Blog Comments

• |
    If I ever win the Super Bowl, I'd be seriously tempted to say "I'm going to DisneySea!", then hop the next flight to Tokyo (with my team)
    • |
    That would've been cool for a jeep safari and a great update too!

Timekeeper
    • |
    [QUOTE=Disneylandfan85;bt21670]No offense, but in regards of Manning, why is it always Disney World? I remember a few times when they went to Disneyland, such as when Joe Montana said he was going there when the San Francisco 49ers won the Super Bowl one time.[/QUOTE]

When Manning won the Super Bowl in 2008, he went to Disneyland, not Disney World. That year it was played in Arizona, so that was the closer park. This year Indianapolis was closer to Disney World.
    When a team wins a major sporting event (not just the Super Bowl) a Disney camera crew is there. They've already approached someone from both teams telling them to expect the crew to come up after the game. They're told to speak two lines into the camera; "I'm going to Disneyland", followed by "I'm going to Disney World". Then the commercials will play differently depending on which geographic market it runs.
    • |
    Don't mean to be "that guy" but either you are using an old "I'm going to Disneyworld spot" or Disney totally muffed it. All the clips from that commerical are from the FIRST Giants v. Patriots Super Bowl. That was Super Bowl XLII in Glendale, AZ. Look at the jerseys of all the players and the field. The logo is all over the place. Also, the Giant catching the touchdown is Plaxico Burress, the guy who shot himself in the foot in an NY club and then did prison time. Where is the new ad? Or did they just recycle the old one? Or did you use the old ad and think it was new?
    • |
    TwilitWings: It was a real ride concept

• |
    Was the Jeep Safari a real ride idea? I would've taken it as a reference to the actual "ride around the park" that the scientists took to see the dinosaurs in the movie/novel. Either way, I really love seeing those types of dioramas and it's good to see it back. : )
    • |
    No offense, but in regards of Manning, why is it always Disney World? I remember a few times when they went to Disneyland, such as when Joe Montana said he was going there when the San Francisco 49ers won the Super Bowl one time.
    • |
    I have to disagree 100% with R.A.'s review of Habit Heroes. I got to enjoy the pavillion the first day it was open to guest and have to say I think it is easily THE BEST exhibit currently in Innoventions. Only problem that I agree with is the CM currently working the attraction are a little confused on the themeing but I personal understand why, seeing how the CM working the pavilion arnt the same ones who do the Innoventions spiel attractions so it's the first time they are being asked to work in an immersive environment.

The group I went in with ran around the first room working together and loved the other two parts as well including the dance part. In fact, that was our fav part.
    • |
    Facial hair usually only makes a guy look hotter. Bring it on.
    • |
    Why does WDW continue to use the red Chevy for their VIP parades??? It is so out of place!! They can't buy/make a vehicle that would blend in better to the Magic Kingdom?? LOSERS!!!

Also, I think the facial hair looks fine and it's a good new policy from Disney.
    • |
    Regarding the FASTPASS changes. I know that it may seem like Disney is doing the fair thing by enforcing return times. But I think the change will cause a lot of unintended problems. If guests are tied up with FASTPASS return times AND have dining reservations, something will have to give. Either guests are going to expect the restaurant to flex on the reservation or attractions to flex on the FASTPASS return. We also shouldn't expect the casual visitor to WDW to have any idea how long it will take to walk from one side of EPCOT to the other. Many, many folks are going to miss their window, which will cause unnecessary frustration.

I'm not sure what prompted the change, but the better solution would be to further limit the number of FASTPASS tickets given out and keep the system flexible, rather than create more limits and guest frustration.

When in doubt, err on the side of guest comfort and magic. WDW seems to have forgotten how to do that.
    • |
    Glad to see Universal in their Lagoon, has been taking notes and details from Disney's Tokyo Disney Seas Lost River Delta and water spectacular. Esmeralda said she would like a Dooney and Burke tote bag for her crystal ball.
    • |
    Things are looking good, here. Hope all construction is done by Thanksgiving.

Before I took a look at the comments, I checked out the Hidden Parkhopper picture, and remembered right off the bat that it's a prop of some kind from the Jurassic Park River Adventure Water Coaster.
    • |
    The fantasyland expansion looks amazing thus far. Can't wait for the whole land to be done. It'll be something to experience it once it's done.

The habits potion of Innovations looks...well Dusty said it, "Terrible."

I'm still sad to see that Jaws is no longer

Thanks for the update.
    • |
    Epcot's new Habit Heros sounds terrible. Nice to see you here in the parkhopper R.A. Pederson! I just picked up a copy of your book this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive.

I also loved those aerial shots of Fantasyland. Much easier for me to visualize how everything will look when it's all done.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to today's update. I don't know how you folks do this week after week, but it sure is appreciated!
    • |
    The history of Busch Gardens is amazing!
    • |
    Excellent update!

Hidden Parkhopper: The model for the Jurassic Park ride. (one of the small red buildings)
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by isny
    "What makes this so interesting is that the entire ride was designed around the look of the original projections. Universal, wanting to create a seamless experience went to great lengths designing the physical sets to match the exact color and look of the movies. This included making digital renderings of brick walls and other spaces found in the movies and literally printing out giant life sized sheets of these items to cover the various environments in the attraction. Now with the new, more detailed, and grittier videos in the attractions we wonder how much of the sets will be redone to match."

I'm pretty sure you have this backwards. The original 3D video, sets, etc. were all designed around the 90's cartoon a lot of us grew up with. The new renderings and background looks to be closer stylistically to the movies.
    Correct, the overall inspiration for the ride is the 90's cartoon. However, what they are talking about in the article was how the designers wanted to create the illusion that the projections and the physical sets where the same and they never wanted you to be able to guess where the sets begin or end and where the screens took over. So to do this, they created the projections and then took the video image and turned it into wall paper for example a brick wall so that way the brick wall that merged with the video screen looked exactly like the brick wall in the projection and you couldn't tell the difference between the two.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by TodAZ1
    What's 4K mean?

Also, anyone else think it's kind of weird to have a kingdom inside of the Kingdom? What I mean is the Beauty and the Beast castle and now castle walls.
    4K is the new "HD" it means 4000 pixels.
    • |
    And though Universal Studios Florida was originally billed as an authentic production facility with full-sized replicas of New York streets, they have long since abandoned the conceit of selling the park as anything but movie-themed fun. It is with this adjustment of intent, for example, that the 2008 update of “Earthquake” to “Disaster!” at Universal Orlando created some cheesy good fun out of an otherwise outdated attraction. So why hasn’t Disney also dropped the “working studio” fiction from the Backlot Tour and readjusted its intent to be that of movie-themed fun?
    How did Universal go from "working studio" to "movie-themed fun"?
Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast