lone owl gives a plaintive hoot against the backdrop of a full moon. A clock in a church belfry strikes midnight and a colony of bats fly into the night. Nearby, a dog howls while two black cats hiss at each other atop two gravestones. Suddenly, a bony apparition rises from the ground and leaps toward the audience.

Updated 01-02-2011 at 06:10 PM by disneytim (Update Link)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Walt Disney Family Museum: The Smithsonian of Walt

by , 09-30-2009 at 12:44 PM (The Mouse Castle)
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.disneynewsarchive.com/blog/uploaded_images/Walt-Disney-Family-Museum-706894.jpg"][IMG]http://www.disneynewsarchive.com/blog/uploaded_images/Walt-Disney-Family-Museum-706887.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][I]The Walt Disney Family Museum[/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

By the end of my visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum, I was running out of superlatives to describe it.

"Amazing," "eye-popping," "whimsical," "profound," ...
  5. What to See at D23 - Day Three

by , 09-07-2009 at 09:19 PM (The Mouse Castle)
    If armchair Imagineering is your thing, Saturday is your day at the D23 Expo, with no less than four sessions dedicated to the nuts and bolts of theme park creativity. Throw in two digitally-restored screen princesses, one brand new one, and an auction of exclusive Disney merchandise, collectibles and events, and you've got a jam-packed day from morning 'til night.

[B]Saturday, 9/12/09[/B]

[B]9:00 a.m. - So You Want To Be an Imagineer?, Storytellers Theater[/B]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast