Blog Comments

• |
    I call bull on linear induction motors/linear synchronous motors only working on level surfaces. Modern roller coasters use LIMs to both launch and slow their cars. Also, the official Wedway Peoplemover brochure says otherwise stating:

Although current vehicles travel on a relatively flat plane, they can be propelled on any angle depending on the the power supplied to the motors.
    • |
    Hi, would you like to remodelling your home. There is a lot of difference in the home remoduling design, So we are selecting a good home remodeling in orange county
    Thanks and regards
    • |
    One of the first publications that got me interested in a deeper view of Disney history. I'm sad that they did not continue.
    • |
    Does. Your kids need. Money then message
    • |
    The Peoplemover was my absolute FAVORITE thing there. A few weeks ago I asked my mom why I liked it so much and she said "because it was the slowest ride". Ever since I can ... ever since my mom can remember, I insisted on going on it EVERY time we go there and we went there quite a bit. As a matter of fact, in a few weeks, I'm going to get a Peoplemover tattoo. Thank you so much for writing this article. It was awesome!!
    • |
    I too celebrate the terrific legacy of what Jack and Leon had done - and check out this shocking fact. Despite Marty Sklar having assisted and helped Jack & Leon with their E-Ticket magazine, and that Jack and Leon had interviewed those directly responsible for the designs, crafting and manufacturing of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride attraction(s), and they had assistance from Disney’s top two archivist, Dave Smith and Robert Tieman too, I have a legal 2006/2007 document (Disney has a copy too) in which Marty Sklar himself, on behalf of the Walt Disney Company, had proclaimed under oath that for all purposes Jack and Leon Janzen and their E-Ticket magazine weren't a credible resource. Furthermore, also during legal proceedings, that on one hand the Walt Disney Company, Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio had presented a copy of The E-Ticket magazine with which to proclaim it was proof of what Marc Davis had designed, but on the other hand they also represented that Jack and Leon Janzen and Marc Davis were ignorant liars when it came to Marc Davis' creative work for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride attraction.
    • |
    I, too, am lucky enough to own a complete collection of The "E" Ticket Magazine. My very first issue was #14, the tour of Main Street, and from there I was hooked. I bought all of the earlier issues from a friend who was looking for cash to rebuild an old sports car.

Every issue was packed with great stories and detailed interviews. BTW, Sam, your info is a bit inaccurate. The first full-color cover was #23, The Jungle Cruise. I prefer the charm and texture of the old monochrome covers, though; it really gives character to the artwork.

For those of you who want to get ahold of back issues or the CD's, try contacting the Walt Disney Family Museum directly. When the third back issue CD became available I sent them an e-mail and they were very helpful to get it shipped up to me.
    • |
    I too never got a chance to read a single issue all the way though, I only glanced thru one or two for the images and the captions. I hope to someday find a copy of the nickel tour and (maybe) all the issues of the e-ticket too.

Timekeeper
    • |
    Amazing magazine!...Unfortunately I had only the 4 last issues of it. Definitely one of the most cherished treasures of my small Disney collection.
    • |
    Best Disney parks magazine ever, hands down. Purchased the majority of the newer editions oat Disneyana on Main Street and was lucky enough to get all of the ones I didn't have on the CD-ROM's they released years ago. A shame they stopped publishing but understandable.
    • |
    In my opinion, there has never been a greater resource of what it was like to be a ravenous fan of all things Disney. The subject of their love practically jumps off every page. I especially enjoyed the virtual walk/ride-thru's of attractions long since relegated to Yesterland. Reading every issue was a wealth of re-sparked memories that I thought I had long ago forgotten. There was NOTHING I looked forward to receiving in the mail (I was a longtime subscriber too) more than The "E" Ticket Magaine. A magazine of absolute gold created by, and made for, people who could never imagine NOT having the gifts that Walt left to all of us in their lives. The devotion, details, respect, and unmitigated awe that Jack & Leon passed along to us were an absolute joy to read to any of us who had the pleasure of this wonderful magazine.
    • |
    Oh how I miss The "E" Ticket. It was really the definitive insiders look at Disney at the time. Luckily, I have many of the issues in paper. But I'd love to have the digital version for easier searching. Still find myself reading the Haunted Mansion issue (my favorite) over and over again.
    • |
    Getting an "E" Ticket magazine from the Disneyana shop on Main Street was a tradition of mine when I'd visit the park every year or so. Truly a great magazine. Even more so for being an independant publishing endeavor.
    • |
    Thanks for highlighting these gems of information. I treasure all my hard copies and will probablt keep them forever. I remember how great it was to actually see them for sale in Disneyana, despite the fact that it took two outsiders to produce something that Disney themselves should have done. RIP to Leon and I hope Jack is enjoying his retirement.
    • |
    The level of detail in the Janzen brothers' articles and interviews is top notch. Sam, thanks for also mentioning Jack's drawings, which are wonderful and an often overlooked treasure of this publication.
    • |
    I was a long time subscriber and was sorry to see it end. During a downsize I sold all my paper copies but have great memories of reading each and every article.
    • |
    I was fortunate to purchase the three CDs with a majority of the issues. My wife was able to buy all of them in paper format for me too. It is an amazing and unbelievable resource that I wish everyone could see!
    • |
    I personally have all issues and they are a treasure of information. I always looked forward to the next issue. Maybe your article will bring a renewed interest in a fine magazine.
    • |
    The most detailed source on Disneyland ever. Went on and on about the inner working of even the smallest rides and things like most of the parks "Muddy colored" ponds and rivers all being connected underground. I annoy my friends on visits to the park telling them all the random stuff I learned from E Ticket. Next time I'm at the museum(near me) I'll ask about it.
    • |
    I treasure my issues of the E Ticket! They are an invaluable source for Disneyland history. Many back issues are available for purchase at the Walt Disney Family Museum Gift Shop including the cd-roms of very first issues!
Page 1 of 61 1234112651 ... LastLast