View RSS Feed

SAMLAND

1. MiceChatter: Pottermania, Lion King, Phineas & Ferb

by , 07-13-2011 at 08:40 PM

Shouting a big hey howdy hey to all of our readers. Hope your summer is going well. Ours has been a whirlwind of new attractions and excitement. SAMLAND is on summer vacation today and our new video columnist, Sarah of the MiceChatter blog on YouTube, is filling in today to help keep you entertained.

A couple of notes. First, the ...
  2. Matterhorn Bobsleds Versus Expedition Everest

by , 04-06-2011 at 08:07 PM

Not long ago I tried to compare the Splash Mountain in Disneyland to the one at the Magic Kingdom, I even declared a winner. Time to take a look at another pair of Disney mountains and, if possible, we'll pick another winner. Now, I understand that this is not directly an apple-to-apple comparison. But, in many respects, they share similar details with

Updated 04-07-2011 at 12:33 PM by SAMLAND

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Walt Disney's EPCOT And The Heart of Our Cities

by , 03-09-2011 at 10:56 PM

As a planning historian, I always want to learn more about what drives different projects. So I have tried to find out the design influence for Walt’s original City of Tomorrow that he was going to call EPCOT. This two part series is an excerpt from a section I wrote for “Four Decades of Magic” a collection of essays by many terrific authors about Walt Disney World.

In

Updated 03-16-2011 at 03:30 PM by SAMLAND

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Splash Mountain Versus Splash Mountain

by , 03-02-2011 at 08:02 PM

“Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.” – Charles Caleb Colton

There are a lot of cross-continent Disney park goers out there (and even more wannabes) and there is nothing more fun then a little debate. So, time to ask and answer an age-old question; for rides that exist at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, which version is better? You bought the ticket. Time to go ...

Updated 03-03-2011 at 06:29 AM by SAMLAND

Categories
    Uncategorized